Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Mick Taylor North American Dates
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 27, 2009 23:55

tatters

Amsterdamned
If you all don't get it:He retired 35 years ago and plays for fun and his love for music.
He's not interested in making money or stealing the show anymore.

Sorry. I didn't realize he plays for free. If that's the case, I guess he can just do whatever he wants and it'll be okay by me.

He doesn't play for free I suppose,just some extra $$$... but he retired ...cool smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 28, 2009 15:37

Amsterdamned
tatters

Amsterdamned
If you all don't get it:He retired 35 years ago and plays for fun and his love for music.

Sorry. I didn't realize he plays for free. If that's the case, I guess he can just do whatever he wants and it'll be okay by me.

He doesn't play for free I suppose,just some extra $$$... but he retired ...cool smiley

If he's touring, he's working, and if he's working, he's not retired. He's even scheduled his US dates to coincide with the re-release of the Stones albums he played on, in the hopes that the remasters will generate some interest his tour.

Date: March 28, 2009 19:34

tatters
Amsterdamned
tatters

Amsterdamned

If he's touring, he's working, and if he's working, he's not retired. He's even scheduled his US dates to coincide with the re-release of the Stones albums he played on, in the hopes that the remasters will generate some interest his tour.

I'am a huge Taylorfan,but playing the same setlist for 35 years..You see?

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: March 28, 2009 20:27

Amsterdamned
tatters
Amsterdamned
tatters

Amsterdamned

Boy, how many prior quotes can fit into one posting??

Date: March 29, 2009 15:38

HalfNanker
Amsterdamned
tatters
Amsterdamned
tatters

Amsterdamned

Let's see. Taylor's album from the year 2000 brought some more diversity to his live shows. I suppose that he could stand to release another new studio album.

Date: March 29, 2009 17:13

HalfNanker
Amsterdamned
tatters
Amsterdamned
tatters

Amsterdamned

Well, we are all parrots after all.Does that answer satisfy you?

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 30, 2009 17:04

Does anyone have any idea as to when tix will go on sale here in the US? I check every day.

Date: March 31, 2009 02:12

Going by the first post in this thread,he will cram nearly the entire North American tour into a two week time span without a break. Is this common or is there a chance that some more of those concerts will end up happening in August when it's all official ?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 31, 2009 04:19

what kind of a living does mick make, just curious if there is any estimate what so ever

Posted by: izzyanderson ()
Date: March 31, 2009 04:33

I think Mick Taylor is a great guitarist, but what's up with the video on the first page? It seems like he's a shell of his former self, doesn't it? Has he had a stroke? mental problems? I don't mean to talk shit about him, but judging by that video it just seems like his heart isn't in it, especially at the 3:34 mark of the video, he's struggling to play the lines.

Date: March 31, 2009 04:40

yes i agree he is just going through the motions, how good would he be in the stones now anyway? we would probably be saying the same things we say about woody

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 31, 2009 05:29

melillo
yes i agree he is just going through the motions, how good would he be in the stones now anyway? we would probably be saying the same things we say about woody

In other words....He'd fit right in.yawning smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: March 31, 2009 06:32

well he wouldnt fit into mick jaggers pants thats for sure

Date: April 3, 2009 13:26

Does anyone have a website or can clarify the venue in Sellersville, PA on 7/28?

I tried to do a google search for 1894 Philadelphia Market, but the only thing that comes up is Sellersville Theatre 1894. They don't list his date on their website (however Satisfaction the RS cover band is playing around that time). I have a feeling this might be the venue, but want to be sure.

I would consider going to see him, I haven't seen him since 99 at the Trocodero Club in Philadelphia. I did enjoy that show.

Any help appreciated.

Posted by: Silver Star ()
Date: April 6, 2009 07:36

I am just stoked that he is headed back to the states. Would love to seem him out west, though.

How 'bout a new thread "The Ultimate Mick Taylor Set List"

I'd kill for an MT version of Moonlight Mile

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 6, 2009 07:41

Is M.T. afraid of the West coast?

Come on Mick, it's beautiful out here!

Date: April 6, 2009 20:50

@#$%&
I think Mick Taylor is a great guitarist, but what's up with the video on the first page? It seems like he's a shell of his former self, doesn't it? Has he had a stroke? mental problems? I don't mean to talk shit about him, but judging by that video it just seems like his heart isn't in it, especially at the 3:34 mark of the video, he's struggling to play the lines.

Agree..I'm not qualified to say so but it looks like he is on valium or whatever..

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: April 6, 2009 22:41

Guys,

That video was from a couple of years ago when he was sick as a dog with the Flu
but played anyway - Give him a few weeks to get back in the swing of things and
there's a chance you get your money's worth if you catch him on the right night!!

MLC

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 6, 2009 23:14

HMMMM! I'm on Valium so maybe I look like that(too bad it dont make me play like that-I would be happy).

Posted by: MickTaylorfan1 ()
Date: April 11, 2009 20:30

Hey all
I have heard rumours about a new MT album in june. I´m very sceptic though because it was also rumours about january this year and that didnt happen sad smiley
I havent seen him live yet, I sure hopes he comes to sweden sometime this year. But I cant stand him playing cant you hear me knocking and blind willie mc tell. As someone said, we should start a "Mick Taylor setlist" with our own choices winking smiley

Date: April 11, 2009 20:38

still not listed on bb kings site, whats up with that is he playing there or not?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 11, 2009 20:45

Well Taylor's site hasn't been updated since March 1st. So no new official news.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: MickTaylorfan1 ()
Date: April 12, 2009 00:05

I´m a member of a mailinglist about him... maybe someone else here is too? If not, I will try to bring information whenever I get some smiling smiley

Date: April 12, 2009 00:54

man the ramshead venue in annapolis is TINY!!!!!!!!! Probably seats about 200 maximum...its a seated venue which I hate but its real intimate...

unless there is some really compelling reason i will be there

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: April 12, 2009 01:46

melillo
well he wouldnt fit into mick jaggers pants thats for sure

On the other hand all of the remaining Stones, Charlie, Keith and Mick would all probably fit at the same time in Taylor's pants.

Loved the guys playing in the early 70's. So fluid, lyrical, really great stuff!

Recent years you see reports of live shows and they are less than scintillating to say the least.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 12, 2009 16:09

melillo
still not listed on bb kings site, whats up with that is he playing there or not?

A quick Ticketmaster check shows no information at all about any Mick Taylor tour dates.

Date: May 4, 2009 18:46

I see the Sellersville, PA show has now been officially announced. Tickets are offered through the theater (so that might be why ticketmaster is not showing any tickets). $39.50 and $50 (ouch!) I am thinking of going, anyone else headed to this show?

Date: May 14, 2009 16:14

Headed to NYC myself - can't beat it. $75 for 2 tickets......man even my first Stones show wasn't that cheap. In fact, it was $75 for one ticket!! LOL

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: May 14, 2009 20:56

VoodooLounge13
Headed to NYC myself - can't beat it. $75 for 2 tickets......man even my first Stones show wasn't that cheap. In fact, it was $75 for one ticket!! LOL

I will be there with you. I am very surprised by the $26 face value of the tickets. Just for comparison I checked the other US dates and I think NYC has the cheapest tickets! Of course, when ticketmaster is done there are THREE additonal charges (facility, convenience(!) and processing) bringing the total up to about $38.85 and that is with "free standard mail" shipping.

What the hell is a "facility fee?" and for whose conveneince am I paying???

Regardless, I am looking forward to the show!

Date: May 14, 2009 21:27

Yeah, all their fees annoy the hell outta me too. I'd originally though hey this is gonna be one cheap show, but then you add all that in.......Hell, it's still cheap!!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1576
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home