Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Post: She's A Rainbow Take 2 backing track with Vocals added
Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: July 30, 2008 21:28

This is a 320 kbps mp3:

[www.gigasize.com]

Enjoy! smiling smiley

Re: Post: She's A Rainbow Take 2 backing track with Vocals added
Date: July 30, 2008 21:54

I've similar outfakes if anyone is interested (Take 1 of '2000 Light Years From Home' with vocals is particularly good!).

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: July 31, 2008 10:49

Its good . Thank you
Please send 2000 lights

Date: July 31, 2008 11:12

Broesel2404
Its good . Thank you
Please send 2000 lights

Thanks...I'll post that tonight or tomorrow as I'm just about to go out for the day (I've a few others too such as The Lantern, Gomper & Citadel + a few Between The Buttons songs...all instrumental backing tracks with vocals added).

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: July 31, 2008 12:18

I'm looking forward

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: August 1, 2008 00:33

very cool many thanks

Date: August 1, 2008 00:49

ghostryder13
very cool many thanks

I must confess that it wasn't me who synced this track or '2000 Light Years From Home', but I think the person who did them did an amazing job & they don't appear to be widely circulated. I'll dig out a few more in the coming days...

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: August 1, 2008 07:14

Syncing trax is relatively easy with a decent audio editor. You just load one track into the top channel, load another into #2 channel, sync them up, press mixdown & you've got it. Given the numerous Satanic outtakes availble you could do tons of them

Date: August 1, 2008 11:21

vox12string
Syncing trax is relatively easy with a decent audio editor. You just load one track into the top channel, load another into #2 channel, sync them up, press mixdown & you've got it. Given the numerous Satanic outtakes availble you could do tons of them

I'm sure it is relatively easy with the right equipment & know-how, but it's still beyond my capabilities...

I don't normally like "outfakes" but because none of the may Satanic Majesties outtakes feature any vocals I think this is a worthwhile exercise.

I'll probably did another one out tonight.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: August 3, 2008 01:52

very cool! I have some Dave Alvin(from the Blasters) shows I got from live archives that used both aud and sb on the mix. Is that the way they do it? Also I wonder if the JJF vocals (from the no makeup promo thats different) could be synched with the great quality backing track JJF outtake? that would be cool since the quality of the promo isnt that great!

Posted by: JoeHill ()
Date: August 3, 2008 07:36

That was fun...thank you..

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: August 3, 2008 11:48

scottkeef
very cool! I have some Dave Alvin(from the Blasters) shows I got from live archives that used both aud and sb on the mix. Is that the way they do it? Also I wonder if the JJF vocals (from the no makeup promo thats different) could be synched with the great quality backing track JJF outtake? that would be cool since the quality of the promo isnt that great!

The prob is stripping the vocals off the JJF promo version. You can only do that if you have the original multi-track master tape. If we did have that then there would be no point in this exercise as we would have a first gen copy & you can't get better than that.

Date: August 3, 2008 16:06

OK, I really dont know much anything about this process but I thought that was the whole deal about the multi track fakes(like gimme shelter) that was raved about on here awhile back? You mean the masters were available for these thats already been done? I'm not trying to argue with ya-just trying to understand the process. Thanks!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 3, 2008 16:12

The gimme shelter multi tracks are different to this, they were taken from the guitar hero game or whatever it was, via some process that results in us having seperate tracks for bass , drums etc.

The outfakes being posted now feature earlier backing tracks|(which have no vocals) with the finished album version vocals put on top.

Date: August 3, 2008 17:06

thanks His Majesty, I understand what you're saying(I think!) but if thats the case couldnt the promo vocals be mixed with the "backing track" of JJF thats on so many boots? Or am I still not getting it?(I can be pretty slow sometimes!)

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 3, 2008 17:12

Well, there is the JJF studio version that only has the backing vocals, completely separating the lead vocals from the promo video versions would be hard though.

Date: August 3, 2008 19:07

Yeah, I'm sure it would take a whole lot more "smarts" than I have!! Would sound cool though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1382
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home