Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Elvis bootlegs songs from his last tour anyone?
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 5, 2007 19:05

I had some real good boot from his last tour...i lost it..any of you maybe kind enough to post some..im also searching for a live versions of...Any day now..Always on my mind..and My Boy...have a good weekend everybody.

Re: Elvis bootlegs songs from his last tour anyone?
Posted by: 69licks ()
Date: January 6, 2007 13:44

rooster...

i don't have any of the three songs you requested here live...

here is "any day now take 2" from the bilko release in 1996 'american crown jewels' back from 1969 studio outtakes...

i don't know if this is an official release now or not...i have not been keeping abreast of all of epe releases the last few years...

i do have ann arbor michigan partial set from april 24, 1977 soundboard that is included with "a profile of a king" 4 cd release set...

any day now take 2 in wav file
[www.sendspace.com]

Date: January 7, 2007 11:55

All right 69 I thank you very very much..that 77 thing is very intresting...thanks so much!

Date: January 7, 2007 19:59

here you go rooster...

i wanted to get at least half of it to you...i have a sunday engagement this afternoon...

so the last half later...

a very very incomplete cd...!

elvis presley
a profile-the king on stage vol 1
cd#4
april 24, 1977
ann arbor, mi.
incomplete soundboard recording

If You Love Me
You Gave Me A Mountain
Tryin To Get To You
O Sole Mio-Its Now Or Never (song includes 1 false start )
Little Sister
Teddy Bear-Dont Be Cruel
Help Me
My Way

track 1
[www.gigasize.com]

track 2
[www.gigasize.com]

track 3
[www.gigasize.com]

track 4
[www.gigasize.com]

track 5
[www.gigasize.com]

track 6
[www.gigasize.com]

track 7
[www.gigasize.com]

track 8
[www.gigasize.com]

more later...gotta run...

Date: January 8, 2007 12:23

the rest...

elvis presley
a profile-the king on stage vol 1
cd#4
april 24, 1977
ann arbor, mi. crisler arena
soundboard recording

Polk salad annie
Hurt
Blueberry hill (February 13, 1977, West Palm Beach, FL.)
Danny boy * sung by Sherrill Nielsen (February 14, 1977, St. Petersburg, Fl.)
Walk with me * sung by Sherrill Nielsen (February 14, 1977, St. Petersburg, Fl.)
Unchained melody
Little darlin'
Can't help falling in love

track 9
[www.gigasize.com]

track 10
[www.gigasize.com]

track 11 (feb 13 1977 west palm beach, fl.)
[www.gigasize.com]

track 12 (sung by sherrill nielsen feb 14 1977 st. petersburg, fl.)
[www.gigasize.com]

track 13 (sung by sherrill nielsen feb 14 1977 st. petersburg, fl.)
[www.gigasize.com]

track 14
[www.gigasize.com]

track 15
[www.gigasize.com]

track 16
[www.gigasize.com]

this is not my commentary but a review on an elvis site...

Less than four months from death, Elvis is on stage at the Crisler Arena in Ann Arbor, MI with some inspired moments. Amidst the pain and loss of ability, disc four includes a great "You Gave Me A Mountain", and a surprisingly robust "Trying To Get To You". An impassioned "Hurt" is done with reprise, although his voice isn't really up to it. As usual for 1977, he just sounds so damn tired! Prior to "Little Sister" someone yells out for "Blue Hawaii" and Elvis tries to run it down, but pianist Tony Brown doesn't know it ("Do somethin' Tony ... right or wrong, it don't matter!")

This April 24th evening is where RCA took "Unchained Melody" and "Little Darlin'" from, overdubbing a rhythm section and placing both cuts on the 'Moody Blue' long player. Here they are presented as performed, which means Elvis solo at the piano for "Unchained Melody". He does well, although Sherrill Neilsen "doubles" the falsetto ending and Elvis claims "I have done it better" (maybe he was thinking about the previous New Year's in Pittsburgh?); ironically, on "Little Darlin'" he executes the falsetto finale perfectly.

As a bonus, three songs are included from the Florida tour of February 1977; unfortunately, two feature just Sherrill Neilsen ("Danny Boy" and "Walk With Me"). The other tune finds Presley sliding pianist Brown off his seat (poor guy!) to play and sing a spontaneous rendition of "Blueberry Hill" ("You are a fantastic piano player, but you are warped, son ... I'm gonna show you how to do that"). It's a nice moment in a life that would soon no longer have any.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-08 12:25 by 69licks.

Date: January 8, 2007 22:11

Ahhh Thanks its his birthday!!!..I thank you so much bless you!!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: January 8, 2007 22:14

Thanks 69licks!

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: January 8, 2007 22:21

Date: January 9, 2007 00:04

yes indeed...elvis would've been 72...!

thank you...thank you very much...

Date: January 9, 2007 04:00

it's still the 8th here...

another present...got at dime a few days ago...

it's in flac form so...download and then you will have to decode...!

elvis presley
"going back in time"
feb. 15, 1977
orlando, fl.
sports stadium
audience recording

2001 Theme
See See Rider
I Got A Woman - Amen
Love Me
If You Love Me Let Me Know
You Gave Me A Mountain
O Sole Mio - It's Now Or Never
All Shook Up
Teddy Bear - Don't Be Cruel
Help Me
Big Boss Man
My Way (1 fs)
Intros :
Early Morning Rain by John Wilkinson
What'd I Say by James Burton
Johnny B. Goode by James Burton
Ronnie Tutt drums solo
Jerry Scheff bass solo
Tony Brown piano solo
Love Letters - Joe Guercio and Orchestra solo
Hail! Hail! Rock 'n' Roll
Hurt (+ reprise)
Hound Dog
Can't Help Falling In Love

track 1
[www.gigasize.com]

track 2
[www.gigasize.com]

track 3
[www.gigasize.com]

track 4
[www.gigasize.com]

track 5
[www.gigasize.com]

track 6
[www.gigasize.com]

track 7
[www.gigasize.com]

track 8
[www.gigasize.com]

track 9
[www.gigasize.com]

track 10
[www.gigasize.com]

track 11
[www.gigasize.com]

track 12
[www.gigasize.com]

track 13
[www.gigasize.com]

track 14
[www.gigasize.com]

track 15
[www.gigasize.com]

track 16
[www.gigasize.com]

track 17
[www.gigasize.com]

track 18
[www.gigasize.com]

track 19
[www.gigasize.com]

track 20
[www.gigasize.com]

track 21
[www.gigasize.com]

track 22
[www.gigasize.com]

track 23
[www.gigasize.com]

track 24
[www.gigasize.com]

track 25
[www.gigasize.com]

track 26
[www.gigasize.com]

track 27
[www.gigasize.com]

track 28
[www.gigasize.com]

once again not my review...

GOING BACK IN TIME

This is the third release from Straight Arrow and features another audience recorded concert from the February 1977 tour. This show was recorded on the 15th in Orlando, four days earlier than the previous release by this label. Once again they have produced a lavish 16 page booklet containing over 20 full colour photos from the period, together with extensive liner notes setting this tour in context, as well as a detailed commentary on the show itself. On closer reading, it turns out that the majority of the photos featured are from the 18th February, as they inform us that photos from the actual show are scarce and do not show Elvis at his best.

The text further states that this is a previously unreleased recording which has been processed with 24 bit technology from the original mastertape. However, although the sound quality is good, it is not quite as clear as on the Tennessee Starlight show, owing to slight distortion resulting from saturation during peak levels. Happily this is not intrusive and only noticeable if played at high volume. In addition, some of the dialogue can be hard to make out due to an extremely vocal audience, but on the plus side, the atmosphere is genuinely exciting and may be a revelation to anyone doubting the intensity of his popularity during 1977.

Right from the start there is a great vibe, with shrieks of excitement as the band begin the 2001 theme. These become deafening during the opening vamp prior to Elvis’ arrival on stage, almost drowning out the band with their intensity. His voice proves powerful and strong for See See Rider and the audience’s enthusiasm is unabated with shrieks all through this opening number. The electric atmosphere continues during the Well Well routine, preceding I Got A Woman, which ends in a five verse Amen chorus, with Elvis driving the band on through three key changes. Unfortunately, the tape captures a crowd dispute regarding some fans blocking the exit routes during J.D.’s vocal slide, but luckily this is resolved before Elvis resumes singing.

He then welcomes the audience with his usual comments and during Love Me some very excitable fans receive scarves, to intermittent bouts of applause. This is followed by a good version of If You Love Me, with the crowd clapping along enthusiastically. After this, Elvis announces that they are using a different sound system and explains that what the audience hear is different to what is heard by the musicians on stage.

A powerful You Gave Me A Mountain is performed next, followed by It’s Now Or Never which he halts at the end of the second verse, saying “Whoa, whoa, wait a minute…I lost the rhythm…once I go over there I can’t hear you,” alluding to problems with the new sound set-up. He then resumes the song from the second verse, jokingly calling out “Instant replay.” The 50’s hits follow this, which include the last ever version of All Shook Up, which was replaced by Little Sister for the rest of this tour.

During Teddy Bear, Elvis ad-libs “Feedbacks ain’t the kind I love enough,” highlighting a particularly annoying incident and Don’t Be Cruel includes the ad-lib, “Please let’s forget the past, before I kick your--—“ This medley is performed as the usual scarf giving sequence, followed by a good version of Help Me and a rare outing for Big Boss Man, which was only sung once on this tour.

My Way was always a highlight throughout 1977 and the version featured here is excellent. Unfortunately it suffers from feedback early on, resulting in a false start, but the ensuing performance is faultless and the crowd reaction is so overwhelming that Elvis reprises the last two verses and on this attempt manages to reach an even higher ending note.

In the band introductions which follow, Larry Strickland is credited as ‘the guy who doubles for me on all the low notes,’ before Elvis corrects himself, saying “Doubles for me?....he SINGS all the low notes.” Later, Kathy Westmoreland is accused of having, “More rings on than I do,” before he jokingly goes on to denounce them as fakes.

Typically, the songs featuring the individual band members amount to little more than throwaways, lasting for just over a verse each and the tempo on Love Letters appears to drag slightly, as was common on this number. However to be fair, this was always a difficult song to perform live, as it requires an intimate atmosphere more suited to a studio recording than a live concert.

Hurt is performed next and Elvis can be heard remarking “God help me,” in the build up to the demanding opening. It’s another great version and afterwards he says, “We’ll just do the last part of that song over again and I’m going to bust that note wide open….with the help of God and a few of my friends, I’ll make it.” This results in a powerful reprise with yet another great reach on the operatic ending.

A lightweight (but crowd pleasing) Hound Dog follows this and the concert concludes with Can’t Help Falling In Love, where he affects a mock Inspector Clouseau accent on the line, “Some things you kno, you kno, are meant to be” The tape also includes the ‘Elvis has left the building’ and souvenir announcements.

After this, three songs (It’s Now Or Never, My Way and Hurt) are featured in binaural stereo from this show. They have been recorded from the mixing desk, to highlight the piano accompaniment, with almost nothing except Elvis’ vocal audible in the background. This mix was presumably made as an aid for Tony Brown’s replacement in the line up, which give a different perspective to the featured performances and provide a nice bonus to end this CD.

In conclusion, Straight Arrow has once again achieved an excellent result, allowing us to enjoy another exciting and atmospheric concert from his final year. Elvis is in good voice throughout and there are no songs performed by his backing vocalists to cover for his lack of stamina, as on their previous release from this tour. Consequently this is a better show which is given added appeal by an extremely vocal and enthusiastic audience. This, together with its attractive presentation, ensures that this will be a nice addition to any collection.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 9, 2007 12:11

That upload must have taken a long time for you, 69licks,
that's very kind.
Hey, Rooster, I'll send you the programme to turn FLAC-files into Wav files after you have downloaded!

Date: January 9, 2007 13:44

Thanks Erik thanks 69 that was a great way to celebrate!!

Date: January 9, 2007 14:44

you're welcome...

didn't really take that long...the great think about elvis' tunes they're pretty short...!

the mb's were quite small...!

~~~~long live the king...!!!~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: January 9, 2007 15:59

Im so glad with this music..from the king but I cant download...is it my security?

Posted by: Lucab12 ()
Date: April 18, 2007 15:42

69 Licks

On my copy, It's Now Or Never goes to static half way through. Is it like that on yours? If not, are the links at gigasize still active? should they be dead, could you repost the track?

Thanks

Date: April 19, 2007 05:24

hey now ross...!

let me dig thru all of my elvis boots and take a listen to my cd to see if the "static" is present on my disc...

the gigasize links are probably dead at this juncture...

i will repost "it's now or never" if the track is alright...

do you know the track time where the static occures...?

Date: April 19, 2007 06:41

I actually checked the link and it was active. However, the same thing happens about half way through. Its just pure static.

Thanks for checking

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 19, 2007 22:45

I saw the link and got excited...because I have an Elvis bootleg from his last tour...last year. I guess you mean the OTHER Elvis...

Date: April 21, 2007 02:23

Any and all Elvis is appreciated. Do you have the New Years show from Pittsburgh 76-77?

Date: April 21, 2007 21:38

i don't have the new years show that you have requested but if you allow me some time i will post some other elvis stuff if you want...

i myself prefer that '69-'72 elvis period from vegas...

but i have quite a few from each of the touring years...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1227
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home