Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
The find of the decade - Steel Wheels outtakes
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: August 16, 2006 15:52

Re: The find of the decade - Steel Wheels outtakes
Date: August 16, 2006 16:08

Posted by: 123454321 ()
Date: August 16, 2006 16:17

Well it took 15 years that those tracks have appeared but only a few hours until some .... slaughtered them to MP3 !

Thanks a lot!!

Date: August 16, 2006 16:18

Posted by: sumi ()
Date: August 16, 2006 17:41

yes, few hours and somebody ruing something historical.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: August 16, 2006 17:44

Don't listen to them vancouver

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: August 16, 2006 17:50

Many thanks for your efforts Vancouver!

Date: August 16, 2006 18:07

vox12string Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't listen to them vancouver

I am very sorry to say, but you are also one of those .... people I mentioned. And you are one of those G-the Cock was talking about on Dime!! So called fans who take good music and destroy it just without listening and what is more important without even think about what are you doing!!

You get good stuff from Dime or RO and destroy it and pollute the world with this shit! Shame on you!

People like you are the reason I stop giving shows away on Dime and RO. I liked the idea of sharing!!! What I don`t like are ..... people like you who destroy what they got for free. And you don`t even stop to do so when you are asked not to share the stuff you get for free in MP3!! People who give you and others their stuff for free and ask you for a favour rely on you. But you don`t even listen to them or even think about it. You just give a shit to them!!!!! So I stop giving stuff away, cause I like the music as it is !!

This is not about refusing to share (I did so in the past a lot of times) but it is about spreading shit!!! If you are satisfied with shit, okay but keep it private - don`t spread it. If you wanna spread it stay on DIME !!!!!! Where you get your stuff! And donĀ“t betray people who give you their stuff and rely on you and others not to convert the stuff into shit!

It is not about listening !! IT IS ABOUT THINKING!!!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 16, 2006 19:00

Hey, 1234 etc., opinions are always welcome here, but you don't have to insult people and put them down because they do this or that. This debate has raged here before. Many folks who visit IORR are happy with MP3s for their listening experience. Most probably play their music on boom boxes, portable CD players or their computers, not high end audio equipment. The bottom line is, you don't have to DL anything here that doesn't fit your criteria or go and find it elsewhere. Me, I'll say thanks to Vancouver and all who post things here for our enjoyment or whatever we're tuning in for. So, dude, give it a break and live and let live.

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: August 16, 2006 19:11

Pleassse Vancouver put them all on yousendit...sendspace is a pain in the neck! thanx in advance

Date: August 16, 2006 19:14

dmay Wrote:
> Hey, 1234 etc., opinions are always welcome here,
> but you don't have to insult people and put them
> down because they do this or that. This debate has
> raged here before. Many folks who visit IORR are
> happy with MP3s for their listening experience.
> Most probably play their music on boom boxes,
> portable CD players or their computers, not high
> end audio equipment. The bottom line is, you don't
> have to DL anything here that doesn't fit your
> criteria or go and find it elsewhere. Me, I'll say
> thanks to Vancouver and all who post things here
> for our enjoyment or whatever we're tuning in for.
> So, dude, give it a break and live and let live.

As I said - it is all about thinking!! And caring!
Sorry you don`t understand that!

By the way I never downloaded the shit here! As I told you I shared the stuff on DIME! What makes me sick are people who don`t care about music (they just post thousands of posts in 2 months about it, but really don`t care!). Share as much as you want I am with you!!! But in lossless format!! That is the issue! Care about the music that you love and don`t destroy it!!! Think!!!!!

And to those who can`t download (well funny that they are able to download shit but not good,lossless music), why don`t you trade for this stuff? Yes I know one would have to move his ass to the postoffice. I am sorry that is too much asked!!

Date: August 16, 2006 19:20

Oh dear

Posted by: nick ()
Date: August 16, 2006 19:20

It's real simple, If you want to listen to it now get the mp3. If you want to wait and get a "slightly" better copy go with the torrent. I don't know what the arguement about "spreading shit" is? In this case the source is a friggin cassette. That in my opinion is already a shit source. Are we gonna start to argue over different degrees of shit? In fact I bet the torrent would not sound any better than a 320bps mp3. In addition whose to say that the torrent isn't shit compared to the source cassette. As you can see, we can do this all day.

I personally like to listen to the mp3 then if I like I try to get a CD of it because torrents and mp3's are shit compared to that

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: August 16, 2006 19:23

You're being a c-unt 1234... If you don't like mp3s then don't down load them. It doesn't get much more simple than that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-17 02:25 by ChrisM.

Date: August 16, 2006 19:40

[www.sendspace.com]
12-

[www.sendspace.com]
13-

[www.sendspace.com]
14-

[www.sendspace.com]
15-

i had cut the emty spaces before and after the songs..and add some treble..too
now it is 77 min.

Date: August 16, 2006 19:40

ChrisM Wrote:
> You're being a @#$%& 1234...

Thanks a lot for your kindness ChrisM. But if you were able to read and to understand you would have gotten the point! But you were not able to, so I feel sorry for you !

But I understand, it is all about lazyness and the lack of caring.

Posted by: 55 Rusty ()
Date: August 16, 2006 19:55

It's asolutely silly to say MP3 destroy the music.
It's from a casette not from a SACD.

somebody put a mic in front of the speakers from the most bootlegs
so don't try to tell all the 2005/06 shows on dime have great quallty.

MP3 is the good way to share some rare stuff and I wanna thank
all who posted here.

Vanc
keep on going

Posted by: sumi ()
Date: August 16, 2006 20:03

to 55 Rusty
If some recordings are not "great", don't make them less great. It is fact that mp3 ruin sound.MP3 algorithm as it self is NOT superior. On other side qulity of converting from WAV to MP3 depend of software. To many bad software for converting wav to mp3 around!!Some software have option slower/better qulity or faster/lower quality... I don't think that many people care of that. I guess that all of you keep your weddings and kids birthdays...etc in best possible quality, so let's do it with stones.

Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: August 16, 2006 20:08

A big thank you to Vancouver for making this available.

There may be deficiencies in MP3 (by the way my aged ears can no longer detect them) but the portability of the format outweighs all that. I now have the ability to travel and listen to tracks of my choice.

Precious Love is a storming cover , anyone know if they've ever done this one live at one of the club venues ?

Thanks again Vancouver.

Posted by: Stones89 ()
Date: August 16, 2006 20:10

Thanks vancouver for the music. To me, it doesn't matter what format it's in, it's all good IMO. Hell, it's the Stones! 'Nuff said. smiling smiley

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: August 16, 2006 20:16

Vancouver, don't listen to these people. You and a few others here have enlightened my world with posted Stones stuff. My thanks come from my heart. As I'm sure people all over the world would agree. Keep up the great work please.

Date: August 16, 2006 20:18

123454321 Wrote:
> ChrisM Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You're being a @#$%& 1234...
>
> Thanks a lot for your kindness ChrisM. But if you
> were able to read and to understand you would have
> gotten the point! But you were not able to, so I
> feel sorry for you !
>
> But I understand, it is all about lazyness and the
> lack of caring.

You're welcome 1234... but there is no need for you to feel sorry for me as I read and understand quite well and I care about and am energetic about a great many things, including music. If I gave you much thought I would feel sorry for you because you seem to be singulary lacking in interpersonal skills. But there is hope as there are plenty of places where where you can learn them. They're called kindergartens. Perhaps a remedial course is in order?

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: August 16, 2006 20:28

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and as long as it is done without insulting people I think all opinion's are respected on this board.

For what it is worth, my opinion is thus...we all have different threshold's in life regarding any subject you care to mention. In regards to music some of us are happy with what we hear and some of us not.

If you take for example what is arguably considered by many to be The Stones finest hour - Brussels Affair...You could even be in possession of the master tape in the best quality available and some people would still say that the clapping in the background distracts from the sound!

Even when we have official releases in crystal sound, some people will feel that it is over produced or under produced (again difference of opinion) what it all boil's down to is do you like it or not..... And by the way I Love the Stones but I could ask some of my friends to listen to a best quality original copy of a stones album and they would still say it's shit because it's not their thing (I still respect their opinion..though I'm getting some new friends...lol)

I for one am eternally grateful to All good folks who put this stuff out there -in whatever format - I love the stones for their sound and vibe they create not how glossy the sound is...so I will take whatever format it is in, as long as I can get to hear it - I can decide for myself if it is shit and delete it if necessary...problem solved.

Keep Up the Good Work Guys spread the gospel according to The Stones.

P.s Imo Prescious Love is a fantastic song how did they manage to keep that one from us for so long.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 16, 2006 21:02

I read the pro's & con's of both sides and I've been happyly downloading mp3s quite a while - BUT I'm not happy how these mp3's were EQ'd.

You won't be able to tell if you don't know both versions so here's a spectrum analyzer shot of two versions as 2 layers.
the opacity is set to 50%, so the darker spektrum you see is my unequed version of Sad sad sad,
the lighter one shows Vancouvers more High's - less Bass EQ.
you may get the general idea of what you're missing when not going for the flac version.
note: I tried to capture both audio events for the same song position, 3rd Chorus (which is quite impossible per hand)
but have a closer look at the slow decaying dots, outlining the spectrum.
Now if you try to reverse engineer the sound of an mp3 you will certainly have a loss of information.

Date: August 16, 2006 21:10

Nicely put undertheradar; Everyone has there own standards and they are very much welcome to them. I for one prefer best possibly quality for hy home stereo but here at work on a sub par PC sound system mp3s will do. It is well within the realm of possiblity to state your feelings about a matter without being rude and insulting when doing so (unless prompted) See how easy that was 1234...?

Date: August 16, 2006 21:25

I hear When A Man Loves a Woman by Percy Sledge in Precious Love, specifically in the last line of each verse, maybe that's why they didn't put it out. Look what happened with George Harrison & My Sweet Lord.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 16, 2006 21:34

hmm - I hear Stand By Me from Ben E. King ..........to some extent

Date: August 16, 2006 21:34

Thanks open-g for the graphic. It certainly illustrates what most of know about the quality of mp3s versus flacs. Evidence of the old glazzies. By the way,do you know the bitrate of the mp3 sample? Despite all of this though I don't think there should be a prohibition on mp3s, unlike some.

Posted by: bartman ()
Date: August 16, 2006 21:36

Thanks Vancouver! Sounds great to me. I'm very glad with it.

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: August 16, 2006 21:42

@#$%&....why sendspace?...I can't download from shitty sendspace...grrr

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1932
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home