Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sync idea: Brown Sugar
Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: August 4, 2008 09:04

Do any of you syncmasters out there have the ability to sync the version of Brown Sugar from the Mad Shadows boot with a more convention version so as to fill out the sound?
The boot version is the complete song and is somewhat the same mix as found in the film Gimme Shelter, but lacks drums at the beginning of the song and lacks Keiths rhythm guitar throughout (if my memory serves me well...)
I have tried to do this myself but lack the expertise, patience and software....

Re: Sync idea: Brown Sugar
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: August 4, 2008 09:59

Do you mean syncing it with the offial release?

Don't think I have the BS from Mad Shadows, is it on any other boots you know of? Maybe you could post it & we could go from there.

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: August 5, 2008 00:21

well i think a sync with one channel of the official release (since the other channel has the sax, which was not part of the mix heard in "GIMME SHELTER" or on the Mad shadows boot)....OR, a sync with the earlier unreleased version which features a different Mick Taylor solo (that he also played regularly on the 72 tour)-this can be found on one of the Time Trip boots...
would do fine since the drums, bass, lead and background vocals are identical on all of these versions

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: August 5, 2008 00:41

thats kindas what I was talking about with the JJF suggestion elsewhere here. Man if I was smart enough to figure all this crap out I've got so many alt takes and backing tracks I would produce my own personal version of Hot Rocks!!!

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: August 5, 2008 09:22

My, this is going to be a challenge, I think I've got 5 versions apart from the official one. Trying to decide what the ultimate remix might be. Clapton's gotta be in there, Taylor's guitar solo, altho I don't like the arpeggios he plays @ the beginning of that version. Can't leave Bobby out...

The one prob may be the vocals, it may be a bit of a smorgasborg, a chorus of Micks

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: August 5, 2008 15:42

Yeah,vox! How about the out where Mick growls at the beginning and theres a chorus of "Brown sugar,brown suger sho tastes good" or something like that.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: August 6, 2008 07:49

i think the version from the gimmie shelter dvd and the sticky fingers version would sound good mixed together

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1612
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home