Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Semi-OT: Divorce
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 2, 2009 18:32

Sorry, Sweet Neo Con, wasn't trying to sound the victim part at all. It's true I do tend to put others feelings ahead of mine, so much so that I tend to sacrifice my own dreams and desires, like living in upstate NY. I positively hate it here, but my wife refuses to move, so I gave up on that battle.

Not all my friends that was an exaggeration, obviously, but it always seems like you tell someone a secret, having finally felt like you can trust a person, and it's not long before that secret is being used against you. I'm a very good judge of people, I pride myself on it in fact, but when I get burned like that, it really stings, so I usually don't bother trying to make new friends. That was all I was trying to say.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: February 2, 2009 18:38

VoodooLounge13
Sorry, Sweet Neo Con, wasn't trying to sound the victim part at all. It's true I do tend to put others feelings ahead of mine, so much so that I tend to sacrifice my own dreams and desires, like living in upstate NY. I positively hate it here, but my wife refuses to move, so I gave up on that battle.

Not all my friends that was an exaggeration, obviously, but it always seems like you tell someone a secret, having finally felt like you can trust a person, and it's not long before that secret is being used against you. I'm a very good judge of people, I pride myself on it in fact, but when I get burned like that, it really stings, so I usually don't bother trying to make new friends. That was all I was trying to say.

sorry if there was a misunderstanding...i wasn't trying to be a wise-ass.

how old is your daughter? maybe it would be more reasonable to split when
your child is more independent and can understand.

it sounds like..because of the circumstances....it all started out doomed
but I admire the fact you tried to make it work.

(like i said..i haven't read everything...) is your wife willing to continue
in this relationship? does she want the split too? what would happen if
you went to her and told her exactly what you were contemplating?

IORR............but I like it!

Date: February 2, 2009 19:14

My daughter's 7, the boys are 4 and 3.

My wife doesn't know what I'm going thru currently. She just knows I've been really depressed lately. No she would never want to split. Like I said we were separated a few years back for very similar reasons and it was a long road back, only to find myself back at the same situation. I was a mess Friday night and she told me straight out that she wasn't strong enough to go thru that again.

Date: February 2, 2009 19:26

VoodooLounge13
My daughter's 7, the boys are 4 and 3.

My wife doesn't know what I'm going thru currently. She just knows I've been really depressed lately. No she would never want to split. Like I said we were separated a few years back for very similar reasons and it was a long road back, only to find myself back at the same situation. I was a mess Friday night and she told me straight out that she wasn't strong enough to go thru that again.

What's causing the depression?? The fact that you don't love your wife or that
she's making your life miserable on a daily basis....? Did I miss something?
Did she cheat on you? Is she a meth addict? DOes she beat the kids??

Are you having a seven year itch? (get an outlet)

Doesn't seem irreparable to me. You may just have to co-exist for awhile.
Not easy....but block it out & devote yourself to your kids. Give it time.
Grass is not always greener. You might be talking yourself into believing tha
it is worse than it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-02 19:29 by sweet neo con.

Date: February 2, 2009 19:59

Mostly the feeling like I don't love my wife, but also just the whole thought of this is all that my life has been. I never envisioned being stuck in a corporate america job, working in insurance of all things (God how I hate it). I imagined so much more for myself. So I've been trying to figure out how to change all of it.

No she's not cheated, not a drug addict, or kid beater. In fact, she loves me dearly. Really if one were to look at my life, I should be completely happy, but there is a vast emptiness that has always been there.

No material things even come close to helping with filling the void anymore. And that's become a problem as well, because now I can't be buy my happiness.

Date: February 2, 2009 20:05

VoodooLounge13
Mostly the feeling like I don't love my wife, but also just the whole thought of this is all that my life has been.

No she's not cheated, not a drug addict, or kid beater. In fact, she loves me dearly. Really if one were to look at my life, I should be completely happy, but there is a vast emptiness that has always been there.

Gets some prof help. That's what your health insurance is for.

Maybe your emotions/depression are due to a physiological imbalance that
drugs like Paxil can help.....??

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: February 3, 2009 10:27

Voodoo, ya got probs with your job, not with your wife.
Get a new job and keep the wife!!!
Do not throw it away!

I have been thru this shit so many times time now, I've lost count.
Take care of yourself, each other and of Love.

Guest "Expert": B Bro

Date: February 3, 2009 16:16

Did you mean divorce, Baboon, or feeling that there's got to be more meaning to your life than what you currently have?

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1905
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home