Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: What makes you a hardcore Stones fan?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 14, 2009 18:02

T&A
hmmm...

let's try out some others:

wartorned?

hardhorsed?

....we need a better word...we deserve it....
man you are one of the best parts of this forum . reading your posts always brighten my day !!!!!!!!!!! one more thought people should stop HATING on T&A .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-14 18:04 by The Greek.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 14, 2009 18:52

Riffbuk
Just one way to show my passion

[riffbuk.blogspot.com]

Riffbuk,
That's one helluva an impressive collection!!

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: April 15, 2009 11:20

Thank you VoodooLounge13 !!
Its one of my prides.It took me two years to put it together.
If you interessed in trade in the future, let me know!

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: April 15, 2009 14:24

How to begin...dropped the Beatles in 1965, when I first heard Satisfaction, spent every penny of my 0.25 cent a week allowance on Stones records...ha...back then it took me THREE WEEKS TO BUY ONE 7" single...

Wore out and replaced more Stones vinyl between 1969 and 1975 (especially Ya Yas, Exile, Beggars and Bleed), than most people own NOW....continued to collect until I had about 2000 records in 1981....then sold them at college to pay for Grad School, which I didnt finish because of my certain Keith-like habits...like playing rock and roll every day for MANY years...

been to hundreds of shows since 1975...

Anything else? Oh yeah, Started to collect again in 1988, once I move to the DC area--- spent about half of my adult life since, collecting Stones records, tapes, cds, video, DVDs and other formats; also collecting posters, books, magazines, etc...

in the old days (pre computers)-- going to EVERY local and sometimes remote record shows, hours and hours scouring the miniscule print of Goldmine & Record Collector magazines, endless searching of used record shops, writing letters to all corners of the globe, phone calls to other collectors, trades, buying and selling....

then, the computer age comes along...hours a day searching, searching, searching ebay and other sites, writing articles for fanzines-mostly Basement News, working on the UK and USA Stones discography for about 10 years....

I get tired just thinking about it...but wouldn't have done it any other way......Long Live the Stones...and the way I am going, they will probably outlive me...I need a drink...

JR

Posted by: squando ()
Date: April 15, 2009 14:42

oh god there's more of them...."tonto"......please give up your day job assuming you have one and get to Sat Nite Live quick.

You're a riot.

stone-relics - Great post. Why did you drop the Beatles. I love them and the Stones equally (I think as it can change very slightly at times). Did you ever get back into them once your Stones obsession began?

Date: April 15, 2009 14:45

squando
oh god there's more of them...."tonto"......please give up your day job assuming you have one and get to Sat Nite Live quick.

You're a riot.

stone-relics - Great post. Why did you drop the Beatles. I love them and the Stones equally (I think as it can change very slightly at times). Did you ever get back into them once your Stones obsession began?

Actually, I chose a bad term. I didnt really drop the Beatles, as I still have a complete set of their records, but I dont collect them the way I collect the Stones...I have spent so much on my Stones Vinyl collection, there is no way I could have kept up a similar collection of Rare Beatles records. The way I collect, is sick...I try to get EVERY VARIATION OF EVERY RECORD....No way I could pull it off with the Beatles....

Good point though.

JR

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: April 15, 2009 14:48

IMHO Sones-relic is the ultimate Stones fan. Unbelievable collection!! You must have a patient wife???

Date: April 15, 2009 14:50

Thanks, Mate...but, Really, we are all pretty much hard core fans...I liked it when some one said, you know you are hard core, when, if people you know hear anything about the Stones, they think of you....

Rock on to everyone here.

JR

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1583
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home