Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question : Vinyl from Paraguay
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 4, 2009 21:05

All I know about it is that's the record went out in 1976 ,manufactured in Brazil for sells in Paraguay.

REFERENCE RG2A

ANGIE ET BITCH :FACE A

ITS ONLY ROCK N ROLL ET HAPPY : FACE B

What seems strange to me is that the songs are from different years.

Does anyone has already heard about it ?
Many thanks for your help.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-07 19:50 by SwayStones.

Re: Question about a vinyl from Paraguay
Date: July 7, 2009 13:22

I found absolutely nothing about this record ,neither on books nor on the web.sad smiley

Only two links from eBay but the bid wasn't high enough.

Who could tell me more about manufactured vinyls in a certain country for sells in another county ?(as here manufactured in Brazil for sells in Paraguay.)

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: July 7, 2009 13:51

I can't find any info on this record, but I think is a bootleg.

Date: July 7, 2009 14:07

Massilia Rec. are serious.I already brought some of their vinyls .
But I really don't know what is this record.Although there are thousands of Stones records I don't know ...winking smiley

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: July 7, 2009 14:12

The label looks like a brazilian one and you are right: Massilia are serious as far as I know

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: July 7, 2009 14:36

This record is from Brazil, easy to find, and came with no cover. This cover must be a fake.

Date: July 7, 2009 15:50

I knew the people from Massilia rec. were serious !hot smiley.

I finally found this (it seems you were right straycat,no cover )

[www.quebarato.com.br]

Who talks portugese on this board and can translate the text ?
"compacto " doesn't mean CD ???

Promo item, right ?

Date: July 7, 2009 16:39

I think it came with a book cause it says "Prohibited sale separately"

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: July 7, 2009 16:42

There's a southamerican on eBay and he often changes nickname, selling never seen before sleeves from Chile, Brazil, Paraguay. They're all fake.

Posted by: theo1954 ()
Date: July 7, 2009 16:47

Maybe this will help:

From Rolling Stones Worldwide volume2:

The second and last Brazilian Stones EP of the seventies was not only ,yet again,a unique compilation,but also a very unusual release in terms of distribution.It was issued only as a free give-away disc with the local music magazine Rock Espetacular and could not be bought seperately.No picture sleeves were made for the record.It came housed in neutral white die-cut sleeves only,attached to the magazine.Because of its unique tracklisting,the unique label and the unusual way of distribution,this record is one of the most exotic releases to come out of Brazil in the 1970s.Needless to say it is very sought-after by collectors.
Beware of fake picture covers!

Date: July 7, 2009 18:53

Ricky
The label looks like a brazilian one and you are right: Massilia are serious as far as I know
stoned in washington dc
I think it came with a book cause it says "Prohibited sale separately"
straycat58
There's a southamerican on eBay and he often changes nickname, selling never seen before sleeves from Chile, Brazil, Paraguay. They're all fake.
theo1954
Maybe this will help:

From Rolling Stones Worldwide volume2:

The second and last Brazilian Stones EP of the seventies was not only ,yet again,a unique compilation,but also a very unusual release in terms of distribution.It was issued only as a free give-away disc with the local music magazine Rock Espetacular and could not be bought seperately.No picture sleeves were made for the record.It came housed in neutral white die-cut sleeves only,attached to the magazine.Because of its unique tracklisting,the unique label and the unusual way of distribution,this record is one of the most exotic releases to come out of Brazil in the 1970s.Needless to say it is very sought-after by collectors.
Beware of fake picture covers!

Sure this helped !!
Especially yours ,theo .

May be this thread could be a special one for the "South American vinyls " ,what do you think ?
I know my knowledge concerning the "Stones non official records " isn't really good compared to the treasures on IORR but I'd really would like to learn more about it.
Thanks for your adding comments.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1698
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home