Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Knebworth Stones set now with 3 DVDs, 6 CDs and Knebworth Stones T shirt
Posted by: rockmusicmem ()
Date: July 18, 2006 15:40

TO COMMEMORATIVE THE THIRTIETH ANNIVERSARY OF
THE 1976 ROLLING STONES KNEBWORTH FAIR
(THE FIRST TWICKENHAM CONCERT WILL BE 30 YEARS TO THE DAY)

WE HAVE ADDED A FURTHER GIFT OF A 1976 ROLLING STONES KNEBWORTH T SHIRT
AND AND EXTRA DVD to the original Knebworth Rolling Stones set, which now includes Lynyrd Skynyrd playing Freebird from Knebworth 1976 (which appears to be unobtainable anywhere else)

We now give a free gift of 6 CDs, which covers
the whole of the Knebworth 76 festival and 3 DVDs with the set

It is in a limited edition of 200 and priced
very realistically at £49.99, plus postage (one
of these sets has already sold on ebay for £102) and contains the following:

The programme, flyer and the ticket from 1976
Knebworth Rolling Stones festival all designed by Storm Thorgerson of Hipgnosis

12 photos of Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones
from the 1976 Knebworth festival, including many in colour.

330 page book on the behind the scenes hassles
of promoting the Knebworth festivals. The title
of the book was taken from graffiti
written on the steps leading up to the stage by
Peter Rudge, the Rolling Stones manager at that time.

A copy of the licensing officers report on the
event (Extremely amusing and very informative)

A Knebworth Rolling Stones T shirt in med,large or XL

The special free gift of 6 CDs and 3 DVDs from the 1976 festival includes

2 CDs Rolling Stones

1 CD Lynyrd Skynyrd

I CD Todd Rundgren

1 CD of 10cc

1 CD Hot Tuna

Or you can have 1 CD of the New Barbarians
Knebworth 1979 performance (in place of one of the above)

A 75 mins DVD of The Rolling Stones appearance at the 1976 Knebworth
festival, soundboard with excellent definition.

A very rare DVD of 10cc at Knebworth

A 50 mins DVD of various Knebworth festivals
between 1974 ­ 1979, including Lynyrd Skynyrd (I
believe this is the only recording available of
the legendary performance of Freebird from
Knebworth '76), Led Zeppelin and Genesis with interviews and the sound check.

All enclosed in a very attractive turquoise and silver presentation box

For further information email on the sets please
email info@rockmusicmemorabilia.com

Re: Knebworth Stones set now with 3 DVDs, 6 CDs and Knebworth Stones T shirt
Posted by: Steven ()
Date: July 18, 2006 16:35

Has anyone gotten all their goods as promised yet? I know people who are still waiting and getting it piecemeal. I hope this isn't a gigantic scam for their sake.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: July 18, 2006 17:18

Pretty sure these are just cdrs and dvdrs in a nice package, I looked into this and didn't get any response.

Date: July 18, 2006 19:12

The commemorative sets are sent in two packages to save the customer on the cost of the postage that is why they may arrive piecemeal. The CDs and DVDs are sent in a padded envelope and the sets are sent in a parcel as 'printed matter' That is why they may not all arrive at the same time, but I assure you it is not a scam - everyone receives everything promised. Most people who purchase the set email tosay how delighted they are with it.

Henrietta

Date: July 18, 2006 21:54

So I still take it that these are cdrs and dvdrs..

Posted by: Leeds82 ()
Date: July 18, 2006 23:47

I have already bought this set..It is a fantastic souvenier of one of the seminal festivals of the 70's, and for those of us lucky to have been there, and lost all the bits and bobs over 30 years a great way to remind ourselves of a great day out.
The package is great, and for the price damn cheap..
Henrietta was very helpful during the ordering of the set..and I have no complaints..
I'am not related in any way to the company, just stating I'm a very happy customer..and more power to her elbow.

Posted by: mikey ()
Date: July 19, 2006 01:56

So dvdrs and cdrs or the factory pressed product and is the video direct from source tape or a copy of bootlegs already in circulation?

Date: July 20, 2006 06:40

mikey I have been trying to get the answer to that question for almost a year!

Posted by: Leeds82 ()
Date: July 20, 2006 10:42

In answer to the last 2 posters...My cd's and dvd came with printed covers and the cd's were printed.

Bearing in mind most of the material from the shows was never broadcast or issued (save that of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Freebird The Movie dvd and cd, and footage shown on the OGWT) i care not one jot if the product is "factory pressed" or copied in some other manner..The quality in my opinion is very good.

I sometimes wonder why we are so concerned as to the origin of our cd's and dvd's, here we are grabbing what we can, from wherever we can, just by sitting at home..Gone are the days of flicking through piles of lp's and tapes, sometimes years after the show...

Like I said in my earlier post, for what your getting, just add up the cost of indvidual items, it's a blimmin bargain..and from someone who was involved in the show to boot..(pun intended)

So..to wrap up..If you were there..it was brilliant..and want a nice souvenir, just get it..If you werent there and curious, get it..If your worried that your not getting some pressed in a factory cd from the back streets of wherever..just wait till someone else buys it and rip it off the intenet for free and then say how bloody wonderful it is!

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: July 20, 2006 20:42

If you want the definitive Knebworth CD get VGP's "Hot August Night" (VGP-146).
If you want the definitive Knebworth DVD get "Knebworth 1976" (digipak cover in Black And Blue style).
These are for sure facrory pressed and not recordables.

Date: July 20, 2006 22:57

Leeds82,
As a Stones collector it is very important for me to know if they are cdrs or not. I already have the Knebworth show and dvd that was burned for me by a friend. However if I see a cool packaged set I would look into getting it, but if its just cdrs than there would be no point. I am thinking these are just cdrs and dvdrs since they won't give an answer.

Posted by: mikey ()
Date: July 23, 2006 12:49

Well I'm by no means a "factory pressed fetishist" but having had a lot of hassles with DVDrs that are very choosy about what machines they will play on, prone tp skipping, freezing - you name it... I really do like to know as much about the product I'm about to shell out for so that I can make an informed decision about whether or not I want to buy.

I'd agree with Midnight Rambler concrning VGP's "Hot August Night" as the best audio source yet to surface for the Stones Knebworth set.

Ironically the best version of Knebworth comes on DVDr and comes from the same source as the alternate edit of "Charlie is my Darling" which is unbelievably good (and agin only available on DVDr as is the astonishing snippet from The Marquee '71 concert - both these are broadcast quality as is the Knebworth DVD.

So no hangups over DVDRs.

Just like to know what's what...

Date: July 23, 2006 13:04

It is never cheaper to send 2 packages than 1. Try again.

Date: July 23, 2006 14:45

It is much cheaper to send the set as 'printed matter' via Royal Mail -it works out at half the price of Parcel Force, but Royal Mail will not accept the DVDs and CDs as printed matter, which is why it is far less expensive to send them separately in a padded envelope.

Date: July 23, 2006 21:17

Besides the added cost of a redundant second package you have also assured a 2 month delivery time if it comes at all.

Date: July 24, 2006 18:45

rockmusicmem, why can't you respond about these being cdrs or not.

Thankfully I took a pass on getting this set, something sounds very sketchy to me. I am very happy with my cdrs I got for free.

Date: July 24, 2006 19:56

If you want to see all about the CDs, DVDs and a review on the set go to www.stonesplanet.com

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: July 24, 2006 20:29

I vaguely remember that show. Were the Stones about 3 hours late?

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: July 24, 2006 23:29

I would also like to know if these are cdrs or not. Rockmusimem- it doesn't say anywhere in that review. Has someone bought this? This same question keeps getting asked over and over. Can someone provide a straight response to this question...

Date: July 25, 2006 12:13

My buddy finally got his yesyerday and said the DVDs are no better than the Goldmaster or Jointrip DVDs in circulation. Goldmaster (which JT used) came off the BBC masters.

Re: Knebworth Stones set now with 3 DVDs, 6 CDs and Knebworth Stones T shirt full review on http://www.stonesplanet.com/
Date: July 25, 2006 15:10

Posted by: rockmusicmem (IP Logged)

AND AND EXTRA DVD to the original Knebworth Rolling Stones set, which now includes Lynyrd Skynyrd playing Freebird from Knebworth 1976 (which appears to be unobtainable anywhere else)

2 CDs Rolling Stones

1 CD Lynyrd Skynyrd

I CD Todd Rundgren

1 CD of 10cc

1 CD Hot Tuna

Options: Reply To This Message•Quote This Message•Follow This Thread•Report This Message•Edit Post
Posted by: Steven (IP Logged)

Has anyone gotten all their goods as promised yet? I know people who are still waiting and getting it piecemeal. I hope this isn't a gigantic scam for their sake.

Options: Reply To This Message•Quote This Message•Follow This Thread•Report This Message
Posted by: Hound Dog (IP Logged)

Pretty sure these are just cdrs and dvdrs in a nice package, I looked into this and didn't get any response.

Gonna find my way to heaven, cause I did my time in hell

Options: Reply To This Message•Quote This Message•Follow This Thread•Report This Message

The commemorative sets are sent in two packages to save the customer on the cost of the postage that is why they may arrive piecemeal. The CDs and DVDs are sent in a padded envelope and the sets are sent in a parcel as 'printed matter' That is why they may not all arrive at the same time, but I assure you it is not a scam - everyone receives everything promised. Most people who purchase the set email tosay how delighted they are with it.

Henrietta

Options: Reply To This Message•Quote This Message•Follow This Thread•Report This Message•Edit Post

Posted by: Leeds82 (IP Logged)

I have already bought this set..It is a fantastic souvenier of one of the seminal festivals of the 70's, and for those of us lucky to have been there, and lost all the bits and bobs over 30 years a great way to remind ourselves of a great day out.
Henrietta was very helpful during the ordering of the set..and I have no complaints..
I'am not related in any way to the company, just stating I'm a very happy customer..and more power to her elbow.

Posted by: mikey (IP Logged)

So dvdrs and cdrs or the factory pressed product and is the video direct from source tape or a copy of bootlegs already in circulation?

In answer to the last 2 posters...My cd's and dvd came with printed covers and the cd's were printed.

Bearing in mind most of the material from the shows was never broadcast or issued (save that of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Freebird The Movie dvd and cd, and footage shown on the OGWT) i care not one jot if the product is "factory pressed" or copied in some other manner..The quality in my opinion is very good.

I sometimes wonder why we are so concerned as to the origin of our cd's and dvd's, here we are grabbing what we can, from wherever we can, just by sitting at home..Gone are the days of flicking through piles of lp's and tapes, sometimes years after the show...

Like I said in my earlier post, for what your getting, just add up the cost of indvidual items, it's a blimmin bargain..and from someone who was involved in the show to boot..(pun intended)

So..to wrap up..If you were there..it was brilliant..and want a nice souvenir, just get it..If you werent there and curious, get it..If your worried that your not getting some pressed in a factory cd from the back streets of wherever..just wait till someone else buys it and rip it off the intenet for free and then say how bloody wonderful it is!

Posted by: midnrambler (IP Logged)

If you want the definitive Knebworth DVD get "Knebworth 1976" (digipak cover in Black And Blue style).

Leeds82,
As a Stones collector it is very important for me to know if they are cdrs or not. I already have the Knebworth show and dvd that was burned for me by a friend. However if I see a cool packaged set I would look into getting it, but if its just cdrs than there would be no point. I am thinking these are just cdrs and dvdrs since they won't give an answer.

Well I'm by no means a "factory pressed fetishist" but having had a lot of hassles with DVDrs that are very choosy about what machines they will play on, prone tp skipping, freezing - you name it... I really do like to know as much about the product I'm about to shell out for so that I can make an informed decision about whether or not I want to buy.

I'd agree with Midnight Rambler concrning VGP's "Hot August Night" as the best audio source yet to surface for the Stones Knebworth set.

Ironically the best version of Knebworth comes on DVDr and comes from the same source as the alternate edit of "Charlie is my Darling" which is unbelievably good (and agin only available on DVDr as is the astonishing snippet from The Marquee '71 concert - both these are broadcast quality as is the Knebworth DVD.

It is much cheaper to send the set as 'printed matter' via Royal Mail -it works out at half the price of Parcel Force, but Royal Mail will not accept the DVDs and CDs as printed matter, which is why it is far less expensive to send them separately in a padded envelope.

Besides the added cost of a redundant second package you have also assured a 2 month delivery time if it comes at all.

Thankfully I took a pass on getting this set, something sounds very sketchy to me. I am very happy with my cdrs I got for free.

If you want to see all about the CDs, DVDs and a review on the set go to www.stonesplanet.com

Posted by: jagger50 (IP Logged)

Posted by: J-J-Flash (IP Logged)

I would also like to know if these are cdrs or not. Rockmusimem- it doesn't say anywhere in that review. Has someone bought this? This same question keeps getting asked over and over. Can someone provide a straight response to this question...

My buddy finally got his yesyerday and said the DVDs are no better than the Goldmaster or Jointrip DVDs in circulation. Goldmaster (which JT used) came off the BBC masters.

Re: Knebworth Stones set now with 3 DVDs, 6 CDs and Knebworth Stones T shirt full review on http://www.stonesplanet.com/
Date: July 25, 2006 15:15

2 CDs Rolling Stones

1 CD Lynyrd Skynyrd

I CD Todd Rundgren

1 CD of 10cc

1 CD Hot Tuna

Henrietta

Leeds82,

Re: Knebworth Stones set now with 3 DVDs, 6 CDs and Knebworth Stones T shirt full review on [www.stonesplanet.com]
Date: July 25, 2006 15:10

2 CDs Rolling Stones

1 CD Lynyrd Skynyrd

I CD Todd Rundgren

1 CD of 10cc

1 CD Hot Tuna

Henrietta

Leeds82,

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: July 25, 2006 16:47

What the hell? Please stop the BS and just answer the question everyone is asking. Another friend of mine said he emailed a woman at this music memmorabilia site and she would also not answer this question.

Date: July 29, 2006 21:03

I'll answer the question, the DVD is a copy of Jointrip's Disk 1.

RIP OFF

I treed that disk for free before Jointrip got it a long, long time ago.

Posted by: tgood ()
Date: July 29, 2006 23:50

How much were they?

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: July 30, 2006 15:57

-"My buddy finally got his yesyerday and said the DVDs are no better than the Goldmaster or Jointrip DVDs in circulation. Goldmaster (which JT used) came off the BBC masters.-"

Like Steven say,the dvd is a copy of jointrip dvd1.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home