Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: I'm 50 today
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 3, 2009 14:09

I realized yesterday that I am an old man. I realized it when I heard the president of the United States say that he GREW UP listening to Michael Jackson.

Re: OT: I'm 50 today
Date: July 3, 2009 14:09

Happy B-day, tatters! Have a good one smileys with beer

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 3, 2009 14:12

happy birthday

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: July 3, 2009 14:13

hey, happy birthday! don't worry, it's only halfway to 100

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 3, 2009 14:14

Happy birthday, tatters - it's just a number, and you'll NEVER be as old as me. Nothing wrong with being an old man as long as you don't turn into a grumpy one.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 3, 2009 14:14

Hey man congrats on makin' it but it's really only 18,250 days ya've been
on this planet ... Now that don't seem much do it ... Hope that makes ya feel better ... Happy Berfday tatters

ROCKMAN

Date: July 3, 2009 14:16

Child Of Clay

I'm only gonna make it to 86. Don't ask me how I know this. It's just something I feel in my bones. Somehow, when I turned 43, I just KNEW that I was closer to the end than I was to the beginning.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 3, 2009 14:28

tatters
Child Of Clay

I'm only gonna make it to 86. Don't ask me how I know this. It's just something I feel in my bones. Somehow, when I turned 43, I just KNEW that I was closer to the end than I was to the beginning.

Well then, you've got 36 more years to listen to great music. Enjoy 'em!

Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: July 3, 2009 14:29

Happy birthday!!!

Date: July 3, 2009 14:30

Rockman
Hey man congrats on makin' it but it's really only 18,250 days ya've been
on this planet ... Now that don't seem much do it ... Hope that makes ya feel better ... Happy Berfday tatters

I think the Moody Blues have a song called "22,000 Days", the purpose of which, I guess, is to wake people up to just how short life is. 22,000 days IS short. It's only 60 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-03 14:41 by tatters.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: July 3, 2009 14:32

all the best!!!smileys with beer

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: July 3, 2009 14:46

Have a great day ! hot smiley

Posted by: Child Of Clay ()
Date: July 3, 2009 14:50

tatters
Child Of Clay

just don't sit around waiting...

I'll be 45 this autumn and feel young while I'm not one of those wrinkled teenagers winking smiley
It's funny how fast the last 15 or so years have gone and in other 15 years I'll be 60. I have no idea where'll I be when I get REALLY old - I just feel I'll get there. Hopefully the world hasn't spiralled into total chaos by then!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 3, 2009 15:05

Congrats

Happy Birthday spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: July 3, 2009 15:14

I don't care about me getting older as far as I still can change my girl with a younger one.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 3, 2009 15:15

happy birthday .have a few on me !!!!!!!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 3, 2009 15:51

Tatters

and all the best !!!
Sway .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: July 3, 2009 15:53

Happy Birthday, tatters! To me you're a pioneer now, because you live through something that's awaiting me too (6 years left, but what's a year at our age, anyway?). I remember hitting the "40" mark was like crossing a line. Since that birthday not a single day has passed that I didn't have that nagging thought like "Got to hurry, make your mark, time fades away" etc. So what's happening now? Entering the age of sovereignty? In any case: don't grow old gracefully! Best whishes :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-03 15:56 by Greenblues.

Date: July 3, 2009 16:35

Child Of Clay
It's funny how fast the last 15 or so years have gone.

"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time"

Posted by: indystone ()
Date: July 3, 2009 16:36

Congrats Tatters on such a momentous day! Live it up and laugh off all the silly insults. As my Father always says..."the good thing about aging is that it won't last forever!" Have a pint on me and give a toast to Brian Jones as well. Cheers!

Date: July 3, 2009 16:45

straycat58
I don't care about me getting older as far as I still can change my girl with a younger one.

It's always seemed to me that no matter how old a guy gets, he wants young girls. Even guys who're 80 want 20-year-old girls. I'm finding out now that I'm not really like that. I always found older women attractive and I still do. I guess something like that stays with you forever. You know you're REALLY getting old when you can look at a 60-year-old woman and think "Hey, she's kinda cute!". Of course, it's always fun if she's got some young female friends hanging around.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: July 3, 2009 16:49

Yeah, happy B-day, tatters! smileys with beer

Date: July 3, 2009 16:50

indystone
Have a pint on me and give a toast to Brian Jones as well. Cheers!

Yeah, he died on my 10th birthday. I remember what I did that day. My friend's dad took us to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York. At the time, I'm sure I had no idea who Brian Jones was. It's possible I already had a copy of Big Hits in my very small record collection, but doubt I could have named any Stone other than Mick.

Date: July 3, 2009 17:00

Greenblues
I remember hitting the "40" mark was like crossing a line. Since that birthday not a single day has passed that I didn't have that nagging thought like "Got to hurry, make your mark, time fades away" etc. So what's happening now? Entering the age of sovereignty? In any case: don't grow old gracefully! Best whishes :-)

I have those thoughts too, and they cause me to constantly make short and long term To Do lists even though I know most of what I put on them will never be done in my lifetime because free time and disposable income are always going to be in short supply. I guess you just have to prioritize. Concentrate on a FEW things that interest you the most and that you most want to accomplish. I've been pleasantly surprised that many of the best experiences of my life happened when I was in my forties. I had thought the party would have been long over by now, but life is good sometimes and I still feel like there's more good times a comin'.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: July 3, 2009 17:04

Happy birthday Tatters (you're only 1 day older than yesterdaysmiling smiley)

Posted by: gagi ()
Date: July 3, 2009 17:36

Happy birthday drinking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 3, 2009 18:06

happy birthday tatters

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: July 3, 2009 18:49

Happy Birthday!

Every day above ground is a good one.

I'm 60 next year, how the hell did that creep up on me unnoticed?!

Posted by: jeanmarie ()
Date: July 3, 2009 19:24

welcome to the 50 club (1959 me too)
that's now I realize that for the 89 "come back", they were still young .... and the same sentiment for the voodoo lounge tour !!!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 3, 2009 19:35

50 it's the new 49....Have a good one Tatters drinking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home