Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

searching for Seattle 1981 AUDIENCE recording for DVD dubbing
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 28, 2008 17:02

Hello, i have the 1981 Seattle DVD Still Life in Seattle from october, 15th 1981. the video quality is very good but the sound is distorted. i have a soundboard in much better quality and so i dubbed the sound of the CD perfectly with the DVD. But to have a sound with atmosphere, it would be great if someone has a very good audience recording of this show and could send it to me via ICQ oder something.

If someone is interest in the finished result then i will post it somewehere (in DVD quality)!

Thank you for your help!!!

Re: searching for Seattle 1981 AUDIENCE recording for DVD dubbing
Date: July 28, 2008 21:35

[www.gigasize.com]

here I have made a little clip for you that shows the difference between the original sound of Still Life in Seattle and the dubbed version with the better soundboard. sorry, but the original sound is only on the left channel. thats my fault but i don't want to make this snippet again. i speed corrected the soundboard because it ran a bit too fast. i hope you like it and if somebody has got an audience source and can give it to me, i will have a superior result

Date: July 29, 2008 20:30

is there really NOBODY who has it? it would be great to have a DVD with great sound.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 29, 2008 22:23

Some bootlegers upgraded the sound, and released under the title "Seattle Supersonic"....same title as the Empress Valley CD release. But if you ever finish the audience/SBD matrix, it sure will be interesting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-07-29 22:24 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: July 29, 2008 23:22

Hi,
I have a Seattle Oct. 15 DVD (Still live in Seattle, WOW-005 1/2) which lacks sound in a part of Beast of burden (disc 1) and also in Star star (disc 2). I always wondered if this had been the problem in the original recording. Or are you preparing a DVD with a complete soundtrack? If that will be the case I am very much intersted.
Good luck.
Alex.

Date: July 29, 2008 23:49

Yes alex star star and BOB are the complete versions and the sound quality is much better, but a bit steril, so an audience recording would be awesome. and thank you eric for the information with the upgraded version. i have wondered if nobody else has had the idea to improve the sound with the CD version.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: July 30, 2008 12:05

nice work,,intresting too,,to dub,,,it's not easy,,,,

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: July 30, 2008 16:05

Does an aud. recording even exist?

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: August 1, 2008 07:34

Erik_Snow
Some bootlegers upgraded the sound, and released under the title "Seattle Supersonic"....same title as the Empress Valley CD release. But if you ever finish the audience/SBD matrix, it sure will be interesting

Erik,

You mean the CD bootleg has improved sound over the Empress Valley version correct?

Is there an improved DVD over the "Still Life In Seattle"??

This gets so bloody confusing.

And while we are at it, is there an improved DVD version of "Stoned Screwed and Tattooed" the other Seattle show (Oct. 14)?

Is there an upgraded audio source of Oct. 14?

J

Date: August 1, 2008 11:25

JMARKO
Erik_Snow

Erik,

You mean the CD bootleg has improved sound over the Empress Valley version correct?

Is there an improved DVD over the "Still Life In Seattle"??

This gets so bloody confusing.

And while we are at it, is there an improved DVD version of "Stoned Screwed and Tattooed" the other Seattle show (Oct. 14)?

Is there an upgraded audio source of Oct. 14?

J

Hi J, no the Empress Valley CD is the best CD release together with DAC and Rattlensake...same quality on those 3.
But the WOW DVD "Still Life In Seattle" uses the "old version" of the audio, as found on for instance "Now We Need You More Than Ever" (VGP).
I did buy the WOW DVD when it was released, so I was disappointed when hearing about the improved DVDs that were hitting the market later on....the footage quality is the same though

No there's no improved versions of the Oct 14th show....no new audio has showed up; only that old distortet one.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: August 2, 2008 19:42

Erik_Snow
JMARKO
Erik_Snow

But the WOW DVD "Still Life In Seattle" uses the "old version" of the audio, as found on for instance "Now We Need You More Than Ever" (VGP).
I did buy the WOW DVD when it was released, so I was disappointed when hearing about the improved DVDs that were hitting the market later on....the footage quality is the same though

No there's no improved versions of the Oct 14th show....no new audio has showed up; only that old distortet one.

So this means there IS a better DVD version of Oct. 15th than the WOW "Still Life In Seattle"?

If so, please:

What is the title?
Has it been posted here?
Does it improve the 'drop outs'?

J

Date: August 4, 2008 02:31

JMarko, it's called "Seattle Supersonic" - as mentioned earlier.
And it's supposed to be the best audio combined with the footage as available on the WOW release.
Can't give you further info, as I don't have it....I got rid of my TV and DVD player 2 years ago, as I decided to read more books and listen to more records - therefor I'm not into upgrades of DVDs which I've allready spent time with.
Just make a request for the "Seattle Supersonic" DVD here, and I'm sure somebody will help you out....it was on Dime 2 years ago.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2091
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home