Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Is Mick Taylor a possibility?
Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: December 18, 2008 19:15

Look this topic has been beat to death the chances of Mick Taylor or Bill Wyman ever appearing with the Stones again are about 0% I guess you never say never so thats why I say 0%. End of dicussion.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 18, 2008 19:17

Exactly - a whole lot of nuthin' nuthin' nuthin'.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: December 18, 2008 19:28

Ah, no, I do not think it is possible. And I am not even sure I would like to see the attempt. The band is quite comfortable with its grandoise, sloppy, self indulgent shows. It still sells tickets. Why bother with a change? It's much too late and much too much work for everyone.

However, when I day-dream about the subject it is not the old Taylor-era setlist that I would like to hear played, but the post-Taylor songs to hear what could have been. I can make a long list of songs that cry out for a decent solo.

A particular quirk of mine is the SG album. The general view is that it is a classic, but I would like to hear how Taylor would play it. We have one tantalizing example: the Beast of Burden performance from that KC show. Taylor plays a fun, simple little ditty that makes the song swing. It's my theory that Taylor's playing on that song sent Keith over the edge. You can hardly hear Taylor afterward. In any event, I feel Taylor's playing on that album would have made it what it isn't, musically interesting.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: December 18, 2008 19:32

AGAIN - have you guys personally asked the Glimmer Twins?? I don't think so

Listen to that clip of Keith - he still misses Taylor & Wyman

I'll never say never until one of the crew croaks...

And Albett - Taylor has said, many times he would like to "sit-in" with the
Stones not re-join, just a one/two shot deal - not too much to ask for from
the "old" Stones fans who remember what a "ass-kicking machine" they were in the early 70's.....

MLC

Date: December 18, 2008 19:33

Is there a link to this thing with Taylor in 1981 anywhere?

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: December 18, 2008 19:36

Well I'll put my foot on the door there pal... Beast Of Burden is the great example of Keith's and Ron's weaving practice. That tune is perfect as it is. To even think of scratching Ron's track on every post Taylor tune is freaky to me. Actually this whoel thread is a freak show... hehehe

Taylor focked up!!! Live with it.

Could someone send me this Kansas City Beast of Burden 81 ... I'd like to hear it very much ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-18 19:37 by Loudei.

Date: December 18, 2008 19:41

Very true - Taylor would have screwed up Beast Of Burden by playing a 7 minute solo over a 5 minute song...

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: December 18, 2008 19:53

It's not only a possibility it's actually a neccessity. Mick Taylor is the only one who can save The Stones at this point.

Posted by: no spare yaps ()
Date: December 18, 2008 19:58

pmk251

A particular quirk of mine is the SG album. The general view is that it is a classic, but I would like to hear how Taylor would play it. We have one tantalizing example: the Beast of Burden performance from that KC show. Taylor plays a fun, simple little ditty that makes the song swing. It's my theory that Taylor's playing on that song sent Keith over the edge. You can hardly hear Taylor afterward. In any event, I feel Taylor's playing on that album would have made it what it isn't, musically interesting.

He better never touch Shattered, and Some Girls is a "musically interesting" album. Geez.

Date: December 18, 2008 20:40

Personally I how "NOBODY" touches Shattered...

One of the worst songs the Stones ever came up with!!

MLC

Date: December 18, 2008 20:45

Ah, good ol' MLC....the Mick Taylor gaurdian angel. You must be able to smell a MT thread. Thats the only time you ever show up, is on a MT thread. Hows the vibrato?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-18 20:46 by no spare yaps.

Date: December 18, 2008 20:53

Taylor is not a possibility, not because of himself so much, but because its not 1974 anymore. He moved on, so did the Stones. Big deal. They still play major tours, Taylor still plays barns in Denmark. Everyone's happy, you know? Stones make millions, Taylor gets all the pizza he can eat.....good deal for all concerned.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 18, 2008 20:55

The thing is everytime someone even mentions ANY collaboration between MT and the Stones (and it would be sound great-how could it not?) the rant starts on the side of "never happen get over it" fanatics that just cant let someone comment on it even in passing!

Date: December 18, 2008 21:00

Someone please help me find this 81 Kansas City show... I want my Mick Taylor fix

Date: December 18, 2008 21:03

Thats because its never just in passing. You have the MT freaks who beat the dead MT horse.

This is never going to happen. They will never play together again. Get over it. It would be cool, but its not happening. Repeat: Its not happening. Now, back to the regularly scheduled MT should come back whine-a-thon, already in progress.

Oh yeah,one last thing: Its not going to happen.

Date: December 18, 2008 21:16

Thats not a fair statement because it IS made in passing alot-Its just my opinion that you proved my point. Of course my opinion aint no more important(and probably not as important than some) than anyone else here!
Loudei, you can d/l this show from Urbansteel(KC the 14th) but the artwork links seem dead. If you want to make sure its the right show first d/l the band intros and Jagger will introduce Taylor.

Date: December 18, 2008 21:24

This is a page ffrom Guitars101. I hope this is the MT show from '81.

[www.guitars101.com]

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: December 18, 2008 22:03

Duane in Houston
It's not only a possibility it's actually a neccessity. Mick Taylor is the only one who can save The Stones at this point.

Can you tell me what you mean and why, Duane?

Date: December 18, 2008 22:36

Actually, a vibrant set list is the only thing that can save the Stones at this point - as far as being a band that is doing new things. Licks is a good example - forget Don't Stop - they did some songs they never performed - and some they hardly ever performed - and really turned it up a notch I thought.

Bang was nowhere near as interesting of a set.

So. If they do do a new record let's hope for that to be played live, as well as maybe some more of the recent (1994 on - hey, maybe some of the other Bang tunes that didn't get aired - like Dangerous Beauty and It Won't Take Long, I was just so hoping they would crank those out night after night) tunes and some stellar tracks from, oh, I dunno, 1967 to 1983. No need for anything from 86 or 89.

And I'd love it, maybe once, if they actually did What To Do. I've always loved that song.

Date: December 18, 2008 22:51

Yaps - you need to get on the board more, I comment on all kinds of subjects,

it just so happens that I would like to see if the Taylor/Wyman lineup can
bring back that old spark that the current lineup could certainly use right
about now from what I've seen lately..

And your comments about how it's never gonna happen, well they said the same
thing about the Faces ever getting back together...

Keith LOVES Taylor's playing - never say never
Keith made it happen in KC in 1981, and Jagger was much more pissed at Taylor
then than now...

MLC

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 18, 2008 23:00

Loudei

he is missed by Keith too!
Hasn't this question been removed from Keith site?

Date: December 18, 2008 23:03

no spare yaps
This is a page ffrom Guitars101. I hope this is the MT show from '81.

[www.guitars101.com]

Its in Urbansteels posts right here.

Date: December 19, 2008 00:45

Keith says he misses Mick Taylor but only because he was asked. That doesn't suggest anything along the lines that he wants him to 'return' to the Stones.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 19, 2008 00:53

skipstone
Keith says he misses Mick Taylor but only because he was asked. That doesn't suggest anything along the lines that he wants him to 'return' to the Stones.

this is like a junior high-school breakup. maybe if they happen to run into each other at the malt shop they can patch things up and tell one another how much they've missed each other.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: December 19, 2008 00:53

Keith's comment: "Perhaps the pressure of work's too much for them"

When did Keith last have that problem?!

Was the Eagles' reforming ever a possibility?

- only if hell were to freeze over.

Well perhaps Global Warming and hell's freezing over are closely related.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 19, 2008 01:00

no spare yaps
Thats because its never just in passing. You have the MT freaks who beat the dead MT horse.

Oh yeah,one last thing: Its not going to happen.

Yes ,and thank you "spare ribs",don't get choked under the dead horse.

I doubt MTaylor wants to return,"he was bored to tears" in the end.

"If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it Mick Taylor"
Amsterdamned

Date: December 19, 2008 01:04

Ok I'll say this to maybe shine a light on the subject.

I never thought David Lee Roth would play with Van Halen again. HAHAHAH So this can happen. Ronnie goes off with Rod in the Faces reunion thing. Mick gets mad and fires Ronnie and invite Mick Taylor back... no wait that wouldn't happen because they would probably get Eric Clapton or Jimmy Page or some Jazz virtouso pro type ... HEHEHEH No wait Keith finally relents to the fact that his fingers are done and he can't play so he invites Taylor back and Keith will just sit on a couch on stage and sing more songs... No wait...

Date: December 19, 2008 01:08

Waddy before Talyor. No doubt at all about that one.

Date: December 19, 2008 01:19

HEE HEE Now I KNOW you are putting people on!

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: December 19, 2008 02:41

If such a reunion actually DID come off, I'd bet that none of Taylor's blinkered critics here, would turn down the opportunity of witnessing what would no doubt be the greatest gig of their lives.

Having degenerated into what is little more than a musical laughing stock and a travelling circus, the Stones have long been in need of someone with Taylor's expertise; partly to remind us all of what we've been missing, but also as a means of restoring credibility to their tarnished legacy.

A legacy that, through sheer greed, they stand accused of bringing into disrepute.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home