Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT, Lakers win NBA!!
Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: June 15, 2009 06:07

Lakers have won NBA tonite!!!
Record for Jackson 10 titles so far,
And Gasol first Spaniard winning NBA ring!!!
Vaaaammosss!!
PD, by the way my football team have promoted LA LIGA, First Division!!!
Shake Ronaldo, Kaká and Real Madrid Tenerife is back again!!!
Visca el Barsa!!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

Re: OT, Lakers win NBA!!
Date: June 15, 2009 06:11

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: June 15, 2009 06:20

Gotta love it...keep the rings coming!

Date: June 15, 2009 06:29

Vamos Victor and C´mon Club Deportivo Tenerife!!!!

Carlos
Tenerife

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 15, 2009 06:54

Congrats Lakers!...been a fan for 40 years.........played a great game tonight on the road.....Kobe MVP!.....and to Coach Phil Jackson for breaking Red Auerbachs record with his 10th Championship.....SWEET!........p.s. since the Lakers aquired Pao Gasol last season, they haven't lost 3 games in a row...without Pao, they couldnt have won it

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-15 07:04 by Rollin' Stoner.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 15, 2009 07:32

screw the lakers, i hate them and any team in any sport at any level from the "arm pit of the country -- southern california" excluding San Diego, of course.

p

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 15, 2009 07:45

What I'm most happy about is that they did it in 5 games.

I am sick and tired of the NBA, the owners, and especially the networks pressuring the refs (obvious by their calls in game 4) to make sure the playoffs last 6 to 7 games.

WTG Lakers!

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 15, 2009 07:46

timbernardis, did something bad happen to you down there?

Date: June 15, 2009 08:04

15th NBA championship for the Lakers...2 more and they tie the Celtics for the all-time record........way to go guys!....thanks for a great year

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 15, 2009 08:56

right--and the fans--make that animals--have already started their celebration--make that riot--outside of staples center. why is this so predictable?

[www.inquisitr.com]

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: June 15, 2009 09:42

sdstonesguy
Gotta love it...keep the rings coming!

A San Diego guy rooting for a LA team??? Not even the Clippers.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 15, 2009 16:19

I am very disappointed that the Lakers won. I have to give them credit though they are good team. Screw Phil Jackson though he aint no Red Auerbach he is a hired mercenary. A fine coach but he did not build a franchise from the ground up and win 8 titles in a row.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 15, 2009 17:04

more photos of the fans - make that, scumbags, "celebrating" the victory - how bad has it gotten i LA? This bad

[latimesblogs.latimes.com]

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: June 15, 2009 17:12

That's typical for california and esp.LA and San Fran. No respect for anything out there anymore. Too bad

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: June 15, 2009 17:41

California? Los Angeles? San Francisco? WTF are you yapping on about - it's the ENTIRE COUNTRY when it comes to riots and disobedience, from Seattle, New Orleans to Detroit to Boston, NYC, to Miami to ON and ON..... do a google and get your facts straight... I live part time in Europe (Paris) and will take the night life/street life any time of day over ANYWHERE in the idiot filled USA (but I'll take LA over almost anywhere else in the USA since I'm stuck here part time due to business) can't beat the beaches and good looking babes everywhere, plus the A1 weather. The riots were downtown where it's ALWAYS been a mess, not part of "MY WORLD" smiling smiley ..........

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 15, 2009 17:43

timbernardis
screw the lakers, i hate them and any team in any sport at any level from the "arm pit of the country -- southern california" excluding San Diego, of course.

p

Exactly.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: June 15, 2009 17:52

sweetcharmedlife
timbernardis

p

Exactly.

SCL, don't bring me down, you're too bright/sharp to talk like a Hillbilly - Repent BRO'- ain't too late !!! smiling smiley sad smiley smiling smiley you will be forgiven....")

Look what LA/California has done for the world !! WE GAVE YOU -

JIM MORRISON (via Florida)/THE DOORS
BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD
LOVE
Hot Babes
VAN HALEN
The Whiskey
The Roxy
BEATLES at the HOLLYWOOD BOWL
ROLLING STONES Earth Quake Benefit Concert
Movies
Earthquakes
FONZI and Happy Days
STEVEN SPEILBERG
B.A.R.T.
Gov Arnold Swartz.....
GRATEFUL DEAD
JEFFERSON AIRPLANE
Angelina Jolie
Paris Hilton
ROSE PARADE
IRON BUTTERFLY

so.........there you have it.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-15 18:44 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 15, 2009 18:09

I, too, am very disappointed that the Lakers won. I can see the pride for Pao, but I can't stand Kobe. Such a fin punk, so typical of the NBA these last 15 years or so. Likewise, I loathe Phil Jackson as well, and agree that he is no Red Auerbach. Wish to God the Celtics had gone further this year. Hopefully they can add some younger talent in the offseason and keep most of their key bench players in the process.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 15, 2009 18:13

HelterSkelter
sweetcharmedlife
timbernardis

p

Exactly.

SCL, don't bring me down, you're too bright/sharp to talk like a Hillbilly - Repent BRO'- ain't too late !!! smiling smiley sad smiley smiling smiley you will be forgiven....")

I'm just talking about LA sports teams Helter. I won't take any cheap shots at the city....It's just the sports junkie in me coming out.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: June 15, 2009 18:16

Then why not make Europe full time of you HATE the USA so much?

Date: June 15, 2009 18:17

mickscarey
That's typical for california and esp.LA and San Fran. No respect for anything out there anymore. Too bad

Stay there please. I LOVE the USA

Date: June 15, 2009 18:41

mickscarey

Believe me Dude, if there was a way to move the business I would WALK THERE with all my sh*t on my back (take a garbage freighter over the Atlantic in a thrashed cabin full of big fat rats) and never look back - NEVER EVER even turn my head, leave it ALL to you lad to enjoy fully...

*Cool SCL, no problemo.... smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-15 19:06 by HelterSkelter.

Date: June 15, 2009 19:12

Excellent.Thank you for the good news. One less knucklehead

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: June 15, 2009 19:40

In the early '60's when my family took that trip down Route 66 from Chicago to Los Angeles we landed in the middle of the Dodgers with Koufax and Drysdale; the Lakers with Baylor & West; USC football; and John Wooden at UCLA. I'd mention the Rams, but who cares? LA is approaching that type of excitement these days if the Bruins could keep its players a little longer.

As a long suffering Laker fan from the '60's (I went to Russell's last game at the Forum), it seems incredible that in my lifetime they may actually catch the Celtics in titles. Who would have ever thunk?

We live in Northern Cal now, but spent a weekend at Dodger Stadium a few weeks ago. LA's a real melting pot and the energy at the ballpark was great. I enjoyed it. Take all the shots at it you want. They don't care. It is what it is and if you have the right frame of mind, it can be fun. One of the things I most like about LA (sport-wise) is that they keep trying to shove a NFL franchise down its throat and they do not seem to care. Good for them! It's a sports active place. There's lots of events going on there. LA is doing quite well without it.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: June 15, 2009 20:07

HelterSkelter
mickscarey

Believe me Dude, if there was a way to move the business I would WALK THERE with all my sh*t on my back (take a garbage freighter over the Atlantic in a thrashed cabin full of big fat rats) and never look back - NEVER EVER even turn my head, leave it ALL to you lad to enjoy fully...

Believe me Dude, if you would advertise that attitude more here in the USA I'm sure you would find plenty of folks willing to sponsor you so you could move on out. Take an ad in the LA Times or something.

Congratulations Lakers!!!!!!

Date: June 15, 2009 20:11

HelterSkelter
mickscarey

I'm with Helter 100% on this one. Been to 45 countries, am a traveler, never a tourist, love the other cultures, the warmth and sincerity, the sense of community, see the USA as what it is: one huge shopping mall led by both Bruce S and Oprah. It is pathetic. Americans are very uninformed about the rest of the world, and their take is soooo wrong. I am only in the US when I have to be. 5 more days and it's Buenos Aires, then Italy.

Date: June 15, 2009 20:16

mickscarey
mickscarey

Stay there please. I LOVE the USA

People love the USA because most of them can't think about the greater good, and they have created their little comfort zones at the expense of others who live a life of hardship, and they protect that because the world would end for them if they couldn't drive their SUV's to shop for crap that gets crammed into their basements, never to see light of day again. Ah.....the American search for happiness. You oughta get out more.

Date: June 15, 2009 20:34

The Magic needed the heinlich maneuver in this series

Date: June 15, 2009 20:37

Why do people keep saying that Bryant is a punk? What has he done? He got caught cheating on his wife. Well,people didn't just start cheating on their wives during the last 15 years.

Why is there no hatred towards the 11th guy off of the Golden State Warriors bench or Miami Hurricanes bench ? They might be more of a punk but,like they say,it's lonely at the top. People are jealous of his money & talent. That's what it is.

Date: June 15, 2009 20:46

Thanks MK, couldn't have said it better....

BTW, a good site for last minute Buenos Aires info is [www.baexpats.com] . Like IORR, it's very active and full of people who know EVERYTHING about the subject at hand. Sounds like a kick ass trip, both places are great IMHO. I need to get a new trip together, been non mobile a bit too long. Anyway, Bon Voyage, Helter

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home