Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Is Mick Taylor a possibility?
Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: December 19, 2008 02:50

hey wait a minute my friend... I bet most of us would go see such a show... the problem here is talking about it over and over.

Date: December 19, 2008 03:44

Date: December 19, 2008 03:48

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 19, 2008 12:00

Loudei

Aaahh.That felt good.A decent guitarsolo!

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: December 19, 2008 12:09

NO!
God, the devil and all other undocumented forces forbid!

Posted by: no spare yaps ()
Date: December 19, 2008 15:38

LOGIE
If such a reunion actually DID come off, I'd bet that none of Taylor's blinkered critics here, would turn down the opportunity of witnessing what would no doubt be the greatest gig of their lives.

Having degenerated into what is little more than a musical laughing stock and a travelling circus, the Stones have long been in need of someone with Taylor's expertise; partly to remind us all of what we've been missing, but also as a means of restoring credibility to their tarnished legacy.

A legacy that, through sheer greed, they stand accused of bringing into disrepute.

Damn, Loogie, MT plays barns in Denmark and weighs 500 #'s. He tried to bum money from Ronnie Wood, according to MLC. He is the laughing stock.

The Stones legacy is in great shape, despite your opinion of it being in "disrepute".....LOL! What a joke.

And I noticed that the MT dead-horse beaters are including Wyman now. Both MT and Bill left on their own. I don't know whats so hard to understand about that. Next it will be: If Mick and Keith would just fund a mad scientist who could maybe reanimate Brian Jones, he could join the band again and it would really be cool.....But then again, they wouldn't do that, because then he would rat them out for having him killed. Never mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-19 17:20 by no spare yaps.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: December 19, 2008 16:15

no spare yaps
LOGIE
If such a reunion actually DID come off, I'd bet that none of Taylor's blinkered critics here, would turn down the opportunity of witnessing what would no doubt be the greatest gig of their lives.

Having degenerated into what is little more than a musical laughing stock and a travelling circus, the Stones have long been in need of someone with Taylor's expertise; partly to remind us all of what we've been missing, but also as a means of restoring credibility to their tarnished legacy.

A legacy that, through sheer greed, they stand accused of bringing into disrepute.

Damn, Loogie, MT plays barns in Denmark and weighs 500 #'s. He tryed to bum money from Ronnie Wood, according to MLC. He is the laughing stock.

The Stones legacy is in great shape, despite your opinion of it being in "disrepute".....LOL! What a joke.

And I noticed that the MT dead-horse beaters are including Wyman now. Both MT and Bill left on their own. I don't know whats so hard to understand about that. Next it will be: If Mick and Keith would just fund a mad scientist who could maybe reanimate Brian Jones, he could join the band again and it would really be cool.....But then again, they wouldn't do that, because then he would rat them out for having him killed. Never mind.

Of course I understand that both MT and BW left of their own accord, but I cannot see what difference that makes to the actual issue here, which is namely that as a live act, the Stones lost their creativity many, many years ago, and have since been merely going through the motions by delivering virtually the same "Stones-By-Numbers" setlists and arrangements that they've been bashing out (probably in their sleep) for the last two decades.

At increasingly higher prices.

It's almost as if, having perfected the formulaic "big band" sound of the Steel Wheels tour back in 1989, they became too scared to make any changes to what had become their reliable cash-cow, for fear that that it might challenge their audiences (or even themselves, for that matter).

Their existance in this smug comfort zone provides an explanation as to why one of their lead guitarists is barely audible. I mean, who needs a guitarist when we can rely upon backing musicians to do the job?

That said, your obsession with people's weight (and wealth!) leads me to assume that musical prowess comes a long way down your list of requirements for the so-called "world's greatest rock n' roll band".

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 19, 2008 16:38

amen Logie

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: December 19, 2008 17:27

Your a real piece of works YAPS - don't quote me in your stupid comments!

When did I ever say Taylor tried to bum $$ from Ronnie? - A-hole

If Taylor ever does sit-in your banned from watching it. All you get to do is
watch: Shine A Light - that's your musical speed..

MLC

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: December 19, 2008 19:15

no spare yaps
Whats this all about?

If you don't know by now, you'll never know!

Date: December 19, 2008 20:28

What that was guys was Taylor was at a convention, this band (Dead Elvis's)
play: CYHMK in their set and someone suggested Taylor sit-in with them on the
number. he said "yes" -another display of how Taylor can just walk in and jam!

Yap - the link to that thread from 2005 ?? what's the point?

MLC

Posted by: zeb ()
Date: December 19, 2008 20:39

He´s been away far to long to comeback now.
It will never happend. If you ask me don´t want him back.

Date: December 19, 2008 20:45

WE're not asking you Zeb - go to another thread!

MLC

Date: December 19, 2008 20:57

Well Yap - since you asked

I just happen to think Taylor is one of the better guitarist out there, saw him
with the Stones(3) times ans was bummed when he quit. I don't hate Ronnie,
saw him with the Faces in the 70's have a few Faces albums. Just think the Stones played better musicallly with Taylor in the lineup. Think he got screwed
by the Glimmer Twins, the song writing credit situation. Think they should have
taken care of him a little better money-wise, Taylor is under the impression
that they own him some back $$ - that subject comes up in interviews from time
to time and i would like to see him sit-in with them one more time.

No mission - just a fan who remembers what this band was in their golden years.

MLC

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: December 19, 2008 21:07

St. Louis is one of the few shows from that tour that hasn't surfaced yet. Any chance it exists and may appear?

Date: December 19, 2008 21:29

Well Yap -I've actually talked to Mr. Taylor and musicians who have worked with him. And I think I've read enough to understand exactly what happened with them
to form a "opinion" - When Jagger states: Keith wasn't in the studio for;

Sway, Hide Your Love, Winter,etc. and Taylor has stated in interviews that he
was told: O - you will get writing credit when the album comes out

And more than one person heard Jagger tell Taylor at that KC gig in 1981

O - we still need to straighten out this financial situation - and nothing

Those thing don't sit well with me, might not bother you but I feel Taylor
belongs up there with the greats of England, Clapton, Beck, Page,etc.

And most people don't know who he is, and the Stones don't go out of their way
for his behalf - case n point - that CD release for Starbucks - him & Wyman
were on it but ONLY pictures of Jagger,Keith Ronnie & Watts..

Hell - Bill Wyman was on the picture that was used but whited-out/removed..

Taylor has said: Jagger still hasn't forgiven me for quitting

petty behavior as I see it,and would it kill these guys to throw a couple million Taylor's way to settle things - MLC

Date: December 19, 2008 22:23

Sorry all you Mick Taylor thread haters. But the subject's irresistible.

Taylor’s last album with the Stones it’s one of the bands poorest efforts. Maybe he was just burned too. After he quit he didn’t do anything for a while before releasing his own solo album many years after. The Black and Blue album had many good players on it, am not sure what Taylor could ve done to make those songs better since the tunes were written by the Glimmer Twins ad the album produced by the Glimmer Twins. Some Girls had good songs, a different attitude and no session musicians around to steal the show. I think we all should feel good about the fact that this band had three different matches and different eras musically in which they all had greatness. And there is no arguing that Mick Taylor’s run produced their most original and best work. When I was a kid I always dreamt my dad coming back home and getting together with my mother, but it never happened and never will.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-19 22:24 by Loudei.

Date: December 19, 2008 23:53

Loudei - NO-ONE can say: NEVER we don't know that for a fact,

KC happened in 1981, it almost happened in 2002 - Taylor was told he could
come out and play a blues number at a London gig - something happened
different accounts depending on who you ask - but Taylor was backstage, Jagger
cancelled the song off the playlist at the last minute. It COULD happen in
the future - don't give up hope - MLC

Date: December 20, 2008 00:11

Loudei
Sorry all you Mick Taylor thread haters. But the subject's irresistible.

Taylor’s last album with the Stones it’s one of the bands poorest efforts. Maybe he was just burned too. After he quit he didn’t do anything for a while before releasing his own solo album many years after. The Black and Blue album had many good players on it, am not sure what Taylor could ve done to make those songs better since the tunes were written by the Glimmer Twins ad the album produced by the Glimmer Twins. Some Girls had good songs, a different attitude and no session musicians around to steal the show. I think we all should feel good about the fact that this band had three different matches and different eras musically in which they all had greatness. And there is no arguing that Mick Taylor’s run produced their most original and best work. When I was a kid I always dreamt my dad coming back home and getting together with my mother, but it never happened and never will.

Sorry to say this:Taylor didn't make Black& Blue better but Wood didn't make Stones
songs coming from the Taylor area better to be polite... .The Stones needed a guitarplayer that steels the show,not just by jumping around with 2 cigarerets in his mouth .
After '74 it was all mediocrity.as far as guitarparts are concerned-apart from Bl&Bl.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: December 20, 2008 00:50

kovach
St. Louis is one of the few shows from that tour that hasn't surfaced yet. Any chance it exists and may appear?

Gazza contacted someone in StL who claimed to have it, but the fellow passed away. This was covered in a few threads a while ago.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 20, 2008 02:31

Is Mick Taylor a possibility?
When hell freezes over.....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: December 20, 2008 22:44

I no longer pine for this, but apparently the issue has been raised:

Q: Would you ever consider a short tour or one-off show with some of the former band members such as Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman with the current line-up? John Sirochman, New Jersey, USA

A: It's a thought, I'm not sure I'll really entertain it. I'm not sure what the rest of the band think either. Maybe they would hate the idea. I'll ask. It's an interesting question.

[news.bbc.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-20 22:44 by Smokey.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 20, 2008 23:27

yeah well ya know what!!! If he didnt quit on the stones in the first place to go play hole in the wall joints in the middle of nowhere he would still be adding to his great stones history

Date: December 20, 2008 23:37

melillo
yeah well ya know what!!! If he didnt quit on the stones in the first place to go play hole in the wall joints in the middle of nowhere he would still be adding to his great stones history

True...

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 20, 2008 23:44

Amsterdamned
melillo

True...

not known at all. many believe that he wouldn't have survived much longer living in that lifestyle. and many believe that the stones, without woody's diplomatic skills and ability to keep the band together, wouldn't have survived much longer, either.

Date: December 20, 2008 23:48

yeah but thats not why he left, he left to form a supergroup with jack bruce, that to put it lightly, flopped

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-20 23:53 by melillo.

Date: December 20, 2008 23:49

melillo
yeah but thats not why he left, he left to form a supergroup with jack bruce, that to out it lightly, flopped

i don't theeenk so....

Date: December 20, 2008 23:51

think again

Date: December 20, 2008 23:52

melillo
think again

i've thought about 6 times now....can i stop?

Date: December 20, 2008 23:54

only when you admit that post stones era taylor is a flop, and thats being kind

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1369
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home