Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Going to Austin 10/22 Recording Advice needed
Posted by: dang ()
Date: October 15, 2006 06:45

Hi all,

I will be attending the Austin show next weekend. I would like to record the show and post it, but I hardly know where to start. I need some tips from experienced tapers. I have an old Nakamichi 550. But it is probably too bulky to sneak past venue security. How strict is security reaction to recording devices? If confiscated, would I be able to get the equipment back after the show?

So I need advice on what equipment I should obtain and what kind of mic is ideal. Is there any sort of DAT recorder that I could stash in a coat pocket? Or even an analogue device would work. Anything easily concealed.

Austin is a town full of musicians, so i will likely be able to rent the equipment. This would allow me to use a pretty nice rig without having to shell out a fortune. If I am able to do this, I will be happy to FedEx the master to a board member with the appropriate editing software, so it can be cleaned up prior to posting. Thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1397
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home