Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rare video from the L.A. Forum 1969
Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: January 22, 2009 22:07

If it was posted here before i apologise and i will delete this post.
I hope the rest of the footage apears quite soon

[www.riffbuk.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-22 22:14 by Riffbuk.

Re: Rare video from the L.A. Forum 1969
Posted by: Whale ()
Date: January 22, 2009 22:53

Great to see.
I have never seen this footage Riffbuk. So keep the good stuff coming. Even fragments can be great. In general I love to see stuff from the 60s.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: January 22, 2009 23:02

Fantastic footage!

It's good to see footage of Mick Taylor playing the guitar on that tour as he is not featured much in the live footage "Gimme Shelter".

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: January 22, 2009 23:09

I've never seen this footage either...

Wonder if it's from the 1st or 2nd show that night? I was at the 2nd show but
it's been 40 years now... MLC

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 22, 2009 23:30

Isnt it funny how stuff leaks out 40 years later, amazing!!!!!!

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: January 23, 2009 01:31

Oh, man, I was at the first show that night. I wonder if this is the first or second . . . I have a boot of the first one so I'll have to dig it out and give a listen and compare.

Does anyone know if there is any other footage from these shows? I am still astounded at how bold they were in playing so much new material. Almost a total departure from the group they were in 1966.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 23, 2009 01:34

yeah, but that was pretty much the norm in those infant days of "modern rock" concerts, no? first of all, nobody had much of a back catalogue and secondly it was all about promoting new product....

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 23, 2009 01:34

Great stuff, good to see Taylor actually move -most of what we see of him with the Stones is stand-still's.

Mathijs

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: January 23, 2009 01:38

Awesome!
Maybe this is the same LA´69 footage that was offered here for sale a while ago along with MSG´72 for something like 200.000 $.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 23, 2009 04:04

This reminds me that there was supposedly a show at the Inglewood Forum LA 11-20-69? I notice its not reported on "The Complete Works" but its listed in more than
one reference book I have.Years ago I received in trade on tape the Phoenix 69 show and part of the filler was listed as LA 11-20-69(Prodigal Son, You Gotta Move,and Satisfaction) The fidelity is not great but theres not much Aud and the acoustic guitar is so loud in the mix that it sounds like a sb. I cant vouch for the accuracy of this and I've never compared it to anything else but I may now that this has peaked my interest!

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: January 23, 2009 04:26

Great...thanks Riffbuk

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 23, 2009 04:52

DaveG
Oh, man, I was at the first show that night. I wonder if this is the first or second . . . I have a boot of the first one so I'll have to dig it out and give a listen and compare.

It is from the 2nd Late Show.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 23, 2009 05:20

Here is a sendspace link to "Satisfaction" from the 2nd Late Show at Los Angeles on 11-8-1969:

[Satisfaction]

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: January 23, 2009 05:21

pretty intense, beautiful find ty!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: January 23, 2009 06:10

LIttle about these 1969 gigs was "the norm."
The Stones wanted to make music and money and see just how popular they were across America. -- and they were pleased with what they found out. IT was damned exciting for them to know they could sell out these shows at "the Fabulous Forum."
Especially after all the disillusion with Oldham, Klein etc.

Posted by: RollingStonesRob ()
Date: January 23, 2009 06:13

Keith is using the Dan Armstrong on Little Queenie instead of The GIbson ES355.

htttp://www.last.fm/user/rocknrollcola

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: January 23, 2009 07:32

Very, very cool. Sounds like the 2nd show to me. THAT was the sight line I had, just right of center of Jagger, but probably a little farther back. Play that guitar boy! But I have to say that show was a strong one for Keith. The 4th live performance of Satisfaction with Taylor. Whew! Talk about being thrown into the fire! See Jagger checking out the new guitarist? Throughout this tour they were figuring each other out, the iontersection of the guitar lines and the vocals. Very exciting stuff! Thanks!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 23, 2009 10:38

Mathijs
Great stuff, good to see Taylor actually move -most of what we see of him with the Stones is stand-still's.

Mathijs

Yeah, he looks and moves like a hippie from some heavy loading San Francisco band... Maybe there was something 'on'... (In fact, there are some interesting stories of those LA days during '69 tour - of Taylor partying with local groupies, etc.)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-23 10:39 by Doxa.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 23, 2009 10:48

"Little Queenie" seems to be a song The Stones always get a great groove on (thinking as well of the Double Door '97 version we have in other thread). Perhaps because that's the song Mick and Keith were already nailing in their Little Boy Blue & The Blues Boys days!

In fact, it would be a great opener for their upcoming tour.

Here Keith nails it with some other pal of his:

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-23 20:58 by Doxa.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 23, 2009 13:42

Doxa
Mathijs

Mathijs

Yeah, he looks and moves like a hippie from some heavy loading San Francisco band... Maybe there was something 'on'... (In fact, there are some interesting stories of those LA days during '69 tour - of Taylor partying with local groupies, etc.)

- Doxa

That was the first thing I thought -Taylor looks like a member of Jefferson Airplaine or the Dead! Didn't Taylor with these Mayall in the SF area in '69?

Mathijs

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 23, 2009 18:45

Great post, alway's think when looking at Mick Jagger he's proud to have Taylor in the band

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: January 23, 2009 18:46

<It's good to see footage of Mick Taylor playing the guitar on that tour as he is not featured much in the live footage "Gimme Shelter".>

Yes, kudos to the very aware camera person who picked up that Satis solo. Rare, indeed!

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: January 23, 2009 18:50

Nice to see "Little Mick" rocking out like this. He looks like Jimmy Page circa ´69 during that solo.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: January 23, 2009 18:59

wow---Thank you for both videos...They made my day...JUST GREAT.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: January 25, 2009 19:53

Fantastic Rolling Stones.

Fantastic raw footage.

This must be nominated for the post-of-the month contest - it surely wins.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 25, 2009 21:23

Wonderful clip Riffbuk. Who shot it and is that all there is? I'm currently on a mission to get as much private shot footage as possible. Didn't even know about this one.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: January 26, 2009 01:24

Cool video!

And what stands out most is of course that wicked vibrato! smiling smiley

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: January 26, 2009 02:42

yes - post of the year so far...

Love that stinging vibrato...

Jagger would have been impressed by that effort.

great stuff - thanks

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: January 26, 2009 03:07

Thanks for posting this! Great stuff!

Odd that folks mention Taylor's "movement". From my recollection of the movie, he "moved" more at Hyde Park.

How different his look is, though. Unlike his Hyde Park and Gimme Shelter appearances, here he looks like a hippie guitarist, from his hiding behind the bushy hair to the bathrobe garb. No matter though, the performance is wonderful.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: January 26, 2009 03:48

Mathijs

That was the first thing I thought -Taylor looks like a member of Jefferson Airplaine or the Dead! Didn't Taylor with these Mayall in the SF area in '69?

Mathijs

I believe the Taylor/Mayall Bluesbreakers played some shows with the Jimi Hendrix Experience in early '69 on the West Coast.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2640
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home