Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hot Rocks US CD
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: November 15, 2007 13:14

One question: I've not this US edition of Hot Rocks in CD format. I've read in Aeppli Guide and in Zentgraf Works that it contains some different versions of the tracks included in the vinyl. An example is Paint It Black that, according to Zentgraf (check the RCA session of march 6-9 1966) is supposed to be an extended version.
Anybody has this CD and can confirm it?

Note: I'm not referring to the Shelly vinyl containing the demo of Brown sugar and Wild horses. I've this record but this is another story.

Re: Hot Rocks US CD
Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: November 15, 2007 21:05

the 2002 remaster now has the shorter stereo version but the 1986 release has the longer version

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 15, 2007 23:10

speaking of hot rocks, I wonder why the "digitally remastered " later vinyl release used the "Time Is On My Side" from 12x5 and not the single version like the orignal. ruins the whole thing!

Date: November 17, 2007 18:25

Sorry , I need to be enlightened.
Shorter version means shorter repect to the originals? or the longer version is longer than the original?
In other words, I must find the 1986 edition otr the 2002 remaster in order to find the different versions?

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: November 18, 2007 03:48

the stereo version is about 25 seconds shorter than the mono version

Date: November 18, 2007 12:27

Thanks ghost; I'll try to find this CD.

Date: November 18, 2007 17:31

The long version is also on Forty Licks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1494
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home