Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How to Convert Flac Files?
Posted by: KWhinos ()
Date: February 5, 2007 06:09

How do you convert .Flac Files to .Wav or MP3?

Thanks

Re: How to Convert Flac Files?
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: February 5, 2007 06:36

All you need to know about flac, flac frontend is the (free) app you need to convert to wav, from there you can convert to whatever

[flac.sourceforge.net]

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 5, 2007 07:34

There's also another program called "Switch" which allows conversion of flac to wav, mp3, etc. It's what I use and fairly easy to work with. You can also play flac files using the WinAmp player without converting the flac files.

Posted by: iggy.pop ()
Date: February 5, 2007 15:26

You can also use dbPowerAmp. It's free and easy.

Date: February 6, 2007 05:27

iggy.pop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can also use dbPowerAmp. It's free and easy.

Is this a Coverter? And Also I downloaded Switch a while ago and the same night I downloaded it I got a Virus and My Computer Crashed.

Posted by: iggy.pop ()
Date: February 6, 2007 10:27

KWhinos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> iggy.pop Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You can also use dbPowerAmp. It's free and
> easy.
>
>
> Is this a Coverter? And Also I downloaded Switch a
> while ago and the same night I downloaded it I got
> a Virus and My Computer Crashed.

Yes, it's a converter.
You can find it here [[url=http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm]www.dbpoweramp.com[/url]]
and all the codec you find are here [[url=http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm]dbpoweramp Codec-Central[/url]]

Posted by: JJFlash88 ()
Date: February 6, 2007 21:14

Heres how to convert them: DON'T...YOU ARE RUINING THE MUSIC!

Date: February 6, 2007 23:44

I agree : don't convert flac to mp3 (unless it's for personal use for some reason i.e. don't spread mp3 at all) but,to listen away from a computer,you need to convert the flac's to WAV.The best program for that is Flac Frontend.See the second post.

Date: February 7, 2007 01:06

I Want to convert to WAV not MP3. I have FLAC Frontend but I dont understand how to work it? When I put in the Files I want to Convert do I then Hit decode or what?

Date: February 7, 2007 01:14

That's it.Then you just wait for it to finish.

Date: February 7, 2007 02:20

When I do that a little box comes up that says "Flac.exe not found"?

Date: February 7, 2007 02:30

I've never had that happen to me.It must mean that there is a problem with the particular flac file that you're trying to decode.Try adding a different flac file from your documents and see if it will work.You should see the black flac logo next to the name of the file.If it still doesn't work,maybe it's the way your computer is set up but,I couldn't tell you for sure.

Date: February 7, 2007 02:32

You can't convert the torrent file until you download it using a program like U Torrent.

Date: February 7, 2007 02:35

Ive been downloading Posts on HotStuff that are in Flac and none of them work. I could convert them using Switch But the night I downloaded Switch my Computer crashed so I dont want to go back to that.

Date: February 7, 2007 02:58

The flac files from this page many times are inside of a zip folder so,you first have to get them out of the zip folder.Sometimes I have problems with the zip folders such as invalid files etc.I mainly use Dime A Dozen and Rocks Off and never have problems with them.(They're the ones in torrent files instead of zip folders.)I was able to get MSG 1-16-'03 (Three Flicks audio flacs from Urban Steel) to work a few days ago.I just unzipped the folder with a program called 7-Zip File Manager and then converted the flacs to WAV with Flac Frontend.All of the programs I mentioned in this thread are free and have been safe for me.I hope this helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-07 02:59 by Theif in the Night.

Date: February 7, 2007 03:00

Ya I can UnZip them and all that I just cant Convert them to listen

Date: February 7, 2007 03:11

I think Im just gonna download Switch and hope it wasnt that that caused it last time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1916
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home