Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Charlie Watts - 100 Club on 13 June 2009
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 17, 2009 13:33

ryanpow
Now that THE PLEXIGLASS t shirt has been given to Charlie, this Elevates awarness of THE PLEXIGLASS Religion to new levels as it has gone from beyond the message board to an actual band member. A great moment.

Does this make Charlie the Plexiglass' Messiah ?

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: June 17, 2009 13:37

What a great gig, I really enjoyed it.

Chris Jagger was hiliarious, he effectively stole the show - obviously he must have been drinking a fair bit. Towards the end of the gig he was manically playing the washboard and spoons as can be seen in the photos. Then he jumped into the audience and started dancing and with a girl, but she looked a bit embarrassed and sat back down after a minute or two of twirling to the music. Chris then went off to find someone else to dance with, which is the girl seen in the photos. Later he danced alone on stage like a madman - I have to say I'm glad he was there, he made a great night even more fun! The band must have thought he was a nutter, the grin on Hamish's face said it all!

At the end of the gig the first girl Chris had danced with managed to persuade Charlie (via one of the sax players) to give her his drumsticks!!

I wonder what the chances of Charlie, Ben, Axel and co recording a CD?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-17 15:07 by WeLoveYou.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 17, 2009 21:00

Edith Grove
ryanpow
Now that THE PLEXIGLASS t shirt has been given to Charlie, this Elevates awarness of THE PLEXIGLASS Religion to new levels as it has gone from beyond the message board to an actual band member. A great moment.

Does this make Charlie the Plexiglass' Messiah ?

That is something that Needs to be seen. He does play an important Role , I see him as more of a proffit.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 18, 2009 15:37

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 18, 2009 23:36

Thanx for the pics!

Didn't read every post (if this has been mentioned before), but I'm really surprised seeing Charlie play on a kit with double-standtom!

I always liked this kind of drum-setup.

Copied it in early 70's from people like Faces' Kenny Jones or his disciple Jerry Shirley from H. Pie.
Over the last years this setup has become very hip (again).

But haven't seen Charlie doing it. Or did somebody else use this kit before?

As I've been critical of his live playin with the Stones lately, - I would have loved to see him playing these days from so close-by!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: June 19, 2009 00:55

A Stones Viking with Charlie at 100 Club:
[www.stonesvikings.com]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: June 19, 2009 01:04

I am soooo pleased that you all had such a great time
and that Charlie seems in very good form.
Thanks for the photos.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 20, 2009 04:54

That is a great foto, Vilhelm and Erik -- u and Charlie just kind of having a pic taken with relaxed looks on your faces, not smiling especially, no need to.

I am jealous as when I met Charlie it was by accident and never got a foto, had no camera with me.

Did anyone else get their fotos taken with Charlie as I was told it was rather packed and that he was a bit mobbed and therefore it was difficult to take any fotos with him -- ???

p

Posted by: indystone ()
Date: June 27, 2009 22:09

Finally home after an extended vacation. The highlight by far was shaking hands with Charlie and all the awesome pictures from that night.Great music and a great vibe in the club that night. As promised, a big hello to Darren from the Cotswalds.
Better late than never. Hope you made it home safely!

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1220
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home