Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Best Sounding '72 Boot
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 22, 2007 19:22

Which has the best, most professional, sound quality? What's the latest versions of these?

I've heard recommended "You Can't Do That (VGP-314), "Keep Your Motor Running", "Very Ancient Thank You Kindly", and a Sister Morphine release of a 72 compilation.

Anything new out there? Anything better than the above mentioned ones? If not, which of those are best?

Thanks!

Re: Best Sounding '72 Boot
Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: May 22, 2007 19:45

You Can't Do That, Baby is posted here, so you can judge that one for yourself: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: May 22, 2007 19:47

I like You Can't Do That, Baby. The boot Lonestar Shooters, one of the Fort Worth 2nd show releases (I think SM) is also very nice. Then, various compilations have the songs from 7/20 Philadelphia that sound like they were mixed for radio. See Trapo's Post re: Touring Party Vol II,Philadelphia Special.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-05-22 19:49 by texas fan.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 22, 2007 20:07

I'd go with the Philly shows

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: May 23, 2007 06:14

Philly wins it for sure. Then after that it's Vancouver (nice and sloppy with rare Exile tracks on it).

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 23, 2007 16:27

I found a download of You Can't Do That Baby that sounds excellent! It is 256 mbps mp3. If anyone knows an even better source, even better!

Thanks for all your input.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: May 25, 2007 18:45

"You Can't Do That Baby" is from the Ladies and Gentlemen soundtrack, so obviously it's from Ft. Worth and Houston. It sounds great. My copy however is mp3 sourced and I'm looking for an upgrade. Someone said a couple of weeks ago that they would post it in FLAC files but I haven't seen it yet.

"Keep Your Motor Running" will probably be the best soundwise. The '72 portion of this boot is the unreleased live album from the tour, already overdubbed and mixed for radio. Not sure if the radio broadcast mixes were the final mixes but I would say not because you can barely hear Stevie Wonder on "Uptight/Satisfaction".

"Philadelphia Special" and "Ft. Worth Express" are both good soundboard recordings but not quite as good soundwise as the first two recordings that I mentioned. But they're still must have bootlegs, as is "Welcome To New York."

There are various compilations like the "1972 Decca Unreleased Live Album" (bullshit title) and "Very Ancient, Thank You Kindly" but all the material on these releases are available elsewhere in equal or better quality (the Philly tracks on "Very Ancient" run too fast for example).

There are also a few multi-disc compilations like "Plug In Flush Out" and "Touring Party" that have compiled all the Ladies and Gentlemen material, plus the Philadelphia, Ft. Worth, and New York recordings. These are the most encompassing of the '72 releases, but they don't have the best sound for all of the material. For example, the Philly material sounds very good on "Plug In Flush Out", but the Ladies and Gentlemen material (probably taken from "Dragon Slayers") is not very good at all and is available in far better quality elsewhere.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: May 25, 2007 20:16

the philly 21 2nd..sounds not so good on touring party,(little muddy sound)

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: May 26, 2007 06:25

Tumblin_Dice_07 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "You Can't Do That Baby" is from the Ladies and
> Gentlemen soundtrack, so obviously it's from Ft.
> Worth and Houston. It sounds great. My copy
> however is mp3 sourced and I'm looking for an
> upgrade. Someone said a couple of weeks ago that
> they would post it in FLAC files but I haven't
> seen it yet.
>

I've also been looking for a FLAC version of that one, but so far with no luck. Please let me know if you locate it on a torrent site or something

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: May 26, 2007 19:27

Sohoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> I've also been looking for a FLAC version of that
> one, but so far with no luck. Please let me know
> if you locate it on a torrent site or something

Will do. Somebody on this board said they were going to upload it in FLAC format but that was like 3 weeks ago or something and it hasn't happened yet.

The problem with this recording (or any other version of the Ladies and Gentlemen soundtrack) is that many torrent sites won't let it be uploaded because they claim it was released officially. I don't see what the big deal is though because you can't buy it officially, so the artist is not losing money if the audio (or video) from this movie is torrented. Yes it was released officially, but it was only shown in theaters 33 YEARS AGO!!!! You can't go out to a store and buy it so what's the big deal? I wish the mods at DIME would wake up and stop banning any torrents that have any "Ladies and Gentlemen" songs on it.

Posted by: brass olive ()
Date: May 27, 2007 10:14

Pittsburgh is also excellent.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2540
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home