Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Going to Austin 10/22 Recording Advice needed
Posted by: dang ()
Date: October 15, 2006 06:45

Hi all,

I will be attending the Austin show next weekend. I would like to record the show and post it, but I hardly know where to start. I need some tips from experienced tapers. I have an old Nakamichi 550. But it is probably too bulky to sneak past venue security. How strict is security reaction to recording devices? If confiscated, would I be able to get the equipment back after the show?

So I need advice on what equipment I should obtain and what kind of mic is ideal. Is there any sort of DAT recorder that I could stash in a coat pocket? Or even an analogue device would work. Anything easily concealed.

Austin is a town full of musicians, so i will likely be able to rent the equipment. This would allow me to use a pretty nice rig without having to shell out a fortune. If I am able to do this, I will be happy to FedEx the master to a board member with the appropriate editing software, so it can be cleaned up prior to posting. Thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2227
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home