Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Marianne on Letterman tonight
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 31, 2009 17:09

Just saw the listing. Don't know if if it's new or a repeat.

Re: Marianne on Letterman tonight
Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: March 31, 2009 17:58

it doesnt matter she'll say the same things shes been saying for 40 years anyway...

OLDKR

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 31, 2009 18:06

oldkr
it doesnt matter she'll say the same things shes been saying for 40 years anyway...

OLDKR

Keith - how come you love her so much??? You must be her #1 fan.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 31, 2009 18:22

this is a new show for letterman .i will be watching

Posted by: 5string ()
Date: April 1, 2009 09:11

Well--she was ok. The Bill O'Reilly song and dance was better! smileys with beer

Date: April 1, 2009 09:15

The house band played some interesting stuff!!! I was semi-shocked to hear Bitch and Get Off Of My Cloud. Then they did Tumblin Dice and As Tears Go By. A bit kinder and more appropriate imho.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 1, 2009 12:38

She was on the Alan Titchmarsh afternoon show here in the UK.I use to really like her and her songs.But I was very disaponted.She came across as quite arrogant and was clearly still living off her association with the Rolling Stones.And her singing was awful.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: April 1, 2009 14:23

Wow, so many stones songs played for someone who with by now a association from a long time ago.
But on the other hand, i get the feeling that they play a lot of stones songs on the Letterman program.
Did Letterman had any problems with the stones or vice versa? I remember that there was something going on there.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 1, 2009 16:59

.......I thought she sounded great....her band was tight.......very nice.....

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 1, 2009 17:34

Great band, nice arrangement, terrible vocals!! I could only understand every third word! She looked pretty good though!

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: April 1, 2009 17:56

Was she singing in english?
GREAT BAND!

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: April 1, 2009 18:25

check out her new album Easy Come Easy Go!!! IMO her best album.

[www.paulinestroosnijder.com]

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 1, 2009 19:33

...I think Crane Wife which she performed on Letterman is nice and her duet w/ Keith Sing Me back Home is sweet...otherwise.....I dunno.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 1, 2009 20:19

Wonderful performance by Marianne. She has charisma and character all the way through - and all can be haerd in her "funny voice" (to quote Dylan). Glad to see she is in such a great form.

- Doxa

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: April 1, 2009 20:37

...if by "funny voice" you mean difficult to understand then yes, it was funny. Is she singing, "I will hang glide, hang glide real low?" Weird.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 1, 2009 20:46

she was lame .past her expiration date .

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: April 1, 2009 21:37

talentless wheezing old windbag.

I'm glad she appears to be finally exhibitng the fact that shes a fraud founded on a fling and some smart marketing nearly half a century old.

OLDKR

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 1, 2009 22:30

Can't help myself. I just love her music. And the juf is right about the Easy Come Easy Go album.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: April 2, 2009 02:41

>so many stones songs played for someone who with by now a association from a long time ago.

Keith's on her new album so the association is not long ago at all.

Date: April 2, 2009 02:42

I turned the tv of after two minutes, It didn't do anything for me. The Bill O"Reilly interview was fun though!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 2, 2009 02:48

good band (is that Ribot on guitar?)...her vox are as good as they can be expected at this point. but a tuneless, nothing of a song....

Date: April 2, 2009 03:00

Yup--it was "knockin on heaven's door" only a bit faster with different words. That acoustic player must need surgery!

Date: April 2, 2009 03:26

The house band also played Live with me after Bill O'Reilly so that's five stones songs in one night.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 2, 2009 03:30

I loved her performance,and considering all that she has gone thru she still looks good.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: April 2, 2009 03:52

Is she singing in Swedish or something? I couldn't understand a word.

I always thought it was funny that Faithful claimed Jagger was "middle class" as if it was an insult. And here she is living off his reputation 40 years after she was his boyfriend. A musical leach, in other words.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: April 3, 2009 23:30

5string
Yup--it was "knockin on heaven's door" only a bit faster with different words. That acoustic player must need surgery!

WOW, good ear 5

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: April 4, 2009 03:06

Speaking of Marianne, does anyone know what happened to the great live version on YouTube from 1999 of Dreaming My Dreams? If someone has it, would you be kind enough to post?

Date: April 4, 2009 04:02

Too much Botox and makeup.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: April 4, 2009 16:08

Pietro
Is she singing in Swedish or something? I couldn't understand a word.

It has taken a while but Ms Faithfull has finally mastered the Swedish language...

On 2nd listen I believe this was a cover of the song "The Crane Wife", from the Decemberists. It's written by their lead singer Colin Patrick Melo

And under the boughs unbowed- All clothed in the snowy shroud- She had no heart so hardened- All under the boughs unbowed

Each feather, it fell from skin- ‘Til thread bare while she grew thin- How were my eyes so blinded ?- Each feather, it fell from skin

And I will hang my head- Hang my head low- And I will hang my head- Hang my head low

A gray sky, of bitter sting- A rain cloud, would fall on me- All out beyond horizon- A gray sky, a bitter sting

And I will hang my head- Hang my head low- And I will hang my head- Hang my head low

And I will hang my head- Hang my head low- And I will hang my head- Hang my head low, low, low

And under the boughs unbowed- All holding a snowy shroud- She had no heart, so hardened- All under the boughs unbowed

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-04 16:20 by Lightnin'.

Date: April 4, 2009 23:31

Some of you must have one of those tricked-out high-def, massive size TV screens. I thought she looked good! .... Let's see a photo of you after the same experiences/lifestyle and at that age!
Ah, perhaps not.
As for her singing, to me she sounded better than when I heard her live in the '90s. And since when are most bands' singing crystal clear?
Her ties to the Stones are pretty much indelible. She is (or her 'people' are) playing the publicity card they find best to generate attn/money. Stop being so hard on her.
Dave is clearly a big fan. Pity they didn't have time to chat much. Perhaps he took her out to dinner afterward... Or maybe will bring her back for another show.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2223
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home