Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
"Mick Jagger has done some loathsome things..."
Date: May 14, 2009 10:01

Well, that's the lead-in from Classic Rock, May 2009.

My apologies if this has been noted here before, but I just <finally> set up my scanner & am testing it out smiling bouncing smiley

Re: "Mick Jagger has done some loathsome things..."
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 14, 2009 10:59

Hey thanks a lot !
I don't always find UK or American magazines in my town .

I am always astound when I see Anita Pallenberg nowadays ...just to remind how beautiful she was before ....

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 14, 2009 11:23

Sway Stones essaye WH Smith rue de Rivoli à Paris 01 44 77 88 99 ils ont tous les principaux mags anglais y compris le très bon et classieux "Classic Rock"... (Rock'n Folk à côté c'est Pariscope) smoking smiley

P'têt qu'ils expédient en province si tu leur demandes gentiment winking smiley

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: May 14, 2009 14:58

Faithfull really starts getting on my nerves. She is permanently talking about ex-lovers, she actually benefitted from them. One will not find many articles about her that do not mention her time with the Stones. What a loudmouth she is. She has certainly done some "loathsome things" as well. She is completely living in the past.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 14, 2009 15:01

very good article.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 14, 2009 15:37

...what a life certainly...but get over it already...w/ every new record/tour more of the same old same old....the story is tired....who she shagged...who she didn't.....who done her wrong.....move on already.....what have you done lately and is it relevant?......

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: May 14, 2009 15:43

I don't have time to read the article right now, but just the header is annoying. Its as though she's putting the fault on everyone else for the problems she's had. I hope in the article she takes ownership for them, but I'm not very hopeful.

Date: May 14, 2009 15:48

Ok, I had to bite, I read the Keith one, the John one and the Jimi one.

She is SO full of herself it makes me want to vomit.

"obviously he saw me there, and he did this whole show to me". Jesus Christ - who speaks like that. Does she spend her whole life in the mirror?

It makes me like Mick, Keith, Anita and everyone else just a little bit less for liking her. I hate to think they're all like that too.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 14, 2009 15:52

Wow does Anita look...like Keith - ROUGH. Damn.

I get where that angle, the stop talking about the same old shit. But the magazines are obviously going for that. Probably because there's nothing else really interesting to talk about.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 14, 2009 17:00

CindyC
I don't have time to read the article right now, but just the header is annoying. Its as though she's putting the fault on everyone else for the problems she's had. I hope in the article she takes ownership for them, but I'm not very hopeful.

...exactly...what is the accountable version already?.....that might be a more interesting read....maybe...

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: May 14, 2009 17:18

I think the only reason why she is still somehow in the limelight is because she was with the Stones in the 60's and survived that and the next decade and the drugs. Her music is irrelevant. She's kind of an 60's icon and that's what people interested in. She can't really move on, even if she tries cause media's only interested in the ol' shit and not in her new music.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 14, 2009 17:27

Thanks for the article - I hadn't read that. Am I the only one?

I guess none of you ever talk about your "Glory Days". smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-14 17:33 by Elmo Lewis.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 14, 2009 18:21

One really has to take much of what MF says with a large grain of salt.

Date: May 14, 2009 18:26

as well as some Peptol-Bismol

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: May 14, 2009 18:36

There's a lot of ego in the article, in her book too. But she must have needed the ego to survive.

I don't imagine many people would be interested if she wrote about what she's up to these days. But the minute she mentions her Sixties Stones days, we all start listening (well at least I do).

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 14, 2009 18:59

Nice article indeed. It must have been so cool to be at the club show with Hendrix and quite
interesting to find out that Marianne would have picked Jimi had she not been with Jagger at the time.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: May 14, 2009 19:33

CindyC
"obviously he saw me there, and he did this whole show to me". Jesus Christ - who speaks like that.

This make me sad.

I guess I'll just take all those stories of the times Mick sang Angie while looking directly into my eyes and put them in a little drawer I no longer use.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 14, 2009 19:55

I wonder how on earth doing some "loathsome things" prevents one to make an autobiography - for god sake, Marianne has done two of them! (To an extent, Jagger seems to be a gentleman for not making use of his private life affairs to "reveal" things of someone else. Marianne, obviously, seems to lack that sort of class). Generally, there is that arrogant, double standard feature in Marianne I don't like: she thinks she is somehow "naturally" better than the rest. For example, I don't know if writing of giving head to David Bowie is a example of "being honest" or just showing tabloid-like poor taste.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-14 19:57 by Doxa.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: May 14, 2009 20:00

windmelody
Faithfull really starts getting on my nerves. She is permanently talking about ex-lovers, she actually benefitted from them. One will not find many articles about her that do not mention her time with the Stones. What a loudmouth she is. She has certainly done some "loathsome things" as well. She is completely living in the past.

To be fair to her on this one, it is a series Classic Rock does where the person is asked to talk specifically about the famous people they have known. I think the most recent one had Roger McGuinn. He talks about Dylan, Mick Ronson and others. I think Lemmy was also featured one month.
Of course you can blame her for taking the bait and doing the feature - but it is what it is. She was never going to be talking too much about her new album in this context.
BTW what she says about Keith is sweet, and rings true

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: May 14, 2009 20:19

Whoever's editing that magazine should be fired. I saw 3 grammatical errors/typo's on the first page alone. Shameful.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 14, 2009 20:19

dropping rj from the set

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 14, 2009 20:29

If there's one place where Marianne is not lacking, it's in the ego department - which also seems to be growing with age!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 14, 2009 21:29

I wonder what she means when she says Keith's taste in music is very "Catholic" ?

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: May 14, 2009 21:34

MF was on CBS's "Sunday Morning" recently. Here's a link to some pics, but I could not find the video interview:

[www.cbsnews.com]

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: May 14, 2009 23:27

It says Keith was sober during recording sing me back home for her album released November 2008 because Patti was ill. I didn't know that she was???

Posted by: kath51 ()
Date: May 14, 2009 23:44

is it just me or do we not know what loathsome things mick did?confused smiley

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: May 14, 2009 23:49

She might be using the word Catholic to mean Universal. The greek word it came from.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 15, 2009 00:22

The odd thing about Marianne's version of Jimi's interest in her didn't surface until after his death.

The actual truth is that Jimi did NOT pay a lot of attention to her because Mick and the Stones were his friends; they had been good to him. Jimi was quite aware of HER interest but not willing to start a "rumble."

It seems as though Marianne essentially thinks of herself as the only "fab chick" in London at that time. Anita was far more intelligent and interesting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-15 00:39 by stonesrule.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 15, 2009 00:57

Anita was far more intelligent and interesting.

Better looking too. And don't forget yourself, stonesrule!

Date: May 15, 2009 01:04

stonesrule
The odd thing about Marianne's version of Jimi's interest in her didn't surface until after his death.

The actual truth is that Jimi did NOT pay a lot of attention to her because Mick and the Stones were his friends; they had been good to him. Jimi was quite aware of HER interest but not willing to start a "rumble."

It seems as though Marianne essentially thinks of herself as the only "fab chick" in London at that time. Anita was far more intelligent and interesting.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Wicked burn!! Nice one, Stonesrule.
I agree about Anita.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1337
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home