Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: The find of the decade - Steel Wheels outtakes
Posted by: turd ()
Date: August 16, 2006 22:48

I have to agree, Sendspace is a pain is the ass.

Posted by: JoeHill ()
Date: August 16, 2006 22:53

Wow! everything all right in the critics section...

Thank You for the post!!!

Posted by: Chas ()
Date: August 16, 2006 22:56

thanks for posting!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: August 16, 2006 23:05

I think you guys overreact a bit when you say that MP3 destroys trading. I got so many songs that I always wanted on MP3, and to my ears there is no difference between a high bitrate MP3 and a Flac/wave file. Thank you all for posting your MP3s smiling smiley That's 2 cents about that topic.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 16, 2006 23:38

I'd like to thank Vancouver, Cafaro, Joe Hill, Vox and all others who have shared here with the rest of us, regardless of what format the music is in.
It's a shame that 12345 won't share his music but I guess if there's thousands of others that are willing, it doesn't really matter.
Obviously it would be ideal to get the best source possible but as someone mentioned previously, we're not talking SACD's or DVD audio here, we're talking bootlegs.

Date: August 16, 2006 23:51

Thank you Vancouver. Keep 'em coming.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: August 16, 2006 23:55

Thanks for posting these. I did like the original mix from yesterday...all the treble added, made a lot of extra hiss...but, its cool. I didnt have it, so now I do. Send space is ok, you just have to keep trying.

Thanks, again!

JR

Date: August 16, 2006 23:56

I don't care if they're in MP3, Wav, or on acetate. They're great. Do we have track names for these songs? And also, a quick repost of the first track would be brilliant.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: August 16, 2006 23:59

Thanks van!!!!!

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: August 17, 2006 00:04

Date: August 17, 2006 00:17

intresting ,,open g.the spectrum...

i also did maxium db without clips),

the sound q on stereo amp or computer could be different..
(the best thing is to try,on a cd-rw first.(before burning cd-r

old casette tapes .lost treble.and bass.during the years,

i ripped a lot of mine cassette tapes,some years ago..i eq ,a lot of bass & treble) too much,,

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: August 17, 2006 00:20

Well this is a fine way to act ,some new stuff found ,an offer to share is made,lots of folks happy ,then the bickering starts about ruining the dream ect.Well I for one and I dare say many others like The Rolling Stones for the music I have never been a snob in terms of having to have the best hi fi the best take and such nonsense I usually buy my stuff at fairs ebay or wherever I see the item,If I like the look of it I will buy it,if then when I get home it's not much good so what at least I got to listen to something different.I WOULD LOVE TO GET A COPY OF THIS ITEM, I am not at present able to gain anything from downloads on my pc so if any one would like to offer me a copy in any form that would be very kind of them.I shall be away from base for a while 100 club friday and Twickenham sunday,then a tour of football grounds al round the country with my son for a few days ,We like football as well as the music regards and chill out BJ

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: August 17, 2006 00:24

vancouver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.yousendit.com]
> oad&ufid=E19E03AC61346CEA
> 01-again

Vancouver, as usual you are doing a great job!

I got here a bit late however, so if you could upload these tracks again (when you have the time, my friend) I would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance. I got track 1, thanks!

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 17, 2006 00:26

vox12string Wrote:
> I hear When A Man Loves a Woman by Percy Sledge in
> Precious Love, specifically in the last line of
> each verse, maybe that's why they didn't put it
> out. Look what happened with George Harrison & My
> Sweet Lord.

as For Your Precious Love is a cover version, it would hardly matter....

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: August 17, 2006 00:28

PS

As to the 'sound quality' argument, you can always 'eq' it yourself. It'll never be perfect either way, but if anyone wants a VST that will do a great job of the eq, then email me at stikky_finger@hotmail.com . It's amazing what a good eq plug-in can do.....

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: buffalo 81 ()
Date: August 17, 2006 00:42

thanx vancouver thanx, its onlly music, not filosophy. and we share everything, mp3, wav, dope, anything

Posted by: Zagalo ()

vancouver:
Many thanks for posting these tracks - they sound great; always a treat (and always grateful) when anybody takes the time and trouble to roll out the music we love...

A question on Precious Love; on the post on the 'Tell Me' section this track was 6.38 long - while your 'version' cuts out at 6.08 - is it me??

Thanks again.
Cheers.

PS This might have been sorted out already but somebody was mentioning Ben E King, etc...
... (from Martin Elliott) this track was a Jerry Butler song, a hit for The Impressions (with Curtis Mayfield) in 1958

Posted by: Turner ()

Alas, they seem to be gone for me at least, can some one repost?

Date: August 17, 2006 00:50

A question on Precious Love; on the post on the 'Tell Me' section this track was 6.38 long - while your 'version' cuts out at 6.08 - is it me??

i cut the emty spaces,,

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: August 17, 2006 01:11

The three files on "you send it" have expired already. The rest on sendspace are working fine, If it wouldn't violate the sanctity of the music could you please repost songs 2 & 3. And don't listen to the naysayers...........all is very much appreciated.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: August 17, 2006 01:28

thanks

Date: August 17, 2006 01:29

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: August 17, 2006 02:33

Vancouver, thanx a million for all the stuff that you post.
I can't access bittorrent at my job here, which is the only place where I have a computer. So what you post is a lot of what I get.
And I thank you for it.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 17, 2006 03:26

THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL PEOPLE WHO POST HERE!!
How dare someone on an internet blog decide who is a real music lover! What arrogance and keep your mouth shut and just don't come to this board if you don't like it!

THANKS AGAIN VANCOUVER AND KEEP 'EM COMING!

Posted by: rsk45 ()
Date: August 17, 2006 06:51

dmay Wrote:
> Hey, 1234 etc., opinions are always welcome here,
> but you don't have to insult people and put them
> down because they do this or that. This debate has
> raged here before. Many folks who visit IORR are
> happy with MP3s for their listening experience.
> Most probably play their music on boom boxes,
> portable CD players or their computers, not high
> end audio equipment. The bottom line is, you don't
> have to DL anything here that doesn't fit your
> criteria or go and find it elsewhere. Me, I'll say
> thanks to Vancouver and all who post things here
> for our enjoyment or whatever we're tuning in for.
> So, dude, give it a break and live and let live.

thanks vancouver for all the work you've done. there are many of us who hold this opinion and appreciate the the time and effort that yhou put in.

dont you think its sometimes wise no to grow up.

Date: August 17, 2006 11:17

THANKS to everyone posting here.

Whatever quality : It is first and foremost a chance for all of us to get at least an idea of what's on various bootlegs we for some reason didn't buy, didn't trade for, didn't download etc.

I'm grateful for all those who actually spend a lot of time sharing this stuff. Including non-Stones stuff lots of us probably wouldn't have time to look for.

Then if you're not satisfied with mp3's or whatever then go get the better quality. It's out there as well.
It's the same with the official CD-version of A Bigger Bang. That's almost just mp3-quality compared with the vinyl-version. But I'm sure even the critics here actually spend money on the CD......

Date: August 17, 2006 12:11

bout mp 3 quality,,,first time i made mp3 of my bought bright lights big city boot,i convert too 128 kb..

it sounded bad on my stereo.

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: August 17, 2006 12:49

I am astonished at the suggestion that there is anything wrong with posting in mp3. Some of us, especially those who don't live in the US or Europe, in fact don't have the capacity to DL in lossless format. Slaughter the music, what rubbish, what snobbery. I understand this is really rare stuff -- just hearing it is what counts.

I thank you a million times, Vancouver, and ask you to please re-post tracks 1-3. It says their download limit has been reached.

Zack

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 17, 2006 12:51

Also Dimedozen is not taking new members at the moment, SO AGAIN THANKS TO ALL THAT POST!!!

That stupid arrogant poster should just steer clear of this site if he can't stomach it.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: August 17, 2006 15:50

I could understand 1234..s and others wanting to have the best possible quality recording, no problem there. What I didn't understand was that to hear him/her tell the tale, the original master of the Steel Wheels outakes were irrevocably and irretrievably lost by having them converted to mp3. Presumably he and others who wanted them in lossless format, including myself, downloaded them from Dime or other sites. So, exactly what was the problem? I'm still scratching my head over that tirade.

Lest I forget, kudos to Vancouver and all the others who take time to post songs here, regardless of format, for all (well almost all) to enjoy.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1449
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home