Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question - Laptops
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 1, 2007 14:44

Exscuse my lack of understanding about downloading etc,

But i am debating to buy a laptop for personnal use and hopefully download some cd & hopefully dvds, are laptops any good for such operations and would anybody recommend any good deals and providers for broadbands for the UK.

thanks

Re: Question - Laptops
Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: February 1, 2007 16:57

Hi,

I don't know providers for broadbands for the UK but i suggest you take a look for best prices for notebooks at:

www.dell.com

Dell only sells vie internet and via phone calls, so you can get nice prices!

Posted by: Habemi ()
Date: February 1, 2007 17:44

Hai Odean73,

I bought an ASUS A7M two months ago, great deal!
17" screen, 120 Gb harddisk, wireless, perfect to download, watch movies, listen to the Kings of rock and Roll, burn disks in double layer, light scribe etc.

I bought it for 850 euro's. Good offer.

Check www.4Lauch.nl for it. Guess the same opportunity is applicable in the UK

Sincerely,

Habemi

'Till the next time we say goodbye'

Date: February 1, 2007 18:05

Hi Argentino & Habemi,

Thanks for the advice and will check those sites out.

Regards

Posted by: drake ()
Date: February 1, 2007 18:14

Laptops are amazing. Right now I am running a Dell Inspiron E1505... Intel Core 2 Duo (2GHz each), 2 Gigs of RAM, widescreen monitor (currently running at 1440x900 resolution and an ATI Mobility Radeon graphics card w/256MB of onboard RAM. I'm thrilled with it. Originally I purchased my Inspiron about 4 years ago, and I extended the warranty out as long as possible (2008). So basically when it starts to fail Dell will just repair or replace my laptop. I use my laptop like a desktop workstation so I've had my computer replaced twice over the past 4 years, which is abnormal. If you're going with a laptop I would recommend a Dell with an extended warranty.

-Drake

Posted by: johnh ()
Date: February 1, 2007 20:13

As far as broadband providers go I have used virgin.net for my provider for more than 10 years now and not had any problems at all. You hear other horror stories on availability and speed etc but i'd go with virgin.net anytime. Check it out at [www.virgin.net]
cheers
john h

Date: February 2, 2007 11:20

Thanks Drake, & Johnh,

I will have a look at dell, and can see where youa re coming from on the warranty side.

The broadband is a minefield and as you say with the horror stories & everything i know eventually i will have to make the plunge i think virgin is monthly contracts?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home