Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: JC
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 25, 2009 07:08

I can see I haven't missed anything important the last few days.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 25, 2009 07:16

sweetcharmed .... Only panic ole son when nobody misses you ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 25, 2009 07:35

Munichhilton
Jesus is the head of security for all of us.

lovin this! ha chaa
winking smiley

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: August 25, 2009 08:11

Barn Owl
...the problem with JC is that he thought he really WAS JC.

Piss off. If you're cool Jim was just as cool.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 25, 2009 09:54

As I said before you can't beat this site for sheer entertainment value.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: August 25, 2009 21:42

....seems that theres no big interest in discussing Jim and his whereabouts after he left the Stones...sad, because while he was the Stones head of security, many people kissed his ass...sad.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 25, 2009 21:47

the protection of THE PLEXIGLASS is sufficient for me

p

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: August 25, 2009 22:04

So...to get back to the original post,does anybody actually know what became of him?

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: August 25, 2009 22:54

Yes, JC still does work for Dylan from time to time. He is a GREAT guy and always treated me "above and beyond". Found it quite hypocritical what the Stones did as all the back-up crew were scalping just the same. Anyway, Cohl wanted him out in 1989 -- but Keith said NO -- so was just looking for the best chance.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 25, 2009 23:00

can we bring jc back and dump cohl please?

Date: August 25, 2009 23:49

Exactly.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: August 26, 2009 02:20

Was JC the guy who liked to have his palms greased with Sony Walkmans as opposed to hard cash?

Sounds like he was, as we say in Liverpool, "bent as a bottle of chips".

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: August 26, 2009 08:40

There was a piece in a magazine years ago when JC was working with Dylan. Dylan was actually talking to and signing autographs for fans in Japan (I believe) and JC said to something like this to Bob "Don't sign to many, you will lower the value"

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 26, 2009 08:55

I have heard and read several stories about why Jim Callaghan was fired. I know the stories about the illegal selling of tickets, VIP passes, wristbands etc. But all the stories came from people who also heard or read something. The story has never been told to me by anyone who really KNOWS what went on. I wonder if anyone here really KNOWS and is willing to Tell Me. As for Jim, I never had any problems with him. He was always very kind and helpful. And I never paid him anything.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: DCChris ()
Date: August 26, 2009 10:33

I´m very interested in JC! I´m looking for him! He is a good man.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: August 26, 2009 11:02

I think some people mix up Jim Callahan with someone else. Jim - JC - was a BIG guy, head of security. Whereas Michael Cohl is small as a garden gnome and he's bought the rights to the Stones tours the last couple of decades. He's paid them a certain amount of money, so they've been financially secure, even if the stadiums have been half full in some places.
But Mr. Cohl could never have handled security, like JC did. Cohl's small and is only a threath to your valet... Your economy. Not to you - or any other maniac - physically.
The head of secutity on ABB - last leg - was Preston.

JC got fired in Munich in June 2003, after they discovered he'd been selling tickets in the black market. Scalping. There had been some suspicions before, but the Cirkus Krone show was the first time where they actually put codes for every staff member on the wrist bands. Therefore, they could find out who the big scalper in the system was.
Some family members have also been accused of selling tickets and back stage passes. Ronnie's step son Jamie once had that kind of accusations pointed at him. I don't know how that turned out, but I guess Jamie's got the sack now - along with his mother.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: August 26, 2009 12:02

Jesus Christ? I thouhgt it was Jacques Chirac because he can travel for free with his joh. He never spent an "ancien franc" "nouveau franc or euro" all along his long life. People always paid for him. Même Mémére lui cherche du fric avec les pièces jaunes. Pas de petits profits!

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: August 26, 2009 12:35

This thread should be closed. No need for a idle speculation and gossip about a great cat.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 26, 2009 15:02

I thought clapton71's question in the 1st post was completely legit. Nothing negative about it and absolutely not asking for idle speculation. I am too very much interested in what has become of Jim C.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 26, 2009 15:05

<No need for a idle speculation and gossip about a great cat.>

You're saying that what Addicted said was just gossip?

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: August 26, 2009 15:50

Powderman - this is not rumours, but facts. Even though I loved the guy, there were many people who knew about this stuff.
And on the ABB, Michael Cohl one night came knocking on the hotel room doors of some musicians and crew members. Shouting: Back stage passes are not a right! It's a privilege! It costs us a LOT OF MONEY to feed everyone at the Rattlesnake Inn.
This upset quite a few people, it was late, and it looked as if he came around randomly. Most people on tour only bring close friends or family to the Rattlesnake Inn. And it could be once a week. Many people felt he was being petty and greedy and bad mannered when he came around shouting like that - after midnight!

Date: August 26, 2009 16:48

I know. That's why I asked fiftyamp why he thought it was gossip...

Date: August 27, 2009 00:05

JC is great and cool

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1292
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home