Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Why have The Stones never gone on The Howard Stern Show?
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 14, 2009 22:59

Apparently Paul Mc Cartney was on today but the Stones have never been interviewed by Howard. Ronnie Wood went once with Bernard and it was a great interview. Maybe the next time the Stones play NYC they'll go on Sirius and have some fun with Howard.
Rock an roll,
Mops

Re: Why have The Stones never gone on The Howard Stern Show?
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 14, 2009 23:01

the ronnie interview was included as bonus material on a ronnie boot on the coast-to-coast label. "great" interview? hmmmm....

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 14, 2009 23:16

maybe because mick would hate to dodge stern's rather blunt demeanor? Keith would most likely not fall for much of howard's traps and tricks...Ronnie would do the best and Charlie would most likely hate it beyond belief.

still though, unless, howard can not be howard for the interview and kiss incredible ass during it....it would be possible but there ain't no way ever.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 14, 2009 23:31

T&A said:

the ronnie interview was included as bonus material on a ronnie boot on the coast-
to-coast label. "great" interview? hmmmm....

If I remember the Ron's interview took place in 1993 in support of Slide on this. I heard the interview once, live, and it lasted for 1/2 an hour. I can not back up my "great interview" with anything specific" but it's a moment that I kept in my memory as an exciting interview. I drove from DC to NCY to see Ron on that tour. He played the Ritz, the show was very good. I think that Howard liked Ron and Bernard. Both of the musicians had not slept at all and they both were in a merry mood. I don't think Howard got any great revelation on the Stones from Ron.Just fun and silly stuff Howard Stern' style.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Date: January 14, 2009 23:36

well, it was humorous at times. but, it definitely revealed a ronnie wood who was drinking heavily early in the day and one who clearly didn't have a clue about his own personal finances....

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 14, 2009 23:37

Maybe because Howard Stern is an untalented,unfunny dickhead?....Just a guess on my part.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: January 14, 2009 23:46

Wasn't Mick Taylor on about 8-10 years ago?

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: January 15, 2009 00:14

Maybe they were just never asked?

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: January 15, 2009 00:33

Tom - Yeah - they did interview Taylor once. 1st thing Howard said was:
Why did you quit the Stones?? a question Taylor hates!!!

after that Howard kissed his ass pretty good..

MLC

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: January 15, 2009 00:48

The Stones probably refused to ride the Sabyan.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: January 15, 2009 02:47

sweetcharmedlife

Maybe because Howard Stern is an untalented,unfunny dickhead?....Just a guess on my part.

Could not say it any better myself!!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 15, 2009 03:47

Why would they? There's no need to.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: January 15, 2009 04:21

Maybe because they're smart . . . .why in the world would ANYONE want to go on Stern's show?? He is absolutely worthless.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: January 15, 2009 04:33

No Expectations
sweetcharmedlife

Could not say it any better myself!!

ladies and gentlemen, please no more phone calls...we have a winner.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 15, 2009 05:42

Maybe they have too much integrity to go on the Stern show. He continues to be popular...........god only knows why its the same shtick every day!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 15, 2009 15:53

For a guy who started out playing records on the radio, it's incredible how much he DOESN'T know about music.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 15, 2009 19:20

the stones have to much integrity to go on the HOWARD STERN show please. the stones who soak us for a lousy ticket to see them live in concert gimme a break .the real reason is the same reason they wont do the late show with DAVID LETTERMAN, because howard and dave rip the piss out of them with the jokes there to old the need wheelchairs and walkers and so on and on .back in 2002 during the licks tour the stones played right next door in a club and they would not play on letterman.its almost like the stones dont have the balls to face the music from howard and dave but lets not forget the stones are the greatest rock and roll band in the world so why should the lower themselves to do this kind of publicity.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: January 15, 2009 19:42

Why should they? I think the Stones learned their lesson to NEVER go on a tv/radio show with a Comedian....They tried that years back on the Dean Martin show and it didn't go over very well back then...Its a no-win deal for the Stones!!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: January 15, 2009 19:44

The Greek
its almost like the stones dont have the balls to face the music from howard and dave

I completely disagree. In terms of matching wits, I think Mick could face off with Dave any day of the week. He's really very clever. Dave's quick, but he's kind of a boob.

I wouldn't describe Stern as being particularly clever. I dont' believe he would dare say anything insulting to their faces, no way! Charlie would probably just walk away because that's the classy thing to do. Keith would give him "that look" and Sterns balls would crawl back up into the spineless flab of flesh that is his body. Mick would retort with something simple but funny. Ronnie would laugh and secretly wonder what everyone was talking about.

Date: January 15, 2009 20:15

CindyC
The Greek
its almost like the stones dont have the balls to face the music from howard and dave

I completely disagree. In terms of matching wits, I think Mick could face off with Dave any day of the week. He's really very clever. Dave's quick, but he's kind of a boob.

I wouldn't describe Stern as being particularly clever. I dont' believe he would dare say anything insulting to their faces, no way! Charlie would probably just walk away because that's the classy thing to do. Keith would give him "that look" and Sterns balls would crawl back up into the spineless flab of flesh that is his body. Mick would retort with something simple but funny. Ronnie would laugh and secretly wonder what everyone was talking about.

thanks. with this little vignette etched in our minds, they really don't need to go on the show anymore...

Date: January 15, 2009 20:30

howard stern isnt very clever according CindyC but yet he is paid $100 million a year.yeah that sounds like he is a moron huh?

Date: January 15, 2009 20:34

The Greek
howard stern isnt very clever according CindyC but yet he is paid $100 million a year.yeah that sounds like he is a moron huh?

morons are making that much now? time for me to ask the boss for a raise again...

Date: January 15, 2009 20:37

The Greek

is that how you measure intelligence?

Date: January 15, 2009 20:42

I measure my intelligence with a....ah never mind, I'm on the wrong message board.

tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-15 20:42 by Bingo.

Date: January 15, 2009 20:42

you bet ya !

Date: January 15, 2009 20:46

hehehehe

In that case, the late great Anna Nicole Smith was a fricking Einstein.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: January 15, 2009 20:48

I'm sure she's measured a lot of intelligence as well. >grinning smiley<

Date: January 15, 2009 20:54

Bingo - wrong board again!

Date: January 15, 2009 20:58

opps....now there's something you don't want to hear when your....oh, sorry...wrong board. winking smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 15, 2009 20:59

The Greek

No the people paying him are morons.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1864
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home