Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Is Mick Taylor a possibility?
Posted by: clarkemf ()
Date: December 18, 2008 02:44

is it even possible to consider Mick Taylor appearing with the Stones ever again... what's the status of their relations?

Re: Is Mick Taylor a possibility?
Posted by: ERC6761 ()
Date: December 18, 2008 02:47

clarkemf
is it even possible to consider Mick Taylor appearing with the Stones ever again... what's the status of their relations?

really do feel as this topuc has been discussed many times and to do it again will be uneccesary and repetitious

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: December 18, 2008 02:54

Obviously not... try finding the bootleg of the Kansas City show back in 81' in which Taylors sits in with the band for almos t the whole show. And if you do please let me know. Yeah, thats the closest it will get, and ....oh yes the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony....

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 18, 2008 03:19

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dream on!

Date: December 18, 2008 03:27

come on we have beat this to death in like 400000000000000000000 other diaries!

sesriously dude!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 18, 2008 03:33

rumor has it the kansas city 81 show was pro shot , and many of those shows were filmed so it may not be a pipe dream

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 18, 2008 03:42

I thought the 81 KC sb with MT was easily available? Mine is both shows on Empress Valley 4 cd set. The MT show in sb the next night in ex aud.

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: December 18, 2008 04:18

i thought he was un-miked (hard to believe but that's what I've heard) and that's why Mick T played so loud in Kansas City and pissed Keith off. What's the truth?

Date: December 18, 2008 04:21

its been a long time since I listened to that show-I'm gonna dig that out tonight
but I remember SOMEBODY being kinda loud on some songs!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 18, 2008 09:54

Is there anyone on this forum who has footage of this '81 Kansas show ??

Posted by: Rufestone ()
Date: December 18, 2008 10:26

We Hoop So !!! ..

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: December 18, 2008 10:29

Oi! Clark your threads are useless mate. Grab a clue; and a DMB board for your kicks, please.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 18, 2008 10:57

Piss off.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: December 18, 2008 12:59

Maybe this subject has been discussed many times before but that's what you get on a forum like this, people dipping in and out and maybe they didn't see it being discussed the first second or 10th time.

If you don't want to talk about a subject then go into the thread, the title should give it away. Sorry to moan but this happens all the time.

Date: December 18, 2008 13:35

I'm just wondering why such a far fetched thing though. It just blows my mind that people insist on such an impossible thing, something that will never happen.

As if bringing Mick Taylor back will make the Stones sound great.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: December 18, 2008 13:44

skipstone
I'm just wondering why such a far fetched thing though. It just blows my mind that people insist on such an impossible thing, something that will never happen.

As if bringing Mick Taylor back will make the Stones sound great.

Maybe it won't make them sound great, but I don't see what's so impossible about it.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: December 18, 2008 13:48

The Kansas City show has been talked about in depth before.

Date: December 18, 2008 15:46

I'll pay top dollar for the Kansas City show.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: December 18, 2008 16:11

Great as it sounds, it would probably be quite difficult for all of those concerned to just pick up from where they left off from all those years ago, and would necessitate a more integral, committed and focussed approach to the way in which the Stones go about their musical arrangements.

Sadly, I doubt that such commitment exists anymore.

...nor will we ever get it back.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 18, 2008 17:50

He´s more than that,he´s alive and doing fine I hope.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: December 18, 2008 18:00

melillo
rumor has it the kansas city 81 show was pro shot , and many of those shows were filmed so it may not be a pipe dream

ALL the 1981 were video taped, and I think, ALL the 82 shows as well. I know where most of them are, but too expensive to buy....$20,000 plus.

JR

Date: December 18, 2008 18:07

Yeah, its the same place all the 81 sbs came from(audio gets let out cheaper than video, I guess??)

Date: December 18, 2008 18:08

It's quite simple - The Rolling Stones obviously have no thoughts at all about Mick Taylor. That should suffice as it being impossible. That boat sunk. A lot of people are still hoping it will float obviously when that thing is so far buried it's never gonna be found. As for why bother reading threat after thread about it? Partly because it's too funny not to and it proves just how insane people are - wishing for something of that magnitude with many different reasons and still getting the same results - NOTHING. That's insanity.

Oh yeah, people can wish. I get that. But it's borderline anorexic thought and a waste of time - it's time to stop wishing for the impossible. Mick Taylor joined them onstage in 1981? That's been the ONLY time he's done such a thing. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks he would bring if he came back to the band - it's not going to happen. At least the bitching about the warhorses heavy setlists is current, an on-going event. If Mick Taylor were to come back, he'd probably quit because of it being the same old songs. It wouldn't change anything. Charlie doesn't play like he used to back when they had that incredible energy of 1969-1973 that people love so much. So why would M Taylor coming back change anything? That's just crazy. Set list wise Mick Jagger is the only one to blame for that with his very shallow attitude towards doing something new but falling back on the band's laurels. They are still going, in various shapes of being active, good shows, bad shows, great performances, bad performances, not being like the Beach Boys on some tours, being like the Beach Boys on their most recent tours (that is, all the ABB tour legs).

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 18, 2008 18:13

the mick taylor threads are the best ones, as they bring out the true passion of rolling stones fans - MORE MICK TAYLOR THREADS, PLEASE!

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: December 18, 2008 18:15

I'd pay 20 grand for that KC show if you could "hear" Taylor playing..

And Skip doesn't know what he's talking about -NOTHING's impossible as long
as Taylor & Wyman are still around. All it would take is for Jagger to have a chance of heart, yeah I know - fat chance but stranger things have happened

such as: original Black Sabbath playing again after what Ozzie said about
Toni O. and Pink Floyd & Roger Waters... Only the Glimmers Twins know for sure..

Maybe Jagger will get pissed at the Faces reunion tour and get that 60/70's lineup together for a night to play music from the "golden Era".. Sticky Fingers,Exile on Main St, Goats Head Soup... Who Knows???????

MLC

Date: December 18, 2008 18:43

hmmmm...

Charlie and Mick begged Wyman not leave the band... Bill always shows up backstage at Wembly when ever they are playing there, never sat for a blues number.

I saw a M Taylor documentary - I think a BBC doc... in which he responded a question about the Stones with a slight bitterness - " I love them and I hate them" he said...

Shit happens. It took 15 years for Ronnie Wood to be an official bandmember (money wise) he was always paid less than the others. His perseveriance, his loyalty paid off... I hope Mick Taylor is not broke.

Check out M Taylor's solo on Keith's Talk is Cheap album... chemistry!!!

In the end we all should be thankful we had him for those five years. Sometimes a 26 yearold can make a stupid decision. We all make mistakes.

Date: December 18, 2008 18:50

I do know what I'm talking about - watch how time makes that come more and more true.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 18, 2008 18:57

"The Rolling Stones obviously have no thoughts at all about Mick Taylor."

And does MT have any thoughts about the Stones? Has there been any statements made of him wanting to re-join?

Date: December 18, 2008 19:04

he is missed by Keith too!

Date: December 18, 2008 19:04

Not that I've seen/read. Have you?

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home