Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Aren't you tired of being so insulting about the Rolling Stones ?
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 9, 2009 14:32

Oh now please! Thats over doing it isn't it? You must have worst movies in your collection? Porky's 6, Police Acedemy 5 or the Backstreet boys?

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: February 9, 2009 14:36

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-14 13:58 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 9, 2009 14:38

Tornandfrayed
Shine A Light is the most appalling piece of shit I´ve ever seen.

no - thumbs down

that's outrageous. eye popping smiley

how dare you say that? eye popping smiley

the Nicole Kidman movie 'Australia', was marginally worse.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: February 9, 2009 16:47

Gazza
jamesfdouglas
mexicostone... I'd sign off and say bu-bye now before you get banned (though that seems inevitable at your rate). You've gone from being ignorably trollish, immature and annoying to just plain rude and spiteful.

the funny thing is that he registered here just 10 months ago and his first few posts indicate a completely different attitude to the Stones that he has now. Did Keith piss in his cornflakes or something?

[www.iorr.org]

e.g.

Posted by: mexicostone ()
Date: April 6, 2008 18:25

im not bored of the current stones , theyve been always perfect , why should we get bored of the best band in the world , theyve gave you all they can and theyll give us more , youll see , thats what a real band does!

Re: My Bigger Bang European Tour
Date: April 6, 2008 18:30

excellent , i like it!
the stones are greater and greater day by day , they are indestructible!!

Re: Undercover of the night (live from SAL) on youtube!!
Date: April 13, 2008 15:06

How good they are , they still have a long way forward!

Re: Olympia 2003, best recent DVD ???
Date: April 12, 2008 02:59

licks could be better than any other tour before 2002 ,also its better than abb , they were always on fire!

Re: Mick Jagger appoints the successors of the Rolling Stone
Date: April 9, 2008 05:48

acdc are great , but no big signals of their future.
every big band has been influenced by the stones ; acdc , kiss , zep , u2 , etc... , a whole bunch are fans of the stones , no one would ever be " the new great ones" . the stones are the greatest ones forever.

Re: Tour
Date: April 8, 2008 22:22

u2 is great on arenas , the stones are the greatest on stadiums , and so , i think keith is not bad now , hes good as always , just watch SAL!
why would the stones play smaller venues , they have a whole fkin lot of attendance all over the world , theyre the most famous and theyre the greatest rock band ever.

Well done Gazza. I too can see a stark change in opinion. That's certainly Mexicostones right to change his/her opinion. Just rather odd the change was so sudden with no observable explanation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-09 17:35 by CBII.

Posted by: GNAT ()
Date: February 9, 2009 17:37

mexicostone
i can't get tired.
they're so shitty these days.
keith can barely play a note , he can't do a friggin' 2 secs. solo!!

if you tell keith to play these licks , he would poo in his pants because he can't play a shit , and he claims to be the "humanriff"!
hilarious.

Oh dear....Megadeth?? You are kidding, aren't you? I'm afraid that Keith just can't play those riffs and do what this guy does, and he'll be the first to tell you that is a great thing. I would hate for Keith to even sink to the level of Megadeth. How truly awfull that would be.

Keith is now, and always will be, the HUMAN RIFF. Tell your Megacrap boys to check back with me in about 20 years and we will see where their career is then. You cash in one Keith Richards and you get about 10 Dave Mustanes (?) back in change. Megaturd ain't nothing compared with the Stones, silly boy.

You need a crash coarse in Rock 'n Roll: Start with Chuck Berry, Come back in a year and I'll give you further instruction.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 9, 2009 17:50

CBII

Well done Gazza. I too can see a stark change in opinion. That's certainly Mexicostones right to change his/her opinion. Just rather odd the change was so sudden with no observable explanation.

Indeed. Yet the Stones havent played a single show or made a record since his initial enthusiastic posts extolling their continuing greatness.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 9, 2009 19:28

ablett
That was ten years ago? Time moves on. Didn't Ronnie supposedly carry most of the end of the ABB tour?

Like he carried "Bitch"? I prefer the real thing:

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: February 9, 2009 19:38

Good job from Keith in the Bitch video!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 9, 2009 20:03

mexicostone
i can't get tired.
they're so shitty these days.
keith can barely play a note , he can't do a friggin' 2 secs. solo!!

if you tell keith to play these licks , he would poo in his pants because he can't play a shit , and he claims to be the "humanriff"!
hilarious.

Poo his pants? Didn't Brian live in Milne's (who wrote Pooh) house? I smell a conspiracy - or maybe just poo.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 9, 2009 20:08

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-09 20:09 by Doxa.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 10, 2009 01:56

Megadeth - after a few seconds I already felt the need to vomit...is that a song or what? but ok, tastes are different. but I have my doubts that Keith would even want to play these faceless guitar wankfest "riffs".

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 10, 2009 02:06

Keith is truly about music,about making songs, about knowing how much to play and the precious silent moments in between. He understands it all, the idea of a band His timing/sense of rhythm and sound always fills the dance floor.
In all honesty, megedeth has talent,but you will need a microscope and earplugs to find it, and ya won't be pleased.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: February 10, 2009 02:10

It can work both ways -

many consider that they are insulting of their fans.

emphasis on merchandising, re-packaging, guarding the vaults, over-dependence on war-horse sets etc., etc. etc.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 10, 2009 02:25

"Like he carried "Bitch"? I prefer the real thing:"

I love the real thing n all cocker!

But 1973 was 36 years ago and I was in me pram!

People grow old. You want vibrant, young, fresh talent check out the latest group or www.redtube.com

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 10, 2009 03:16

Four Stone Walls
It can work both ways -

many consider that they are insulting of their fans.

emphasis on merchandising, re-packaging, guarding the vaults, over-dependence on war-horse sets etc., etc. etc.

I can agree with these points to various degrees, but my love of the Stones has room for some bitching and certainly no offense taken. I hear ya.
I also wish they never played the Super Bowl, although they are looking better and better for having done it live. I wish Timberlake was never onstage with them, and same for Dave Matthews, and they need to play for their fans all the other great songs that are not warhorses, and give Don Was the door.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 10, 2009 03:24

how many of you would sign for a no warhorse club tour right now?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 10, 2009 03:30

melillo
how many of you would sign for a no warhorse club tour right now?

if they don't top my spending limit of $45, i'm down

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 10, 2009 03:33

cool, count me in

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: February 10, 2009 03:36

Don't you know that you can count me out....IN.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: February 10, 2009 04:22

Don't sweat it..You are either in you you aren't....it ain't no hangin matter....

bythe way, to the original question...HAHAHAHAH. NO. Been lovin this band since 65 and there has always been the cats and chicks that dont get it. Jeez..you cant like this band without having to hear some kinda bull on top of it.

Hey Bjornulf...You should just restart the entire site, staring with me losing my bid to Ali on the Ready Steady Go acetate,.,,,now that is worth crying about...

JR

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: February 10, 2009 05:40

I have rarely posted on this site - but I have read quite a bit. I would like to add. I have been a RS fan for about 40 years - since my older sisters introduced me to the Rolling Stones, Beatles and eventually the Monkeys. Yes - I remember listening to my AM radio to see if the Beatles, Stones or Monkeys were the No. 1 band in the USA. I was raised on the hunt for NO. 1 (USA USA BLA BLA BLA).
I have seen the Stones many times (although never the Beatles or Monkeys). My first show was Buffalo 78 (I live in Syracuse, NY). I have always harborred a part of my youth with Keith, Mick, Charlie, Ron, Stu, Bill, ect. and will continue to love them. I sometimes feel that they are like an old fighter you do not want to see get in the ring again. But - I have to trust Keith when he says that he wants to take this where it has not been before - Rock and Roll's cutting edge in a new horrisons mold.
I do not wish to see another stadium of this or that - they have been there, done that. Let's consentrate on the music and enjoy the ride. Keith is no longer what somene else wanted him to be - but he is still what he wants to be......
I am a fan - I appriciate all the joy you have given me. Where ever you are headed - I will enjoy the ride with you. Keep on Rocking.
Robert Collins - 50 and still (you name it).

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 10, 2009 05:56

I've said for a few years now... they could still pull it off.
In my opnion, they just need to re-think they way they appraoch things musically.
Nothing would please me more than a re-vamp shake-up to see what they can still do.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: February 10, 2009 06:10

Nice post Bob C. I am with ya!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1605
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home