Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Any info on this Beatles LP Bootleg???
Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: February 20, 2009 17:29

I just bought an vinyl lp boot of the beatles called "The Beatles Broadcasts"
It's dated 1980, made by Circuit Records LTD. Cat no. LK4450 and contains 18 tracks recorded for the BBC.

It's in fantastic condition and cost me £10 GBP which is pretty fair I think.

Is there anything special about this record? Is it Worth anything?

Was the material new at the time or is it just a rehash of aleady available recordings?? Are all these tracks now available on the official BBC release?

Re: OT: Any info on this Beatles LP Bootleg???
Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: February 20, 2009 18:37

The material might have been new at the time to the bootleg world...without knowing the tracks/dates, can't be sure if they're on the official release or not (The Beatles did a ton of appearances on various BBC shows, amassing several different versions of the same songs in some cases).

I remember a radio special in 1982 called "The Beatles at the Beeb" which featured many tracks that ended up on the official release...maybe this boot came out around then, instead of 1980 (just guessing).

Jah

Date: February 20, 2009 21:16

The Live at The BBC album contains a much greater number of tracks. To be honest I wouldn't bother looking eyond the official album for the BBC stuff.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 21, 2009 02:45

The Beatles at the BEEB is a great two CD official release. Fantastic. However, there are several great box set boots that compile all the BBC material and there are some great tracks that don't appear on the official BEEB release. There is a pretty good 11 cd set with the complete available performances. Some of varying quality, but it is complete...pretty available on BIT torrent sites. Has some gems that aren't on the Beatles at the BEEB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-21 02:45 by whitem8.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home