Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Cactus Fully Unleashed The Live Gigs
Posted by: SonicBBQ ()
Date: December 18, 2008 09:31

Has anyone heard these? A pair of 2-CD sets from Rhino...sadly Vol I is out of print and very expensive. I walked into a record shop this evening with my girlfriend and were looking at some vinyl when I heard Parchman Farm being played. I thought to myself, "cool", and went about scanning their meager vinyl selection. Then I definitely heard something "different" about the song...I couldn't tell it was live...only that it was different. I asked the owner about it and he told me what it was and that he had just bought it from some guy off the street in Blacksburg, VA. We haggled a bit and settled on a price of $20, as it is a used CD. Long story short...get this if you can. Vol II is currently available at various online outlets.

Rob...

Re: OT: Cactus Fully Unleashed The Live Gigs
Posted by: SonicBBQ ()
Date: December 18, 2008 09:31

oh...and happy birthday, Keef!!!!

Posted by: stonesmusicfan ()
Date: December 18, 2008 13:51

Torrent it, its' cheaper !

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 18, 2008 16:17

It's a shame Jimmy McCarty never got the recognition he deserves, even in Detroit, where to this day, on almost any given night, he can be seen playing at a small club, bar, or restaurant. Every time I see him I think to myself, "What the hell is one of the best musicians in the world doing playing in a f---ing hotel restaurant?!?

He does fantastic covers versions of JJF and Gimmie Shelter. If I can get off work and scrape up the cash, I might even go see him New Year's Eve. (It's an expensive "package" thing at a hotel with dinner and an open bar and a room for the night.)

Posted by: peter ()
Date: December 19, 2008 11:21

tatters....please email me privately about this Jim McCarty NYE gig in Detroit....peter pstupar@aol.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2130
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home