Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Should Mick, Keith and cie be inducted in the R&R hallof fame?
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: April 5, 2009 23:14

Mick Jagger released his first solo album in 1985. In 2010 he will be eligible to be inducted in the R&R Hall of fame. He'll need to be chosen by the group of persons who decide that matter. Do you think Mick,Keith, Ron, Bill,Mick Taylor should be inducted in the Hall of Fame in regard of their solo efforts. I believe that as solo artists they have not done enough to be rewarded that honor. Although I appreciate their solo careers,it's very similar to what they do with the Stones. As solo artists they haven't pushed any boundaries.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Re: Should Mick, Keith and cie be inducted in the R&R hallof fame?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 5, 2009 23:18

Perhaps I'm missing the obvious, what is "cie?"

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 5, 2009 23:28

No.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 5, 2009 23:53

I say none of them should get in as solo acts IMO, the body of work just is not there, although i have a funny feeling mick jagger may get in someday

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-06 00:10 by melillo.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 7, 2009 00:43

They have not earned their place in the R&R hall of fame as solo artists.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 7, 2009 00:46

There should be a Rock'n'Roll Hall of Shame - GITD and Primitive Cool were be first-ballot shoo-ins

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 7, 2009 00:50

did we figure out what cie stands for because I still don't know.

Date: April 7, 2009 00:51

we did - but we're not telling you

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 7, 2009 00:53

ok - that sounds fair.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 7, 2009 00:56

Edith Grove, check your French dictionary 'cos I know you know...after all you, too, are a man of wealth and taste.

Date: April 7, 2009 00:56

just try to figure it from inference or context...if that doesn't work, just ignore it...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 7, 2009 01:01

No.

Mick, Keith and co have already being inducted as The Rolling Strones. Their individual genuis, imo, is only realised as a unit. None of them are worthy to stand alone and receive such an acolade.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 7, 2009 05:21

stonesrule
Edith Grove, check your French dictionary 'cos I know you know...after all you, too, are a man of wealth and taste.

Well, anyone hangin' here has got to have good taste, but wealth? grinning smiley

Posted by: Muppet HiFi ()
Date: April 7, 2009 05:33

Nah.

When Johnny Thunders gets in, then individual Stones can.

Except Charlie- he should be inducted immidiately (obviously).

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: April 7, 2009 06:42

rollmops
Mick Jagger released his first solo album in 1985. In 2010 he will be eligible to be inducted in the R&R Hall of fame. He'll need to be chosen by the group of persons who decide that matter. Do you think Mick,Keith, Ron, Bill,Mick Taylor should be inducted in the Hall of Fame in regard of their solo efforts. I believe that as solo artists they have not done enough to be rewarded that honor. Although I appreciate their solo careers,it's very similar to what they do with the Stones. As solo artists they haven't pushed any boundaries.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

I can't believe anyone would even ask this question. Except for Keef's two albums, Stones solo work is pretty lame and not widely appreciated.

Let's change the focus to a question worth asking: why aren't the Small Faces and Faces in there? Is the RnRHoF so America-centric that the Small Faces aren't considered worthy, notwithstanding their great records and massive success elsewhere? Are the Faces just regarded as charming also-rans?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 7, 2009 06:49

Well you can claim it is America-centric, but Iggy and The Stooges haven't been admitted! And Madonna has been!!! GO FIGURE!

Date: April 7, 2009 07:17

whitem8
Well you can claim it is America-centric, but Iggy and The Stooges haven't been admitted! And Madonna has been!!! GO FIGURE!

The RnF HoF is a totally America-centric popularity contest that doesn't have much to do with artistic merit. If you're not big in the States, you ain't getting into the RnRHoF.

As far as the Stooges being left in the cold, while that daft twit Madonna gets in, there's very little to figure. To begin with, they're both American as the automobile. But, apart from the proverbial Cult of the Stooges (see the Bomp outtakes sets), the Stooges were never fully appreciated in their homeland until they reunited a few years ago. Iggy has always had a far larger fan base in Europe. He plays clubs in the States and 8,000-seaters in Europe. Madonna, on the other hand, has been huge in America for decades. That's why she's in, and my beloved Stooges aren't.

Date: April 7, 2009 07:53

Something's rotten in Detroit.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 7, 2009 08:08

Well it is ridiculous none the less, Madonna is NOT ROCK AND ROLL! Iggy personafies rock. When she was admitted any semblance of itnerest I had with the Hall of Fame vanished in a ray of light. Ha! Was at least cool she got Iggy to perform at her induction and he did Ray of Light...But I loath her music.
But the museum is fantastic!

Date: April 7, 2009 08:25

Madonna's prettier than Iggy though.

Date: April 7, 2009 10:13

I'm no fan of Ms. Ciccone. I wouldn't induct her in a million years because she makes disco music that has nothing to do with rock 'n' roll. But I can also see where others might think she belongs (up from humble origins, more image changes than Bowie, longevity, etc). Moreover, from seeing who gets inducted into the RnRHoF since its inception, I get a reasonable sense of how the folks who run the place operate.

Personally, I won't go to Cleveland until the Stooges are enshrined. Any Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame that doesn't include the Stooges isn't worth my dime.

Date: April 7, 2009 10:28

The New York Dolls ought (not necessarily DESERVE, but by American-centric influence values, I see more justification) to be inducted before the Stooges, in my opinion.

I'm not a fan of Madonna's (though I do sort of like a couple songs here and there, and think she's smart, tough, sexy, and-yes-talented),but I can fully understand why she'd be inducted before the Stooges.

Why the Stooges haven't been so far doesn't suprise me either (even though they're one of the top 10 greatest American r n' r bands ever, in my opinion).

Posted by: Mr.Ed ()
Date: April 7, 2009 10:38

NO for Mick J.
NO for Keith
NO for Charlie
NO for Bill
NO for Brian
NO for Stu
NO for Mick T.
NO for Ronnie

Mr.Ed

Date: April 7, 2009 10:45

NO

Posted by: GNAT ()
Date: April 7, 2009 10:51

Here is a link to cie. Haven't heard much of their music, so I don't really know if they deserve to be in the HOF or not.

[www.cie.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-07 12:08 by GNAT.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: April 7, 2009 12:05

honestly the only one who should get in is ronnie

Posted by: GNAT ()
Date: April 7, 2009 12:08

I agree.

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: April 7, 2009 14:05

... Nót Ronnie... Mick T.!! hot smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 7, 2009 14:26

whitem8
Well it is ridiculous none the less, Madonna is NOT ROCK AND ROLL! !

Neither are most of the acts in it, to be fair - people take the name a bit too literally at times.

Its a popular music hall of fame acknowledging people (performers and non performers) who have shaped the music industry in a major way - it would be a bit of a stretch to call Billie Holliday, Hank Williams, Louis Armstrong and most of the countless Motown acts who are members as 'rock n roll' yet no one seems to object to their inclusion. And rightly so. Madonna was inducted at the same time as Leonard Cohen - I'm a big Cohen fan but I dont consider him any more a 'rock n roll' act than Madonna is.

Madonna has been hugely successful for over a quarter of a century, has sold hundreds of millions of records, is a global icon and is quite possibly the most recognisable music star on the planet. Regardless of one's personal taste regarding her or her music, there's no question that if there should be a hall of fame honouring the music industry, she should be in it.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: April 7, 2009 14:31

ghostryder13
honestly the only one who should get in is ronnie

lol

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1619
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home