Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Superdome New Orleans, Louisiana July 13th 1978 DVD question
Posted by: javier ()
Date: September 28, 2006 13:52

I have 2 dvd versions of this show: one is the complete show taken with 2 cams (not good quality) and other dvd wich contains only a few proshot songs from the show. Well, take a look to this link and please see the video sample; if anyone has this version (complete show) I would be very interested in a trade
[rsconcerts.com]

Re: Superdome New Orleans, Louisiana July 13th 1978 DVD question
Posted by: funkycrow ()
Date: September 28, 2006 14:27

I have been looking for years for this show.
As far as I know, there are two sources of which I think you have both.
The six or seven songs on the pro-shot version is all I have ever seen worthy of the quality.
I believe that if there was a dvd out there of the complete show if would definately be classified as the "holy grail".

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 28, 2006 14:49

I haven't heard about the "short" version in good quality. Are you sure you're not thinking about the "short" Fort Worth footage from the same year?

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: September 28, 2006 18:25

Does anyone have the New Orleans show to trade, that guy is selling copies for the price of regular cds and dvds.

Posted by: Half Nanker ()
Date: September 28, 2006 19:17

This "clip" is from one of the cameras of the common, 2 camera, version. They toggle back and forth with the other shooting from the back rear corner of the Superdome and zooms in and out. This one is the close up cam and would be nice to have the whole show from this source only, for sure. Is that what this guy has?

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: September 28, 2006 19:40

Hi, Hound Dog

I have the complete version in average quality (I would say B-).

Contact me at danielt218@hotmail.com if you're interested. I won't sell it to you.

Wattswood

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 29, 2006 03:11

is it the same as the sample video, that tumblin dice sample is not bad at all,
if the whole show is in that quality anywhere it would be a must

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-09-29 03:12 by melillo.

Posted by: javier ()
Date: October 9, 2006 13:41

Well, I wanted to say that I have the complete show version, taken with 2 cam; I have the same images of Tumbling Dice as the clip of "rsconcerts", but the quality of my copy is worst than the clip. If anyone has this show with the same quality as the clip, I would be very interested in a trade for it. My trade list is at:
es.geocities.com/javifroiz

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: October 9, 2006 20:06

The REAL Holy Grail would be the COMPLETE Ft. Worth 78 show which was filmed professionally, and, indeed, does exist.

This show was apparently filmed to be close-circuit broadcast to theatres around the country (the way they used to do the big fights in those days) but the deal, for whatever reasons, got nixed and the film remains in the cans, on a shelf, most likely because someone doesn't want to pay what they owe someone else and/or because the band isn't interested in rehashing the past.

I have seen significant protions of the rest of the Ft. Worth 78 film and can testify that no matter how cool the New Orleans footage might be in perfect quality, this show, filmed in a smaller venue, with better cameras, MUCH closer and with better sound, kicks New Orleans' ass.

I am not sure if the New Orleans footage is the result of an 'inside job' by someone at the Superdome vs. someone hired by the Stones. The 'switching' between cameras, and the effects used are fairly amateur. It is also taped on video, vs. being filmed. And as I recall the sound switches from SB to aud. no? (My guess is the New Orleans video was done by the in-house Superdome crew that normally videotaped Tulane or Saints' football games - the distant 'field shot' would be perfect for game films no? - and/or concerts there for video screens. Any NO/LA natives care to help out?)

Also note that the film is NOT the source for the Ft. Worth SB recordings found on Handsome Girls. That Source was from the DIR/Westwood One vaults. Ft. Worth was one of the shows professionally recorded for the KBFH that wasn't used. In an odd coincidence, there is also another full SB recording that is reportedly still in the DIR vaults from 1978 that was also not used: New Orleans. Apparently, that tape was next on the bootlegger's list before he/she got nabbed.

Food for thought and drooling,

J

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1263
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home