Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: Bol ()
Date: May 2, 2007 16:29

As requested here is the mighty 'Oo from Newcastle Odeon 30th October 1971

Disc 1
I Can't Explain [www.sendspace.com]
Substitute [www.sendspace.com]
Summertime Blues [www.sendspace.com]
My Wife [www.sendspace.com]
Baba O'Riley [www.sendspace.com]
Bargain [www.sendspace.com]
Behind Blue Eyes [www.sendspace.com]
Won't Get Fooled Again [www.sendspace.com]

Disc 2
Magic Bus [www.sendspace.com]
Overture [www.sendspace.com]
Amazing Journey/Sparks [www.sendspace.com]
Pinball Wizard [www.sendspace.com]
See Me Feel Me (fades out) [www.sendspace.com]

This is not complete as Baby Don’t You Do It is missing after WGFA and (probably) the My Generation/Naked Eye finale

Re: Post: The Who Newcastle 1971
Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: May 2, 2007 16:33

Thanks for this, I didnt have it. BTW, Baby Dont you do it is the only song missing from the recording:
Approximate Length: 90m

Sound Quality: A clear audience recording that cuts at the end of the Tommy set.

Song List: I Can't Explain, Substitute, Summertime Blues, My Wife, Baba O'Riley, Bargain, Behind Blue Eyes, Won't Get Fooled Again, Baby Don't You Do It, Magic Bus, Overture, Amazing Journey, Sparks, Pinball Wizard, See Me Feel Me (cuts).

Details: A decent show from the U.K. tour, captured well in this recording. Townshend again comments on the 'Baba O'Riley' backing tape, saying they'd been waiting for the day they'd stop playing before it finished, and this was it. 'Bargain' is tremendous here, but guitar mishaps in 'Behind Blue Eyes' (brief mistake) and 'Won't Get Fooled Again' (tuning problems) are fairly noticeable. 'Magic Bus' includes a tacked-on interlude reminiscent of the Tommy era jams, with Townshend going as far as changing the key entirely. The recording cuts during 'See Me, Feel Me'.

While Im here, does anyone have any other Who requests? I dont have many studio outtakes (they seem to hard to come by with the Who, and those available are now official releases for the most part).

Date: May 2, 2007 17:26

Where did you get the information about this show Happy Jack?

Do you have the Chicago 79 (8th December) soundboard? I have this as a very good audience but I understand that the soundboard is now in circulation.

Posted by: FullTilt ()
Date: May 2, 2007 17:38

Thanks for the post Bol.
Any links for covers?

Date: May 2, 2007 18:12

I do have artwork but no means of scanning it.

Date: May 2, 2007 18:29

What is the title of this?

Date: May 2, 2007 19:35

The title I have is Amazing Journey - Live at Odeon Cinema Newcastle. There is at least one other title called 'Amazing journey' which is the excellent quality 1969 Amsterdam Opera House show.

Posted by: Lucab12 ()
Date: May 2, 2007 19:52

Here is some info

[www.thewho.net]

Date: May 2, 2007 21:01

Thank you for the info.

Date: May 3, 2007 04:31

[www.geocities.com] I got it from this page. Ive done some trading with him: hes pretty good at what he does. I do have the chicago show, although im not sure if mine is in soundboard. if it is its not a clean soundboard.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 3, 2007 05:51

Happy Jack,

Do you have the Monterey Pop Festival show? or anything from the tour from I think 1989?

Date: May 3, 2007 06:04

I do have monterey, but again Im not sure cause i think its technically a legit release. If anyone can tell me otherwise Ill post it. As for 1989, I dont have anything from that tour, as im not a big fan of it (pete giving away lead guitar duties and playing acoustic?; an overall too 80s sound?).

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 3, 2007 06:37

Happy Jack,

I don't think that they had a official release of Monterey. There may have been a compilation of tracks from the various bands at the festival but a dedicated release I'm not totally sure. What is the setlist from your source?

Now didn't Pete pass off lead on the Quadrophenia tour in 1996. I saw the 89 tour in Buffalo and he played lead. I think they had that pay per view show from Toronto when they "retired".

I also saw them in Toronto in I think 1979 with the Ramones and Heart opening at CNE stadium. I'll have to check my stubs.

What do you consider to be their best boots?

Date: May 3, 2007 17:03

Ill post monterey later today. He did pass off lead in 1996, but then gradually took it back over when he started playing electric again.
As far as the best boots go:
Maximum BBC (better than the official BBC sessions)
New York 1968 (Incomplete soundboard, pre-tommy)
St. Charles 1968 (a rare club from the pre-tommy days, not great sounding, but good sounding for the era)
Woodstock 69
Amsterdam 69 (this one is up here [www.guitars101.com]
Theres an equally good Floyd Boot from the same venue two weeks earlier

Live at Leeds Complete (worth it for the entire Leeds show unedited)
Dayton 71 (an incomplete, though excellent audience recording from the first leg of the US tour in 71)
Detroit 73 (a good audience recording [probably the best from the tour] of a quadrophenia show)
Spectrum 73 (radio broadcast, incomplete quad show)
Houston 75
Toronto 75 and 76

These are the best from the moon era. I have very few boots from beyond that though. (i only have chicago 79 and a handful of shows from 82 to speak from).

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: May 3, 2007 19:33

these are intresting ,,,thanks !

Posted by: whowie ()
Date: May 25, 2007 09:32

Hi Happy jack

Could you please upload Dayton 71 and Detroit 73?

I'm really curious about those recordings.

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: May 25, 2007 21:50

these are intresting ,,,thanks !

Date: May 27, 2007 06:31

Can anyone repost the Newcastle 1971 show? Files have expired. Much appreciated.

Date: May 27, 2007 09:06

so sorry to everyone who asked me to post shows. I saw this thread disappear awhile ago, and didnt see the requests. Im on "holiday" (to use the european term) for another couple days so on tuesday or wendsday Ill try and post dayton 71 and detroit 73.

Posted by: whowie ()
Date: May 27, 2007 09:38

No problem Happy Jack and thanks.

Have a nice holiday.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1386
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home