Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT- Stones songs in the "Replacements" movie
Date: January 25, 2009 05:50

I did a search on this board for "replacements" and saw nothing
I was surprised this was not asked before....so here goes.....
bracing myself for flaming---

[www.imdb.com]

This time of year we always pull out the some football movies,
and I am aware that people may storm in here to hijack the thread to blah blah blah about futbol vs football,,,
but anyway..

This time of year to celebrate the SOUPerBowl ; ) we pull out movies
like "North Dallas 40" "any given Sunday" "Black Sunday" "longest Yard (both)"and others
but I always wondered how/why the Stones songs were included in the movie
"The Repacments" [www.imdb.com]

It was not Marty's movie,,,,and it seemed there were more Stones
songs in this movie than usual....

I think the album, which all movies's songs came from was
"VooDoo Lounge",,and I think, that was the one which, I had a special
girl whom I shared that CDs music with,,and watching this movie always
brings her back to me, in my imagination anyway.

I always enjoyed the music in the movie, even if it was fluff and eye candy,
I always wondered why/how the Stones music was included.

question 2

what is a great football ( or for that matter futbol ) movie I dont know?
and please dont say "bend it like a has been"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-25 05:51 by Gregg_in_KansasCity.

Re: OT- Stones songs in the "Replacements" movie
Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: January 25, 2009 10:15

Can I assume this way? If Hal Ashby thought the movie "Coming Home" was about "out of time" , music from the stones was perfect choice.

As for Replacements, was it simply included by music supervisor Marq Roswell's taste?

Q2
I look forward to John Grisham's "Playing for Pizza."

Date: January 25, 2009 10:54

Thnaks for the spark, I should have thought
to look music supervisor ....good tip. : )

Playing for Pizza is now on the list.......to be seen ...on DVD ..in 5 years....THX.

SO,,, Marq Rosswelll is the brother of Maggie, she is on wiki,,
but not mark,,errrr marq is not .......Who is he?

I looked him up..
[www.imdb.com]

WOW..he has done a LOT of BIG movies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS SITE
[www.tviff.com]
SAID THIS ,,,it is very long, but interestin,,and buried on a
page,,so I linked it.

G. MARQ ROSWELL (35 Sound Music Supervision & Consulting)

The total movie experience, more often then not, is as much about sound as it is about sight. In the right hands, music that accompanies film imagery is capable of evoking the full spectrum of emotion in an audience. The artists who orchestrate what you hear in the theater, who guide every aspect of a film's musical content, are called music supervisors, and one of the industry's best is G. Marq Roswell.

A sixth generation Californian and graduate of UCLA's prestigious film school, Roswell knows all too well how music can contribute to almost any film's ultimate success. To date he's lent his talents to almost 30 films, including Spy Game, starring Robert Redford and Brad Pitt, Sweet November (Keanu Reeves, Charlize Theron), Pay It Forward, (Helen Hunt, Kevin Spacey), End of Days, (Arnold Schwarzenegger), The Hurricane (Denzel Washington, directed by Norman Jewison), and For Love of the Game, (Kevin Costner, directed by Sam Raimi).

Due to the nature of how music compliments a film's content, Roswell prefers that his role begin very early in the process. And depending on the complexity of the music used, that involvement can last many months. For The Commitments, the story of an Irish soul band, Roswell spent months in pre-production listening to and categorizing literally hundreds of R&B songs. He then traveled to Ireland to help director Alan Parker recruit the cast and finalize which songs would be used in the film. Once those decisions were made, Roswell organized and oversaw the recording sessions. "By and large," he says, "I've found that I get to be as creative as my collaboration with the director allows. Luckily, I've been fortunate enough to work with directors who have an incredible understanding of music."

Movie soundtracks are becoming an increasingly lucrative and important aspect of the business, and Roswell has put together some winners. One of the biggest selling soundtracks ever is The Commitments, which has sold over 3 million copies to date. The Varsity Blues soundtrack went gold, while After 7's smash "Gonna Love You Right" from the Sugar Hill soundtrack became a # 1 R&B single, and The Thing Called Love soundtrack spawned a #1 country single with Clay Walker's "Dreamin' With My Eyes Open." America's first real exposure to The Fine Young Cannibals came when the band wrote both songs (including the #1 hit "Good Thing and the score for Barry Levinson's Tin Men. The inclusion of Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" in David Lynch's Wild At Heart almost single-handedly gave Isaak a career. The song eventually went to #1. As the music supervisor for all of the above films, Roswell was responsible for the placement of these successful tracks.

G. Marq Roswell has a unique understanding of how music affects film audiences. It's no wonder that he's one of today's most respected and sought after music supervisors.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thnaks for the tip, I did not know to look for music supervisor ....good idea. : )

Now that I know this, and his name I bet I will see / hear it again....

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: January 26, 2009 13:07

I just saw it last night without knowing that some Stones songs were palyed so I was very surprised when I heard 'Moon is Up"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1525
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home