Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: What makes you a hardcore Stones fan?
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 10, 2009 22:44

NickB

Brought tears to my eyes. The passion of rock N roll. you nailed it BV

thumbs up

I saw the band for the 1 st time in concert almost 33 years ago.
The Stones are almost the only band that drives me crazy.
As I often say ,after all these years , my desire for the band is still here ;and pleasure too.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: rainhog ()
Date: April 10, 2009 23:21

what makes me a hardcore fan is that no matter what music I listen to,(blues,rock,metal,pop,etc.)I ALWAYS come back to the Rolling STones!!!
ALL ROADS LEAD BACK TO THE ROLLING STONES...ROCK AND ROLL!!

Date: April 11, 2009 02:03

Don't know if I'd always describe it here as chitter chatter since I've noticed on occasion bv has to go from webmaster to schoolmaster it seems grinning smiley
Maybe putting up with that makes me a hardcore Stones fan?
Nah... This quote from last Sunday's NY Times book review touches on it -

German was finally worn down, not by a sense of disillusionment, but by simple exhaustion. “How could I have known in 1978 that the Stones were in the early stage of their career?” he writes. And though he walked away with a smile on his face, he now confronts a challenge greater than earning that all-access V.I.P. pass — trying to start a real life at last, while still haunted by the feeling that “nothing you do will ever be as exciting as what you’ve done with them.”

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 11, 2009 06:09

So it's come to this. A genre for a fan? Piss off.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: April 11, 2009 14:18

So Skipstone you're a fan I guess of the Stones. I wasn't specifically trying to pidgeon hole fans by asking them what makes them hardcore. Don't throw your toys out of the pram.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: April 12, 2009 01:34

Tornandfrayed
Hey noob! You better lay off with the swear words and personal insults or your time here won´t be long.

Oh yeah? Well that suits me fine, so @#$%& you too.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 12, 2009 03:43

------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-12 03:43 by ryanpow.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 12, 2009 06:21

What makes me a hardcore Stones fan? Well, since I was 5 (in 1965) my older brother was playing them constantly and as he would not let me into his room to listen, I had to sit outside his door so I could hear and feel the grooves pulsating from within. Later, when I was older, I had to get an electric guitar so I could play the tunes I was hearing. To a young boy such as I was, Keith Richards was the penacle of what rock and roll guitar was all about and the combintation of him, Charlie and Bill were the very core of what the Stones' sound was. Certainly, Mick Jagger was and is an integral part of the what makes the Stones the Stones, as was Mick Taylor and Ronnie Wood, but as a guitarist it was the core, the heart of the band; Keith, Charlie and Bill, that drew me to them. It's a sound that can't be duplicated. The sound of Angel's wings beating...

Posted by: squando ()
Date: April 12, 2009 06:51

Simple for me - the music is just so bloody good.

And T&A I really will appreciate the day you get over being so impressed with yourself and your yawnful, throwaway comments.

I've been visiting here since 2001 and you are up there with Demon, Micks Brain, ronnie woody, jonny picilo and Debra as one of the most mind numbingly boring dolts to haunt ever these parts.

The last verse of Positively 4th Street springs to mind everytime I read your sinfully dull posts. Please go to sleep. And should you wake go have a disagreement with yourself as at least then you may have a chance of impressing the person with whom you are arguing - which would for the world make a nice change.

Hands up who hates Streets Of Love bahahaha blah blahdiblah!!!!!
Like anyone gives a crap.

Posted by: Muppet HiFi ()
Date: April 12, 2009 07:43

I reckon I'm not a "hardcore" Stones fan (compared to many peeps I've met and seen on message boards).

I have a few boots, studio and live, and always buy thier latest album (but not just any old "product"- I'm choosey, if I really want it or not).

I've had their entire catalogue several times over (vinyl, cassette, various CD incarnations), but don't care much for doodads and badges and many of the books (most seem to rehash the same old-same old or seem inacurate).

I've just never gotten tired of them since the late '60's; there's not one song on one album that I ever feel I want to skip over, even slow ones in party situations.

They've influenced and informed nearly every aspect of my musical taste and musical education; they are all (to me) interesting INDIVIDUAL players, with interesting individual takes on what might be considered old or old-fashioned musical forms.

They're also interesting people- I don't know if I'd want any of them in my living room, except Charlie, or Woody when he's moderately sober, but they're amusing, interesting icons who represent my entire life soundtrack from their first record and my first breath of life, to the present.

They never seem to disapoint (and I wish they bloody well would start, 'cause I'm tired of giving the buggers my money!!!).

Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: April 12, 2009 09:21

Their music is the soundtrack of my life.
When a new album is released I have to get it the first day it comes out.
I'm always waiting for the next album to come out, always wanting more.
When they tour it's not will I go, it's how many shows can I afford to go.
The feeling you get when the lights go out just before they go on stage..........
No matter what cd you pop in, no matter how many times you've heard it, it still gives you a rush.
They don't have any bad songs/albums, some are just more enjoyable then others.

It's so very lonely, you're 2,000 Light Years from home

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 12, 2009 12:04

I keep hearing that New York Dolls song ..... (There's Gonna Be A) Showdown ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 12, 2009 12:16

No comment.

Date: April 12, 2009 12:36

Still hearin' it........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 12, 2009 15:45

Tornandfrayed

Hey noob! You better lay off with the swear words and personal insults or your time here won´t be long.

Just as every cop is a criminal,and all the sinners are saints.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 12, 2009 16:22

The music!!.... and that it comes from some very interesting talented characters who are propelled by a love of music, and later a lifestyle that added much more to their music. I can easily think of the Stones as the only Rock'n'Roll band there ever was, and all the rest are wannabe's....faraway wannabe's.

Posted by: oldbarbarian78 ()
Date: April 12, 2009 18:42

I love the ying and yang of Mick and Keith. Sexy, controversial, and dangerous (at least back in the day).

And then of course there's Charlie's swing.................

Posted by: Muppet HiFi ()
Date: April 12, 2009 19:32

Rockman
I keep hearing that New York Dolls song ..... (There's Gonna Be A) Showdown ...
It's actually an Archie Bell & the Drells thingy, but yeah, I love the Dolls version; was just listening to their Planet Studio '73 sessions, and on "Showdown" they don't finish the song 'cause Johnny Thunders breaks out in a laughing fit for some reason! Great stuff!

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: April 13, 2009 00:51

i love the stones and dont really care if someone considers a hardcore fan or not.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 13, 2009 04:09

Well, I've traveled thousands of miles and put up some big bucks to see the Stones,
but most of my friends just call me crazy.

Never really been called "hardcore."

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 13, 2009 17:42

squando

And T&A I really will appreciate the day you get over being so impressed with yourself and your yawnful, throwaway comments.

do you think we could have maybe a party to celebrate or something? i could get into that.

cheers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-13 17:49 by T&A.

Date: April 13, 2009 17:47

Chris Fountain
T & A

No offense, but you have averted this question more than Tony Soprano dodging a search warrant. What gives?? LOL

this question? the one about being a hardcore? well...i don't even know if i am a hardcore....is there a test or an application for it?

i think it's a little bit crazy to seek out even the crappiest sounding recordings of a 1972 show just to hear another version of ycagwyw or bbj - does that qualify me?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 13, 2009 20:52

my candycane is hard dripping honey right thru your door that's why they call me sweet papa john

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: April 13, 2009 23:34

I can't help it, it's in my blood

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 13, 2009 23:47

T&A
Chris Fountain
T & A

No offense, but you have averted this question more than Tony Soprano dodging a search warrant. What gives?? LOL

this question? the one about being a hardcore? well...i don't even know if i am a hardcore....is there a test or an application for it?

i think it's a little bit crazy to seek out even the crappiest sounding recordings of a 1972 show just to hear another version of ycagwyw or bbj - does that qualify me?

7,976 posts may label you as "hardcore". However, I agree that "hardcore" is a poor choice of words to describe a fan, especially when overexposed to warhorses.

Date: April 13, 2009 23:50

hmmm...

let's try out some others:

wartorned?

hardhorsed?

....we need a better word...we deserve it....

Date: April 14, 2009 01:00

It's actually an Archie Bell & the Drells thingy

....yep yep correct but most wouldn't recognize that one ..Like who
would ya put for Blue Eyes Cryin In The Rain ... Elton Britt or Willie Nelson???

ROCKMAN

Posted by: squando ()
Date: April 14, 2009 04:06

Well if your last two posts don't prove my point little else will. I would expect nothing more than "do you think we could have maybe a party to celebrate or something? i could get into that".

Sad that it really is the best you can do and you feel it's good enough for you to post for other's viewing pain.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 14, 2009 04:20

squando
Well if your last two posts don't prove my point little else will. I would expect nothing more than "do you think we could have maybe a party to celebrate or something? i could get into that".

Sad that it really is the best you can do and you feel it's good enough for you to post for other's viewing pain.

thanks for your valuable contributions here, tonto...er, squando. we really need more of your insightful input.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: April 14, 2009 11:51

Just one way to show my passion

[riffbuk.blogspot.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1796
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home