Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Looking for B-sides
Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: May 16, 2006 17:57

nick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so the point is moot
> because there is no way in hell they would have to
> pay more for a CD that is produced in their own
> country.

I don't know, I did have almost the same exact thought as you when I read that. But just because CDs are manufactured in Japan doesn't mean they are cheaper for consumers to purchase in Japan. Maybe they are, but I haven't been there so I really can't say. I'd love to hear someone from Japan comment on this, but so far I haven't.

> Mick knows it's an easy buck
> so why not continue the trend.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think CD singles are about making a buck. There really just doesn't seem to be any massive amount of money in it. To me they seem more like a promotional item, hopefully leading some people to purchase the full CD. I do think the bonus tracks are targeted to collectors and the core fan base to boost sales numbers, but again I think it's about promotion not money.

> I myself am a
> perfect sucker for this. When Biggest Mistake
> comes out in Germany, I dont care if I have to buy
> it as an Import, I want my 2 Super Bowl tracks.
> See what I mean?

Yes, totally. I'm a sucker for it too, I realy love the live bonus tracks. Those extra tracks on Japanese CDs drive me insane. (Thanks to the internet I've tracked down just about every one I've ever wanted.)

Posted by: iggy.pop ()
Date: May 16, 2006 18:27

Many thanks to nick & SFTD.

nick, i found infos about the out of control promo with the catalogue number you gave me. Thank you.

Date: May 17, 2006 21:04

The Live With Me 1995 Stripped b-side is not on Rarities,believe it or not.The version that appears on Rarities is the same one on the No Security album.

The Japanese Bridges To Babylon bonus track is Angie from Tokyo March 6,1995.

Posted by: TatteredTongue ()
Date: May 17, 2006 21:10

Theif in the Night Wrote:
> The Live With Me 1995 Stripped b-side is not on
> Rarities,believe it or not.The version that
> appears on Rarities is the same one on the No
> Security album.
>
> The Japanese Bridges To Babylon bonus track is
> Angie from Tokyo March 6,1995.

I'm sure you got that info from the Rarities booklet. But you see the Rarities booklet is wrong. Yes, wrong. It IS infact from the bside from Stripped. If you compare the Rarities and No Security version very closely you see they ARE different, the intro is very different.

I think the booklet made one more error, I'll see if I can remember. Ah, found it. I think "I Just Want To Make Love To You" is from the Highwire bside, but since I don't have that verion I can't tell for sure. But the production has Flashpoint written all over it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-17 21:26 by TatteredTongue.

Date: May 17, 2006 21:18

Alright.I should have known better than to trust that booklet.I always skipped that track on Rarities because,I already had the Wild Horses cd single from Stripped with Live With Me & the No Security album.

Date: May 17, 2006 21:18

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-17 21:20 by Theif in the Night.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: May 18, 2006 02:31

The booklet is very messed up....The Tattered Tongue is correct about I Just Wanna Make Love To You. It's the same one as on the Highwire Single thus keeping the Japan only version from Amsterdam 98 a true Rarity.

Posted by: bobbysoul ()
Date: May 21, 2006 16:00

Does anyone have "If You Can't Rock Me" from the Live Licks Japan or the "Hurricane" Single given out at a few shows this year? I was never able to get one. Thanks!

Posted by: SFTD ()
Date: May 21, 2006 18:08

If You Can't Rock Me (Live licks version)

[www.yousendit.com]

Date: May 22, 2006 00:12

Thanks so much for the track. I haven't been able to get that one!

Date: May 22, 2006 02:44

There is bad editing on If You Can't Rock me from Live Licks.They cut a verse & looped another verse twice.They should have used the version from the previous show instead.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 22, 2006 03:15

Theif in the Night Wrote:
> There is bad editing on If You Can't Rock me from
> Live Licks.They cut a verse & looped another verse
> twice.They should have used the version from the
> previous show instead.

If you use your search button for the Live Licks (or Rarities) release, you'll see some wonderful posts about this, especially from Gazza.

Date: May 25, 2006 23:18

Anyone have "Think I'm Going Mad" the B-Side of the She Was Hot Single? I have the 45 but don't have a turntable anymore. I was wondering if anyone had it on a file format? Thanks. Oh yeah, anyone have info where I can get (buy or otherwise) the Hurricane single Keith and Ron did? Thanks for any info.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: May 26, 2006 00:04

Think I'm Going Mad
[www.yousendit.com]

Date: May 26, 2006 06:25

Thanks nick, you and SFTD have been a huge help for us folks trying to get the Japan stuff and the out of print B sides! Do you guys have the REAL "I Just Want To Make Love To You" from Japan No Security, not the Highwire single track?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2065
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home