Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Get yer ya yas out apple acetate
Posted by: jstger6969 ()
Date: July 9, 2008 01:08

Hi All,
I'm a newbe here and very happy to share in this great site. I'm looking for a lossless copy of the GYYYO apple acetate version. could someone point me in the right direction? also I have copies of several mono edition ABKCO CDs I got in trades a few (Many) years ago,if there is any interest I'd love to post links for them here.
Thanks
J-

Re: Get yer ya yas out apple acetate
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: July 9, 2008 14:45

[cgi.ebay.com]

Here is a real cd. Its a reissue, as the original has a different cover. Back cover is the same though.

JR

Posted by: stones69 ()
Date: July 9, 2008 16:13

Welcome to iorr, jstger6969! I take it that you're a fan of the '69 NA tour?

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: July 9, 2008 23:06

[www.sendspace.com]

The Rolling Stones-1969- Apple Acetate.mp3

Posted by: jstger6969 ()
Date: July 10, 2008 00:41

Thank You for the welcome. Yes I enjoy the 69 tour. I'm an all around fan of live music and have been a collector for almost 30 years. I actually enjoy all periods of the stones live. and I have a few silvers in my collection. I've been looking for this version of GYYYO for many years, we used to have the actual vinyl at a record shop I worked at in the mid to late 80s, The owner specialized in vintage Elvis, Beatles And the Stones which is where I got most of my silvers from. I copied it to tape but it has been lost over the years. Thanks all

Posted by: stones69 ()
Date: July 10, 2008 16:26

It's a shame that the GYYYO silver was lost. I would have loved to work at a record shop that sold boots back then. I worked at one called Penguin Feather; bought alot of records but no boots!

Re: Get yer ya yas out Abkco Release
Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: July 21, 2008 07:43

Did anybody notice that one measure of music is missing on the introduction of Stray Cat Blues. If you listen to the album version (or any cd release before 2003) there is clearly two measures of guitar..on the second measure Charlie Watts does a little drum fill and then goes into the beat. On the Remastered version there is only one measure of guitar,no drum fill..just straight into the beat..The question is why? All of a sudden almost 40 years later the intro is no good?...Well that's ABKCO..Who knows why they do what they do!! Nobody in the record industry that I know can figure it out! Here they have one of the Greatest Rock bands of all time and they treat them like a second class act!!They continue to repackage the same crap over and over again..and at the same time not allow anyone to hear or see their massive outakes of audio AND video collection. What a bunch of MORONS!!! LETS FACE IT FOLKS..ABKCO IS THE FUC##n WORST RECORD COMPANY EVER!!! THEY SUCK!! ITS BEEN OVER 40 YEARS AND WE STIL DON'T HAVE ALL OF THE STEREO VERSIONS,THE PROMO FILMS,THE MOVIE CHARLIE IS MY DARLING OR ANY OUTAKES FROM 64-67. ALL WE HAVE IS A FEW OUTAKES FROM THE 68 SESSIONS..OH YEA AND LEAST WE NOT FORGET...REMIXES OF I'M FREE AND SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL WITH FAT BOY SLIM AND THE NEPTUNES...WHAT A BUNCH OF A-HOLES...INSTEAD OF WASTING TIME MAKING REMIXES THESE INCOMPETENT LOSERS SHOULD BE WORKING ON A 60S TV APPEARANCES DVD OR POSSIBLY REMASTERING ALL THE MISSING STEREO VERSIONS(SATISFACTION & GET OFF MY CLOUD..FOR STARTERS) OR HOW ABOUT GIVING THE FANS SOME OUTAKES OF THE BIG HITS..BUT NOOOO!! FAT BOY SLIM IS GOING TO SELL RECORDS...OR HOW ABOUT PUTTING OUT THE FILM CHARLIE IS MY DARLING WITH BONUS FOOTAGE...SURELY PETER WHITEHEAD FILMED THE ENTIRE SHOW..HELL IT WAS PROBABLY ONLY 20-30 MINUTES LONG....HEY ABKCO....IT'S 2008..WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR? IF YOU WAIT ANY LONGER...SOON NO ONE WILL CARE!! GET IT TOGETHER....PLEASE HIRE SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS THE HISTORY OF THE BAND!!!IT'S OBVIOUS...YOU DON'T....NOR DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE FANS WANT!!!GIVE IT UP!!!JUST SELL THE COLLECTION TO SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT TO DO WITH IT....SERIOUSLY ABKCO..HAVING YOU IN CHARGE OF THIS BAND'S RECORDINGS IS ABSOLUTELY FRUSTRATING AND PAINFUL...YOU CONTINUE TO DISAPPOINT THE FANS AND EMBARASS YOURSELVES...AS THE SONG SAYS..WE ARE WAITING!!OH YEA..OH YEA

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 22, 2008 01:50

Amen,brother! ABKCO sucks big donkey ass!

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: July 22, 2008 19:31

didn't abkco fix that mistake with S.C.B. on later releases?

Re: Get yer ya yas out Abkco Release
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: July 22, 2008 22:03

Soul Survivor-I saw your post and laughed my ass off- not because I disagree with you but because you are so right on! I mean, how many more years do we (especially older) Stones fans have to wait before the vaults open up and some of these treasures get released???? It is totally ridiculous! I don't know if the folks at ABKCO are just dicks or if they can't release any of these recordings without incurring legal repercussions from the Stones camp (I'm certain there are more knowedgeable folks on this site that know more about this topic than me),but what are you waiting for?

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 22, 2008 23:56

Yeah,whats Klein waitin on,the greedy old fart!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1134
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home