Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Boots Question
Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: January 11, 2007 19:28

Many of you must have many boots as I do. As my memory fails me too often on what I have I,m dld and burning too many boots that I already have. Partly because it,s too time consuming checking what I,ve got and some boots come under different names. How do you guys and girls do it. Some kind of database you make?
Any help is much appreciated.

Re: Stones Boots Question
Posted by: Shotaway2 ()
Date: January 11, 2007 20:01

I had the same question long ago.

I made an Excel spreadsheet with the following information:
Artist
Date
# of Discs
File Format (mp3,flac,etc..)
Bitrate kbps
Quality (audience,soundboard,FM, etc..)
Artwork (front and/or back)
Disc Number
Comments

Using this sheet, I can quickly see what I have already and which disc to find it on. I would also recommend adding a column on the spreadsheet noting the manufacturer and their catalog/disc number. There are quite a few boots with the same title, but from completely different shows.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: January 11, 2007 20:05

ain't got no database ,,but

studio versions of a songs,,it would be good with database

1 rec date first or sec version. or third 2 on withch boots they are on..
and time running..

studio outtakes are often on various boots..(many not in cronlogical order,)

good idea ??

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 11, 2007 20:08

I wish there was a logical, chronilogical studio outtake list. And by that I mean outtake SONGS, not 40 million different versions of Citadel.

Date: January 11, 2007 20:18

Nice idea. I,ll try it. Thanks.

Date: January 11, 2007 20:29

You're welcome!

Please do it! Maybe it'll make the URBAN STEEL MEGA DOWNLOAD HAPPY CENTRE!!!!!

Date: January 11, 2007 21:26

A good example is today I ld 15 Kicks-Secret Club Gig. Only to discover later I already had it as Rock The Palais. But one has two bonus tracks on. But you get my drift. I wish to avoid this in future. Is it easy to make a database? I would like a system where I could type in the boot name, and if I already have it, it would tell me. Rather like looking for a file in Word processor. Rock on.

Date: January 11, 2007 21:32

I think your best bet is to stick with...

URBAN STEEL'S HAPPY EASY AWESOME ALWAYS UPDATED ALWAYS AVAILABLE DOWLOAD THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: January 11, 2007 21:39

LOL

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: January 11, 2007 23:15

I just make a list......I don't bother with bootleg titles....I'm not really interested in them anyhow..I just want the music so I make my list using dates..I try to keep them in chronological order. Here's the data I keep......

city/date/number of discs/ source (audience or soundboard)
also denote a FLAC or mp3 source or an original disc...everything else is a cdr copy....

for example...

Frankfurt 9/30/73 2nd show- au
Hamburg 10/2/73 2nd show- au
Rotterdamn 1013/73- au (mp3)
Brussels 10/17/73 1st show- sb

....if I have discs that come from different sources, here's how I list them......

1969 Soundboard Collection- features tracks from Oakland 11/9/69 2nd show, Detroit 11/24/69, Baltimore 11/26/69, and London 12/14/69- sb

Philadelphia Special- 2 disc set including tracks from Philadelphia 7/21/72 1st show and Ft. Worth 6/24/72 2nd show- sb (original disc)

......I do that so I'll don't get excited about aquiring new music, only to find out I already have it...there might have been mistakes in those listings.....I didn't copy them from my list......I just tried to do it by memory and I'm sure I'm wrong about one of them......

Posted by: DirtyWorks ()
Date: January 12, 2007 01:01

You don't bother with titles ? It's already wrong...Mistakes start here.

Posted by: KWhinos ()
Date: January 12, 2007 01:51

If you have Microsoft Works you can create a Database. It Basically Works like an Excell Document but it allows you to search. Its pretty sweet.

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: January 12, 2007 02:03

i use this one i found some time ago. i did the same for Licks and last tour.
i printed it and i have Stones boots book

[www.yousendit.com]

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: January 12, 2007 03:59

DirtyWorks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You don't bother with titles ? It's already
> wrong...Mistakes start here.

that's your opinion......I don't have the problem of aquiring the same music over and over.....maybe I just have a good memory....so as long as it works for me, what's wrong with that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-12 04:51 by Tumblin_Dice_07.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: January 12, 2007 04:25

For my digital stuff, I have an external HD partitioned into decades. Within each partition, the compilations come first listed by title, then concert gigs listed by date/place. Within each folder I keep a copy of the web page I got the d/l from, plus artwork if I can find it, plus a txt file of notes if need be.

For CDs I have all the officials in one section, compilations next & finally concerts. Each of these is arranged chronologically, sort of.

I keep meaning to put this into excell but there's about 600 entries needed & It's a bit daunting. If something shows up I can pretty quickly check to see if I've got it & if it's on a different label to what I've got, I'm like Tumblin, d/l away.

Date: January 12, 2007 19:18

Thank you everyone. Ain,t it great to be a Stones fan.

Posted by: kait ()
Date: January 12, 2007 19:22

thrak,
could you please explain your program a little?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2690
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home