Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Happy from Brussels 1973
Posted by: gdgbd ()
Date: July 8, 2006 05:16

Someone asked for this, so this a go at remastering Happy. Remastering means trying to improve the sound quality of an existing recording - it is nothing like remixing, which is best left to dodgy Michael Jackson fans of course.

I don't seem to be able to paste a link (must be doing something wrong), but here is the address whuch you can paste in manually,

[www.yousendit.com]

This version is based on a low bitrate original mp3 (80bps) though coz that's all I have. Would someone please post a few high quality and high bitrate (320 bps) mp3s from Brussels or even better the Australian 1973 tour. I'd really like to play with some high quality base recordings.

Thanks

Re: Happy from Brussels 1973
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: July 8, 2006 09:34

Much as you are to be commended on your efforts, working with mp3s is not the go when remastering. If you re-encode the original mp3 as another mp3 when you've finished you're going to lose even more quality. If you convert the original mp3 to wav & keep the final product as a wav file you'll be ok. Working with a 320bit mp3 is not going to help, you really need the original wav files to do any good.

Have you checked out the torrent sites for recordings of the best quality? Well worth it. Also have you checked out what Mickboy has done with his remasterings, on the cover of one of these he states that he didn't use any computor technology, it was all outboard hardware gear.

Sonar & ozone, eh, very impressive, keep it going, I thought I was doing alright with cooleditpro2, the problem is where do you stop, there's always something new on the horizon.

Posted by: gdgbd ()
Date: July 8, 2006 09:50

Thanks - your comments are obviously correct - the mp3 is converted to a wave to work on. It would be great to get some wave files, but just haven't tracked down any original wave files, only mp3s. We just don't get these bootleg CDs in New Zealand. Can anyone direct me to some good wave file sources?

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: July 8, 2006 14:35

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2581
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home