Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Why have The Stones never gone on The Howard Stern Show?
Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: February 28, 2013 19:07

As someone who listened to Stern for many years,he has become a total @#$%& and there is NO WAY that either Keith Mick or Charlie would put up with his bullshit!
Plus Stern's audience has diminished greatly ever since Opie & Anthony have become the "HOT" show on Sirius-XM satellite radio in the past few years!

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: February 28, 2013 19:33

Because Howard Stern is an ass would be my guess.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: February 28, 2013 19:42

Big Al
I watched Howard Stern's interview with Roger Waters. The guy is a dope. Almost as bad as Letterman. To Waters' credit, he was diplomatic and took everything in good humour.

I didn't come to that conclusion. What makes you say that? Thought it was a good interview and they are sort of friends, live a few houses (mansions) apart in the Hamptons...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 28, 2013 19:42

And still the haters hate. Some of the most revealing interviews I've ever heard with rock artists are on Howard Stern. It's difficult to push past their bs barriers and Howard does a better job than most.

Date: February 28, 2013 19:50

njlstones815
As someone who listened to Stern for many years,he has become a total @#$%& and there is NO WAY that either Keith Mick or Charlie would put up with his bullshit!
Plus Stern's audience has diminished greatly ever since Opie & Anthony have become the "HOT" show on Sirius-XM satellite radio in the past few years!

source pleasesmoking smiley

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 28, 2013 22:35

2000 LYFH
Big Al
I watched Howard Stern's interview with Roger Waters. The guy is a dope. Almost as bad as Letterman. To Waters' credit, he was diplomatic and took everything in good humour.

I didn't come to that conclusion. What makes you say that? Thought it was a good interview and they are sort of friends, live a few houses (mansions) apart in the Hamptons...

Because he is likely pre-judging and didn't even listen. I listened to Howard for years before satellite radio, on my long commutes. There's no doubt he's the best interviewer of all time. Gets the most out of the celebrities, almost always in a fun way, where they feel like they had a good time and were just chatting 1-on-1.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 28, 2013 23:20

Justin
Charlie would most likely hate it beyond belief.
You're probably right, but I listened to Howard when he was still on terrestrial radio, and he had his bad side for sure, but he could be hilarious, and one interesting thing was he would sometimes totally hit it off with people you'd never expect him to. Like Paul Anka.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: October 10, 2013 14:48

I still believe that it would be great if Mick, Keith and Ronnie would go on Howard's show. It's likely that it won't happen though. Paul Mc Cartney's visit to sirius few days ago resulted in an amazing interview.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: October 10, 2013 23:20

Mick would never want to answer the questions that Howard would invariably ask about Bowie and whether he is or was bisexual.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 10, 2013 23:41

hot stuff
Why should they? ...Its a no-win deal for the Stones!!

That is the best answer, its a no win deal, why would they waste their time?

It would be like being inteviewed by some of the post-1973-Stones haters who admit they are no longer fans but, for some reason, continue to post and post how much they dislike anything The Stones have done since 1973 here. The interview would probably be mostly disrespect, veiled insults and snide predetermined comments and we get plenty of that here already.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: October 11, 2013 00:06

MCDDTLC
Tom - Yeah - they did interview Taylor once. 1st thing Howard said was:
Why did you quit the Stones?? a question Taylor hates!!!

after that Howard kissed his ass pretty good..

MLC

When Stern interviewed Taylor, Mick was in a phone booth at the time (I pictured him in grungy booth outside a dilapitated bar somewhere in the US). After he hung up on Taylor, Stern remarked..."Well I hear he's starting a new group....with Pete Best on drums." I though it was a real low blow...Never listened to him since...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 11, 2013 00:58

To me, Howard Stern is fingernails-on-a-chalkboard. I hope this never ever happens.

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: October 11, 2013 02:46

Howard stern is a huge ass hole way to full of himself

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 11, 2013 02:57

Please keep in mind that nutcases are not allowed for discussion anymore on IORR.Org- The only Stones connection that I see with Stern is - "Turd on the Run"

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 11, 2013 03:00

It would be bad publicity when Keith had to pull the switchblade.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: October 11, 2013 04:06

crholmstrom

Not a fan of Keith's "showed him the blade" philosophy, but if it were for the benefit of HS, I'd understand perfectly. That's one guy who could stand to see the blade. I don't get Howard's admirers, though maybe it's an east coast thing.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 11, 2013 05:30

marianna
crholmstrom

Not a fan of Keith's "showed him the blade" philosophy, but if it were for the benefit of HS, I'd understand perfectly. That's one guy who could stand to see the blade. I don't get Howard's admirers, though maybe it's an east coast thing.

I doubt Keith has shown anyone a blade in quite some time. He's an old CT guy now. But myths die hard.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 11, 2013 06:24

palerider22
MCDDTLC

MLC

When Stern interviewed Taylor, Mick was in a phone booth at the time (I pictured him in grungy booth outside a dilapitated bar somewhere in the US). After he hung up on Taylor, Stern remarked..."Well I hear he's starting a new group....with Pete Best on drums." I though it was a real low blow...Never listened to him since...

Come on man, that's pretty damn funny! They should join up with David Lee Roth, Don Felder and Rick Wright.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 11, 2013 06:31

jazzbass
palerider22
MCDDTLC

MLC

Come on man, that's pretty damn funny! They should join up with David Lee Roth, Don Felder and Rick Wright.

Yeah, that would be pretty funny, like the rock n roll equivalent of Weekend At Bernie's.

Born: July 28, 1943, Hatch End, London, United Kingdom
Died: September 15, 2008, London, United Kingdom
Music group: Pink Floyd (1965 – 1981)

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: October 11, 2013 06:49

Rokyfan
marianna
crholmstrom

I doubt Keith has shown anyone a blade in quite some time. He's an old CT guy now. But myths die hard.

According to his autobiography, he chased a guest at his daughter's wedding with a sword. So, he was showing the blade as recently as 1998, and he was no spring chicken at the time. He might be tempted to bring it out for special occasions (surely a wedding qualifies).

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: October 11, 2013 09:32

Howard Stern is a self absorbed piece of crap.. I'm certain Mick and Keith have no time for his thinly veiled bigotry and general ignorance on any subject. Our boys are very elegant people who actually bring a calming presence to a room when they arrive.

Date: October 12, 2013 01:42

Howard Stern is a great interviewer who did a fantastic one with Paul McCartney earlier this week. I'd like to know who in show business is not a 'self absorbed piece of crap'? Yes, Mick and Keith are such towering intellectuals who could not deign to descend into the realm of Howard Stern.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: October 12, 2013 02:13

24FPS
Howard Stern is a great interviewer who did a fantastic one with Paul McCartney earlier this week. I'd like to know who in show business is not a 'self absorbed piece of crap'? Yes, Mick and Keith are such towering intellectuals who could not deign to descend into the realm of Howard Stern.
Nice to count you as part of the pro-Stern, 24TPS. The haters are very vocal and on fire(high pitch voice!) coming up with good arguments but I still believe Howard is great after 22 years of listening to him.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Date: October 12, 2013 02:17

It's possible to dislike someone, or to consider them lacking in talent, without being a "hater." Personally, I would hope this statement is true--

DoomandGloom
I'm certain Mick and Keith have no time for his thinly veiled bigotry

Date: October 12, 2013 07:02

Mick would be a drag on Howard's show. He wouldn't drop his guard and actually answer questions truthfully. Keith would probably enjoy it, but he's have to be allowed to smoke in the studio. Mick could not control that situation, which is the positive aspect of Howard's interviewing technique, being able to draw things out of people they wouldn't normally talk about.

An advantage to a Howard interview would be that Howard is not a Rolling Stones geek. His questions would be fresh and might force some amusing recollections from the former Glimmer Twins. I say former because I just realized the two of them probably would not consent, through their people, to be interviewed together.

If Howard is such a terrible blight on our planet, then why has Paul McCartney gone on Howard's show at least 3 or 4 times for extended interviews? It's not like he needs the publicity.

Date: October 12, 2013 09:21

Because he doesn't consider him a blight on the planet? People have different views, y'know!

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: October 13, 2013 01:51

Probably because Howards got little if any class and wouldn't think twice about asking the most embarrasing questions. You ever hear the Stern/cHUCK Zito interviews? They both showed their true colors talking like 12yr old kids about smelly pussy and slutty women like these were the funniest topics ever! Chuck is the ex-pres of the New York Hells Angels turned part time actor as in OZ and by all accounts a 'real standup guy". Howard turns into an ass kissing lackie every time Chuck gets any where near him and the whole Howard Stern mystic falls short as soon as somebody dangerous shows up.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 13, 2013 04:47

I can go either way about Howard Stern, depending what he's talking about, and to whom.

That interview he did with Paul McCartney was damn good, imo, refreshing in what he brought out of the man.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: October 13, 2013 05:34

rob51
Probably because Howards got little if any class and wouldn't think twice about asking the most embarrasing questions. You ever hear the Stern/cHUCK Zito interviews? They both showed their true colors talking like 12yr old kids about smelly pussy and slutty women like these were the funniest topics ever! Chuck is the ex-pres of the New York Hells Angels turned part time actor as in OZ and by all accounts a 'real standup guy". Howard turns into an ass kissing lackie every time Chuck gets any where near him and the whole Howard Stern mystic falls short as soon as somebody dangerous shows up.

I think you are probably another long time listener! I think if you got near Chuck, you would do the same. Me too. And Howard said the other day, the one person he would like to interview above all others is Mick. He LOVES the Stones...

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 13, 2013 08:27

The Stones never were on the Stern show because they never needed to go there.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1563
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home