Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Play with fire (Great rehearsal version)
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: April 8, 2009 12:01

It was rehearsals at Foxboro Stadium 9-29-89
(Still Wheels)

I'm not sure if this is true , does anyone know?

IF YOU DOUBLE CLICK ON THE SCREEN IT WILL PLAY!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-08 12:07 by pgarof.

Re: Play with fire (Great rehearsal version)
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 8, 2009 12:32

I 've got this bootleg where the band opened up a session of mid-tour rehearsals during the Steel Wheels tour to 200 lucky fans .Mick Jagger seemd to be even a bit looser and crazier than he usually is live (check out the over-the-top vocal on “Miss You”).

I have to check out if it's the same version of Play With Fire you've posted bellow.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 8, 2009 12:53

Yes ,your Play With Fire version is the one on the bootleg I was talking about.
Jagger is very thanksful ans talks a lot between songs .
I love this PWF version too.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 8, 2009 17:58

..vry nice version...thx!

Posted by: bardo_b ()
Date: April 8, 2009 19:43

nice stuff, thank you

ciao

bardo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..five strings, three notes, two fingers, one @#$%&..

take a look at my RS tribute band:
[www.stickyfingers.it]

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 8, 2009 19:45

uuh . , already gone . .!

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: April 8, 2009 20:31

So, was this part of the Punisher soundtrack or clips just used here?
Love this version of PWF, great !!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 8, 2009 22:04

CousinC
uuh . , already gone . .!

go back to the original post....look for the triangle in the right hand lower corner of the you tube post..click it and then click on the little screen that pops up...that will pop up the url....copy and paste adrress and it'll take you to the you tube page...and there you go.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 9, 2009 11:25

It sounds nice when it is just Jagger - and his human face, the laugh I mean - and the guitar, but when the Las Vegas Orchestra hits there, it turns HORRIBLE! That is what I call a musical rape.

This is a school case of the way they approach their old songs. Copy them like a cover band with Las Vegas touch. Maybe it felt fresh and alright in 1989, but what was not then known was that they were setting the model for the years to come.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-09 11:31 by Doxa.

Date: April 9, 2009 19:30

Doxa
It sounds nice when it is just Jagger - and his human face, the laugh I mean - and the guitar, but when the Las Vegas Orchestra hits there, it turns HORRIBLE! That is what I call a musical rape.

This is a school case of the way they approach their old songs. Copy them like a cover band with Las Vegas touch. Maybe it felt fresh and alright in 1989, but what was not then known was that they were setting the model for the years to come.

- Doxa

I've just listened to it again and i can't really see what you mean about the Vegas touch.To me this is The Stones in 1989, I still think it's great and love the sound!!

Do you not like the modern sound of any of the Stones songs , live or Studio?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 9, 2009 19:33

Doxa

- Doxa

i agree. 89 was a watershed tour in many ways. kinda sold their souls to the devil...or something....

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 9, 2009 19:59

T&A
Doxa

- Doxa

i agree. 89 was a watershed tour in many ways. kinda sold their souls to the devil...or something....

I agree with both twitters LOL...This is a song that played in concert should not vary from the studio version. And the 89 tour?? What made that tour unfavorable was the extended plays of JJF, BS, SFD and HTW (with undesirable inflatable doll). Four songs taking nearly 40 minutes of the concert...unbearable.

Date: April 9, 2009 20:19

Chris Fountain
T&A
Doxa

- Doxa

I agree with both twitters LOL...This is a song that played in concert should not vary from the studio version. And the 89 tour?? What made that tour unfavorable was the extended plays of JJF, BS, SFD and HTW (with undesirable inflatable doll). Four songs taking nearly 40 minutes of the concert...unbearable.

Don't know what Stones concerts you have all been going to but I went to the 89 - 90 tour and thought the stage show Brilliant! they really know how to entertain a large crown using all these effects. they have had to do this to move with the times, people expect more from a concert now. Just imagine if things had not have moved on, remember The Beatles at She Stadium, just a small stage and a few speakers, is this how we want to see modern bands? No i don't think so.

The Stones have been able to give us great visual entertainent and still come up with the goods musically. All this Vagas talk is just a load of rubbish, they can still kick @** in a small theatre, arena and on the large Stadium stage with all the effects, I can't wait for the next tour to see what they'll do next, I suggest if you don't like what they do now then don't go and see them just to moan.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 9, 2009 20:28

No offense pgarof,

The type of venue is not the point of this discussion. It's a matter of how certain songs are played in concert. Sometimes simplicity equates brilliance.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1466
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home