Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

MORE JOHNNY THUNDERS/ I'll Go Crazy/The Harder They Come,Ten Commandments od love.
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 16, 2006 03:14

Here is more JT stuff, first he covers the James Brown classic, then a song the Stones have being playing live a few times and Keith cover it a while back, and then a song that its hilarious, the spoken intro by JT its classic. Ten Commandments of love.
Enjoy
I'll go crazy
[download.yousendit.com]
The Harder They Come
[download.yousendit.com]
Ten Commanments of Love
[download.yousendit.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-09-16 03:15 by ROPENI.

Re: MORE JOHNNY THUNDERS/ I'll Go Crazy/The Harder They Come,Ten Commandments od love.
Date: September 16, 2006 03:52

You have made my otherwise crappy day!

Your recent posts got me to thinking about Live At Max's Kansas City, a great album from my past that I have never replaced on cd. Great stuff...maybe it's time I start writing up my list for Santa (and start being a good boy!).

Thanks again for the the Thunders. Don't know if I am the only one grooving on this stuff, but I am enjoying it a great deal!

Re: MORE JOHNNY THUNDERS/ I'll Go Crazy/The Harder They Come,Ten Commandments od love.
Date: September 16, 2006 04:04

Hey Shade, l have a few of his live rare stuff, since you are a fan like me, if you want i'll send them to you, just give me your e:mail.
Hey, just maybe we turn on some of the young ones to JT, they don't know what they are missing, now that you mentioned Max's Kansas City l used to go there a lot, saw the dolls,jt,ramones,iggy pop, and a whole bunch of the others, that place was something else.
Hope your evening will be better than your day.

Posted by: dtklamf ()
Date: September 16, 2006 20:30

damn, they once did a tribute show to the stones and thunders played in many songs and i used to have it in my computer. i cant seem to find it!

Date: September 17, 2006 03:50

dtklamf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> damn, they once did a tribute show to the stones
> and thunders played in many songs and i used to
> have it in my computer. i cant seem to find it!

DTK if you find it please post it, it would be great to listen to it, thanks

Date: September 17, 2006 13:44

Now THAT sounds like something we need to hear! Makes me wonder if other bands have ever performed tribute shows to the Stones.

And, as for the rare live stuff, ROPENI, I'd love to hear it. My eaddress is available.

Personally, I never went to Max's, but the Peppermint Lounge, Danceteria, The Bottom Line, Privates, Heat, The Palladium, The Ritz were favorites. My buddies and I went to the Mudd Club one time, but did not get in...'nuf said.)

I am talking late 70's early 80's, so besides seeing shows at the Garden, the annual festivals in Central Park were a big favorite. Shaefer beer sponsored them for years, then they became the Dr. Pepper Festivals before moving over to the Pier (84, I think) right alongside the Intrepid. Saw some great shows there, most memorable was the night I met Johnny Winter backstage and had him autograph an album he pressed on his own label (red vinyl) with Willie Dixon and Sonny Terry. And one of the greatest concerts I've ever attended...THE CLASH! Towards the end of the show, the skies opened up, complete with thunder, lightening and high winds, but the band not only played on. In fact they put on all the lights, marched themselves up the front of the stage and got (nearly) as wet as we did belting out "White Riot"!!

But, I digress.

Thanks again to you, and all other Thunders fans, for sharing his music on this Stones board. Outstanding!

Posted by: phelge ()
Date: September 17, 2006 13:52

My brother is a sound engineer in Liverpool UK. He did the sound for Johnny not long before he died. He took a load of abuse off him!! Johnny was drinking Malibu, lots of it apparently! During the gig, which was a mess, he repeatedly abused my brother and complained abbout thesound. Needless to say, my brother isn't a fan, unlike me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1330
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home