Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Manchester gig 1973
Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: March 15, 2008 14:15

I downloaded "@#$%&"preporting to come from Manchester 1973,the sound is terrific,anybody out there knows anything about the source ? thanks

Re: Manchester gig 1973
Date: March 16, 2008 14:18

I think I got this one wrong,Newcastle 73,any ideas?

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: March 16, 2008 18:17

i guess it's newcastle ,,there is 3 tracks in soundboard ,

Date: March 16, 2008 20:57

thanks vancouver,anybody out there know what the other two tracks are and are they available?

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: March 16, 2008 21:02

The two tracks are Brown Sugar and Angie. All three of them are available.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: March 16, 2008 23:37

[www.dimeadozen.org]
Unfortunately no seeders anymore. I can't seed it again since I have deleted the files.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-16 23:39 by midnrambler.

Date: March 17, 2008 00:17

[www.sendspace.com]

ASOS-15 Brown Sugar(newcastle 73).mp3

[www.sendspace.com]

ASOS-16 @#$%&(newcastle 73).mp3

[www.sendspace.com]

ASOS-18 Angie(newcastle 73).mp3

Date: March 17, 2008 09:03

thanks vancouver,anybody out there know what the other two tracks are and are they available?

here tis

Date: March 17, 2008 12:49

nice one,thanks

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: March 18, 2008 22:31

Hi Guys I think VGP-021 is reportedly
Live at Kings Hall Belle Vue Manchester september 12 1973.
tracks
1 , Brown Sugar 8 , Dancing With MrD
2 , Gimmie Shelter 9 , Doo Doo Heartbreaker
3 , Happy 10 , Midnight Rambler
4 , Tumbling Dice 11 , Honky Tonky Women
5 , Star Star 12 , All Down The Line
6 , Angie 13 , Rip This Joint
7 , You Can't Always Get What You Want

This information is off a copy of the back cover , I don't have the cdr to hand but I think it is meant to be accurate.
I'm pretty sure Erik- Snow knows a bit more about it , if he reads this thread he might enlighten us all

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: March 19, 2008 01:04

Its Really hard to believe that The Stones didn't record more of these shows..or that there weren't more radio broadcasts ....that would lead to the shows being saved or taped of the radio. What shocks me about the lack of soundboards from the Mick Taylor era is that the Stones were supposedly thinking about releasing a live album at the time...Where are all the recorded material for this live album ?

I have another question...During the movie 25x5 there is a clip of the Stones rehearsing ..Mick Taylor is wailing ...I wonder if the music is live or dubbed..Has anyone ever seen what i am talking about?

Soulsurvivor

Date: March 19, 2008 21:04

I havnt seen 25x5 in years,I remember it was great.Another one never released on dvd

Posted by: kream ()
Date: March 19, 2008 21:15

pike bishop
...Another one never released on dvd

i saw it ripped from VHS to DVD format and torrented at public tracker

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-19 21:19 by kream.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: March 20, 2008 04:26

Manchester sep12 1973 was up recently @ dime, torrent seems to be dead tho

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: March 21, 2008 19:10

soulsurvivor1
Its Really hard to believe that The Stones didn't record more of these shows..or that there weren't more radio broadcasts ....that would lead to the shows being saved or taped of the radio. What shocks me about the lack of soundboards from the Mick Taylor era is that the Stones were supposedly thinking about releasing a live album at the time...Where are all the recorded material for this live album ?

Soulsurvivor

In the vaults. That's why we keep screaming about opening the vaults. I know certain gigs were recorded in '72, and at some point during the '70's, the band started recording every gig. I've heard that the legendary Charlotte performance of '72 was responsible for that. Rumor is that they were so great in Charlotte and the whole band felt they'd given one of their best performances ever, that they decided from that point on to record every show they played. I don't know how true that is but I do know that they eventually started recording all of their gigs if only for their own use.

We know (sorta) that both Ft. Worth and both Houston shows from '72 are sitting in the vaults in their complete soundboard form. And I think it's safe to say that all three Philadelphia shows were recorded, seeing as how portions from all three of them circulate in soundboard quality. Also, we know Pittsburgh was recorded by somebody, and that they last New York show (7/26) was recorded. How many other shows were recorded is unclear. I've heard that Los Angelos and Boston and maybe Detroit were recorded as well but it's unverified.

We know that at least three gigs were professionally recorded from the '73 Winter tour (Perth 2/24, Sydney 2/26 and 2/27/73) and we also know of a few shows from the '73 European tour that were professionally recorded (Wembley 9/9, Newcastle 9/13 1st show, Rotterdam 10/14 2nd show, Brussels 10/17/73 1st and 2nd shows).

I'm guessing that many more professional soundboard recordings are sitting in the vaults. I'm guessing all the Wembley '73 shows were recorded.

Posted by: mikey ()
Date: March 21, 2008 20:44

"Dancing With Mr D" and "Midnight Rambler" are the other two tracks but I've only come across "Midnight Rambler" on the CD "A Decade of Jumping Jagger on Stage" in mono as opposed to all the other tracks which are all in stereo.

Date: March 21, 2008 22:39

eye rolling smiley"A Decade of Jumping Jagger on Stage"

tell me more bout that album .

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: March 22, 2008 01:55

This is all the info I could find vancouver, can't find any artwork

A Decade Of Jumping Jagger On Stage
2 CD
Stoneage Music SAM 001
Compilation of live recordings from the 60s and 70s. Additional cardboard case around the jewel case.

Date: March 22, 2008 09:49

thanks !smiling smiley

Date: March 22, 2008 09:50

Date: March 22, 2008 13:19

yeah its a bummer,if the grateful dead can release perfect recordings,why cant the stones.the mick taylor era is sadly bereft and lacking.lets face it we (the fans )would buy them.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: March 25, 2008 19:00

Angie, @#$%& and Midnight rambler from Newcastle 1973 are included on the second CD of BRUSSELS AFFAIR - DEFINITIVE EDITION. All three songs are soundboard but in MONO and come from a KBFH broadcast. But Midnight rambler is terrific, and a welcome different version to the famous Brussels version.

I know of no other soundboard recordings of the Tour of Europe 1973 than those included on BRUSSELS AFFAIR - DEFINITIVE EDITION (Star star on CD 1, however, is from a 1976 concert!) and those on THE JEAN CLARKE MEMORIAL SONIC BARBECUE (live recordings from Hamburg and Essen).

Posted by: dph ()
Date: March 26, 2008 04:15

saltoftheearth
Angie, @#$%& and Midnight rambler from Newcastle 1973 are included on the second CD of BRUSSELS AFFAIR - DEFINITIVE EDITION. All three songs are soundboard but in MONO and come from a KBFH broadcast. But Midnight rambler is terrific, and a welcome different version to the famous Brussels version.

I know of no other soundboard recordings of the Tour of Europe 1973 than those included on BRUSSELS AFFAIR - DEFINITIVE EDITION (Star star on CD 1, however, is from a 1976 concert!) and those on THE JEAN CLARKE MEMORIAL SONIC BARBECUE (live recordings from Hamburg and Essen).
The mono Newcastle and London '73 SB tracks exist in 2 recordings. One is better than the other. For some reason Midnight Rambler is only in the worse one. I'd like to know the origin of either version.

There is also a fairly low-fi SB of the 2nd Brussels show, incomplete on the Midnight Beat "Stars in the Sky" CD. Hamburg and Essen there are not SB, they are excellent audience dubbed from the "Sonic BBQ" LP you mention.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1459
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home