Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 18
Re: OT: Michael Jackson has died...RIP
Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: June 26, 2009 14:04

RIP Michael Jackson

Posted by: micawber K ()
Date: June 26, 2009 14:07

Lorenz

"Is it very shocking to say that I don't care much? People die every day and I didn't even like that guy at all. I don't wish death on anyone, but I'm not writing RIP here just for the sake of it."

well don't write anything so if you have no interest in the thread plain and simple!

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: June 26, 2009 14:13

Rest in Peace Micahel, but dont understand why the people is so hypocrite when he lived?
Now he is gone, how good he was and bla, bla, bla??

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 26, 2009 14:17

micawber K
Lorenz

"Is it very shocking to say that I don't care much? People die every day and I didn't even like that guy at all. I don't wish death on anyone, but I'm not writing RIP here just for the sake of it."

well don't write anything so if you have no interest in the thread plain and simple!

I have an interest. I think it's ridiculous that posthumously people always get honored, forgetting about all flaws they had. I'm not writing it to provoke...as I said, I don't want to show disrespect to a dead person, but I felt all this "RIP God of Pop" needed some counter argument

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 26, 2009 14:21

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 26, 2009 14:57

Lorenz
micawber K
Lorenz

I have an interest. I think it's ridiculous that posthumously people always get honored, forgetting about all flaws they had. I'm not writing it to provoke...as I said, I don't want to show disrespect to a dead person, but I felt all this "RIP God of Pop" needed some counter argument

Lorenz, I know what you mean. I am still trying to balance these news for me. Mixed emotions all the way so far. Wasnt a big fan of his music, but thats up to each ones personal taste anyway. My respect for his work was probably always overshadowed by the fact that I could never take him seriously as a person. On the other hand, I always regretted him. In the end, I think he was an extremely tortured soul who never came to terms with himself. So when I say RIP, its heartfelt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-26 14:58 by alimente.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: June 26, 2009 15:01

RIP. Thanks for the grooves.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 26, 2009 15:08

mickschix
Well I feel bad, even though I was not thrilled with the man he'd become since around 2000. I still believe that he was a good man deep down, very childlike because his vicious father robbed him of his childhood. I can understand how his life got so screwed up and I feel bad that he could not have just moved ahead, on the track he was on in 1982 after THRILLER turned the world on! Rest In Peace Michael. What a terrible waste of tremendous talent.

Mickschix,
I couldn't agree with you more. While I can't support, agree with, condone what he'd become and so many of the allegations, which I have to believe were true since they kept popping up, he did seem to be just a grown man-child, trying to recapture what'd been stolen from him in his view. It was a sad way for his life to end. I was really hoping these concerts would have restored some of his badly tarnished legacy. Anyone can say what they want about him as a person since his decline, but his music undeniably speaks for itself, and there will NEVER be another Michael Jackson. The man was such an innovator and musical genius. I have lots of his songs on my iPod and I'm never ashamed when they come up here at work. From Thriller thru Dangerous, my favorite of his albums, he put out some of the best music ever recorded. His Smooth Criminal video is still one of my all-time favorites. His Thriller album was the first record I ever had, at 6 years old, and my mother kept returning it because she thought that it was skipping in Beat-It. LOL I hated Vincent Price's voice on Thriller - scared the heck outta me and to this day, I despise that song and video. I hated to watch his continued deteriotaion from what he'd once been. It was such a tragic waste of pure talent, and in many ways it seemed worse than someone who'd overdosed and left us because Michael was still here but only in body; his past musical pioneering was never to be replicated after Dangerous. I must be one of only a handful who even bought his Invincible and Blood on the Dance Floor albums, although the signs of the decline were already present on HIStory. And whhile I couldn't stomach looking at his altered face anymore, I was giving it serious thought to go see him, if he did indeed tour the US. I mean, it is Michael Jackson, after all, and much like I can say I saw Bob Dylan (and hated it), it would have been nice to have seen the King of Pop in concert. It's a sad, sad day for all of the musical world. Michael Jackson influenced so many in all kinds of genres, and it's even more sad that he'll probably most be remembered for the strange life he led in the end/person he became instead of the amazing musical legacy with which he left us. RIP Michael Jackson.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-26 15:33 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: June 26, 2009 15:21

Nicely put, VL13

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 26, 2009 15:35

love & light to him, and thanks & praises

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 26, 2009 15:45

I have never been a fan, but anyone can see what incredible talent the man had, and it's a sad way for it all to end.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: June 26, 2009 15:51

Genius musician!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: June 26, 2009 15:55

Jeffrey Daniel of Shalamar- the man who ivented the 'moonwalk' and the legendary performance he gave on top Of The Pops in 1982,
i remember watching as a kid....

2 years before Jackson copied him

Posted by: turd ()
Date: June 26, 2009 16:18

It looks like his demise might have been brought about by an overdose of the pain killer Demerol (which acts in a similar way to heroin, (slows heart rate, breathing etc) It's all very unfortunate and very sad.

He was one of those people who you could never imagine getting very old.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 26, 2009 16:38

If you can sell 110 million copies of a single album release - Thriller - then you must be the king of pop. I just read the following in the Canadian Victoria Times Colonist:

Few performers before or since could compete with Jackson during his prime. To date, only the Beatles, Elvis Presley and Bing Crosby have sold more records. He mastered movies, videos and concert tours, and worked with Eddie Van Halen, Martin Scorsese and Slash.

See the rest here:
Remembering Michael Jackson, 1958-2009
Moonwalker's life a thriller
[www.timescolonist.com]

Bjornulf

Mick and MJ
Posted by: sonyzzz ()
Date: June 26, 2009 15:49

It's a funny thing Mick Jagger has such a lust for life he is getting every
drop out of it. Michael Jackson with all his demons is dead. I gatta blame the
people around him.

Re: Mick and MJ
Date: June 26, 2009 15:53

You know, I always found Mick's duet with the Jacksons such a bizarre pairing...

Re: Mick and MJ
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 26, 2009 16:24

I don't blame the people around Michael for his demons. I prefer to think celebrities are big boys and girls who are responsible for themselves.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: June 26, 2009 16:42

An odd man for very good reasons. He did bring many of his problems on himself. Not my kind of music, but sorry to hear of his passing.

Re: OT: MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD - LA TIMES !!! "The Helter Report"
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 26, 2009 16:42

The Sicilian
The king of pop music. I don't think there was anyone bigger. Aside from all the crazy stuff and children issues, he was a force in the industry.

I did get to see him once in the 80's.

A loss that ranks up there with Elvis and John Lennon and Jimi Hendrix.

At least we still have Donny Osmond.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 26, 2009 16:47

jomo297
I'm bummed...Yeah, the dude was strange. No question about that. I blame his dad. He was a mean, sadistic prick. F you, Joe. Doesn't condone his behavior, but it does help explain it.

Just like Willy Wonka. Seriously. Have you seen Johnny Depp's performance in the Willy Wonka remake? It almost seems as if he's playing Michael Jackson.

all things Jackson
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 26, 2009 16:48

Rocky Dijon
I don't blame the people around Michael for his demons. I prefer to think celebrities are big boys and girls who are responsible for themselves.

i agree with you.

kinda surprised that when mentioned at all...Jackson's molestation charges etc... are being glossed over.

when OJ Simpson dies will tv news only talk about his football career?

IORR............but I like it!

Re: all things Jackson
Posted by: Bobby Keys ()
Date: June 26, 2009 17:03

sweet neo con
Rocky Dijon

i agree with you.

kinda surprised that when mentioned at all...Jackson's molestation charges etc... are being glossed over.

when OJ Simpson dies will tv news only talk about his football career?

When OJ dies his football career will be nothing but a footnote

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: June 26, 2009 17:03

Agree. HE WAS A FREAKIN' PEDOPHILE!!!

Date: June 26, 2009 17:11

turd
It looks like his demise might have been brought about by an overdose of the pain killer Demerol (which acts in a similar way to heroin, (slows heart rate, breathing etc) It's all very unfortunate and very sad.

From where are you hearing this, turd?

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: June 26, 2009 17:18

VoodooLounge13
turd

From where are you hearing this, turd?

[www.tmz.com]

Date: June 26, 2009 17:23

Bingo,
I can't open that website here at work. Any way to cut & paste the article?

Date: June 26, 2009 17:26

Michael Jackson Doctor -- MIA

Posted Jun 26th 2009 10:00AM by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson MIA We've learned law enforcement is looking for a doctor who lived at Michael Jackson's home -- and the doctor is nowhere to be found.

Law enforcement sources tell us a BMW belonging to the doctor was towed from Jackson's home last night.

Cops are looking to interview the doc.

A law enforcement source says the doctor gave Jackson an injection before he died.

Jackson reportedly may have OD'd on Demerol. As we first reported, family members were concerned that Jackson was taking too much morphine.

Date: June 26, 2009 17:27

Jackson Family -- Demerol Shot Caused Death

Posted Jun 26th 2009 9:56AM by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson demerol shotA close member of Michael Jackson's family has told us Jackson received a daily injection of a synthetic narcotic similar to morphine -- Demerol -- and yesterday he received a shot at 11:30 AM.

Family members are saying the dosage was "too much" and that's what caused his death.

Story developing...

Date: June 26, 2009 17:29

thanks Bingo! I had a bad feeling it was an overdose of some sort. I mean how does he pass all those tests for the London shows and then just drop dead? Something didn't add up there to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-26 17:30 by VoodooLounge13.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 18

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1735
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home