Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: You guys want a rumour ? Exile + DVD + Announcement World Tour in October
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 10, 2009 18:52

ditto

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: May 10, 2009 22:38

If they add something to EOMS then it'll be the New Musical Express flexi disc song because that's genuine Stones owned music, yet to be released. No other record has something comparable. B-sides and mixes might be up to Rarities Vol. 2 which is not on their schedule.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 10, 2009 22:50

James Kirk
A tour behind a 37 year old album would offically make the Stones a nostalgia act.

as opposed to touring behind a greatest hits album or touring behind a studio album but not playing any songs from it?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 11, 2009 00:41

Gazza
James Kirk
A tour behind a 37 year old album would offically make the Stones a nostalgia act.

as opposed to touring behind a greatest hits album or touring behind a studio album but not playing any songs from it?

Or a setlist in which the newest song (Start Me Up) was 25 years old. That's pure Beach Boys and, yes, it's actually happened.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 11, 2009 01:56

If they tour behind Exile perhaps it'll give them a chance to dust off some never before played rarities from the album like "Tumblin Dice" and "Rocks Off" or maybe even "Happy"! This could be a good thing!!

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 11, 2009 04:24

Justin
If they tour behind Exile perhaps it'll give them a chance to dust off some never before played rarities from the album like "Tumblin Dice" and "Rocks Off" or maybe even "Happy"! This could be a good thing!!

Wrong. "Tumblin Dice" was played one or two times during the 1972 US tour, and in its embyonic version "Good Time Woman" at least once during one of the undocumented 1971 UK shows.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 11, 2009 11:22

Well, if they are going to tour "behind EXILE", I hope teh energy level will not so "high" as it was in 1994:

The lesson: the las vegas bands should leave the greatest rock and roll album ever done alone!!!!!

- Doxa

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 11, 2009 11:35

" or touring behind a studio album but not playing any songs from it?"

Not entirely true now is it?

"The lesson: the las vegas bands should leave the greatest rock and roll album ever done alone!!!!!"

Borrriiinnnggg!

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: May 11, 2009 13:45

actually the energy IS there..keith is playing beatifully on that video. the only thing is jagger that is singing an octave down, and it sounds that way

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 11, 2009 13:55

farawayeyes2
actually the energy IS there..keith is playing beatifully on that video. the only thing is jagger that is singing an octave down, and it sounds that way

In that case, I think that's the most hidden energy I ever seen...

What I see and hear is a band miming the song (and themselves), not really playing it. Honestly, I can not understand how on earth one can ever dare to compare this performance to the original... But like said many times, I am not a big fan of this vegas-incarnation, and this particular version of "Rocks Off" - one of my favourite Stones cuts ever - is an exaple how low can go in that chosen road... Question of a taste I guess.

- Doxa

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: May 11, 2009 14:23

i actually think rocks off is a very difficult song to sing for mick. a bit like it's only rock'n'roll, it was recorded in a wrong key for mick, too low to sing an octave down, and too high to sing an octave higher. In fact just like it's only rock'n'roll (that studio verion has an harmony vocal almost all over the song, and they never played live in that E key), on studio version Rocks Off has keith singing harmonies almost all over the tune to help out.

Date: May 11, 2009 14:41

ablett
" or touring behind a studio album but not playing any songs from it?"

Not entirely true now is it?

er..that actually was the case at the show I saw in Madrid (which was a good show nonetheless). And at some other shows in 2006-2007 as well.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 11, 2009 15:24

Say when did they announce the No Security tour of the US, which was essentially a winter arena tour? I'd thought that was in the fall....

Date: May 11, 2009 15:38

November 1998

However, they'd already committed to returning to the UK in June 1999 after having postponed the 4 stadium shows in June 1998 for tax reasons, so they were never just going to go into cold storage for 9 months after the 1998 tour ended in September. In the end, they played about 46 shows in North America and Europe between January and June 1999.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: May 11, 2009 17:06

Gotcha. Thanks Gazza.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: May 11, 2009 18:03

They would be the laughing stock of the music industry if they were to tour behind some type of "Exile" re-issue.

I'd rather see them just call it a day if they were going to attempt a project like this. The good news is I highly doubt there is any truth to this rumor at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-11 18:04 by James Kirk.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: May 11, 2009 22:17

They would only be the laughing stock of the industry if they couldnt pull it off. I don't think there is anything wrong with performing the greatest album ever (possibly!) in its entirety if they did it justice. That said - I know Jagger doesn't rate it as highly as the rest of us, so I cant see it happening. They will probably re-mix it horribly. I'll stick with my original double vinyl.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 11, 2009 22:23

James Kirk
They would be the laughing stock of the music industry if they were to tour behind some type of "Exile" re-issue.

quote]

You want a laughing stock? Ever heard of Britney Spears?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: StonesFanatic ()
Date: May 14, 2009 19:48

alimente
Justin

Wrong. "Tumblin Dice" was played one or two times during the 1972 US tour, and in its embyonic version "Good Time Woman" at least once during one of the undocumented 1971 UK shows.

Are you kidding? Tumbling Dice was played every night in '72 and '73 (where my Stones boots end), as were Rocks Off and Happy, and they were played loads even up to today...

Posted by: StonesFanatic ()
Date: May 14, 2009 19:50

I hope that either L&G or CSBlues are released on DVD, even though I have 'em both on boot. Or a SBD of a '72 show we don't already have...

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 14, 2009 20:16

StonesFanatic
alimente
Justin

Are you kidding? Tumbling Dice was played every night in '72 and '73 (where my Stones boots end), as were Rocks Off and Happy, and they were played loads even up to today...

Really? Uuuuuuuuuh, oh, uhmmmmm...if thats really true then of course I must be kidding...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 14, 2009 21:02

remixing exile to me is like tampering with the MONA LISA .it was done right the first time with the major exception if they throw in l&g and some rare and unreleased tracks on the cd .

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: May 14, 2009 21:13

I talked to Don Was 2 1/2 weeks ago after a charity show he performed at with Glenn Frey at the Roxy in Los Angeles. He told me he has been working on the Exile deluxe edition and indicated that it will include unreleased tracks. He said there's a lot of songs they are going through. Was indicated nothing about the deluxe edition including a DVD, but maybe he's not involved with that part of it.

We also talked about A Bigger Bang and he said he really tried to convince Mick and Keith to release it as a 12 song album. He also feels that from all the outtakes since he began working with them in 1993, that there's 2 albums worth a good material. Was didn't say it, but maybe they will compile a Tatto You like album out of that for future release and maybe a tour could come on the heels of that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-14 21:15 by Halup.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: May 14, 2009 21:17

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-21 21:31 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: May 14, 2009 21:44

If they tour again, and it will be something like playing a lot of songs of Exile, than I hope they will sound as dirty/filthy as that album.

The Stones sound too clean the last 20 years (allthough I actually liked the sound of the Steel Wheels/Flashpoint tour, but that was clean and mean, had a lot of power in their sound). The sound of Shine A Light comes close, but I like it more filthier or dirtier... the production is too clean, too much Las Vegas-sound.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 14, 2009 21:51

LieB
Mick did say in a recent interview that he'd love to release CS Blues. So maybe he isn't totally adverse to it.

can u provide the interview?

p

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 14, 2009 21:53

well, Van Morrison has reissued and toured, at least in a limited fashion, behind an early 70s album recently, Astral Weeks. He plays the entire album as well as other material.

Yes, maybe the Stones dont do things like that, but Van makes it at least conceivable.

p

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 14, 2009 21:54

Exile theme with Taylor as guest would be a nice day dream... smileys with beer

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 14, 2009 23:53

Halup
I talked to Don Was 2 1/2 weeks ago after a charity show he performed at with Glenn Frey at the Roxy in Los Angeles. He told me he has been working on the Exile deluxe edition and indicated that it will include unreleased tracks. He said there's a lot of songs they are going through.

Wasn't Travellin' Man the only song from the Exile sessions that didn't appeared on the album?
Do they really dare to split up a classic and untouchable album with a bunch of outtakes?

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 15, 2009 00:07

If it will be like this than great!

disc 1 - original album (from original tapes and not brickwalled)
disc 2 - alternate versions and outtakes
disc 3 - dvd

I believe it when I have it in my hands!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home