Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I need these tracks if anyone would be so good to post them.
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 11, 2006 12:29

Miss You. - 8-track cartridge version.
BeastOf Burden. - 8-track cartridge version.
Fortune Teller. - Under dub version.
Poison Ivy. - Under dub version.
Dandelion. - Wide stereo mix.

JumpingKentFlash

Re: I need these tracks if anyone would be so good to post them.
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: May 11, 2006 15:46

Think we're all looking for the 8-track versions.

What do you mean by the 'under dub' versions of fortune teller & poison ivy, do you mean the ones without the audience overdubs? If so, do you want the one with harmonica that was overdubbed later for Got Live if You Want It, or the version without harmonica?

I'm trying to up the stereo Dandelion but things are really slow down under @ the moment so I might have to give it a while unless someone else has got it.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: May 11, 2006 16:02

there are LOTS AND LOTS of different Stones 8 track mixes. Good thing I kept all of mine...

No way to digitize them, though...

JR

Date: May 11, 2006 17:02

The one without the harmonica overdub please. Also it would be cool with Dandelion too. Thanks in advance.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: May 11, 2006 18:16

intresting ,,,for me too,,,,,,

Posted by: TatteredTongue ()
Date: May 11, 2006 21:36

Here's Fortune Teller, I think it's the one you want. By the way, what's special about the 8-track versions?

[beta.yousendit.com]

Posted by: coldturkey ()
Date: May 11, 2006 21:54

I agree - what's special?

Obviously if you actually have the 8-tracks in your hand then that's special but what's special about posting them here - you only get the sound, so how does it differ????
I remember using these as a lad, can't say I miss'em except as collecters pieces.
david

Date: May 11, 2006 22:10

thanks , ! i just read bout this version..

so there is a odds and sods from the early days...

tell me ( the first version ,released by misstake ? )
tell me (4:50 ) only on u.k first vinyl.
under my thumb on got live ,exits 2 diff versions ?.
on lp got live ,no name intro,,bill.mick..but on cd there is this no name intro,

Date: May 12, 2006 08:33

Firt of all the Beast of Burden on 8-track is apparently a different version with different words, that's why we all want it.

Here's Poison Ivy, no audience
[rapidshare.de]

Here's the stereo Dandelion
[rapidshare.de]

Tattered posted the Fortune Teller without harmonica, here's the version with harmonica, no audience.
[rapidshare.de]

vancouver reminded me of the differences between the vinyl & cd versions of Got Live..
Under my Thumb is a different take, different vocals & marimbas on the vinyl.

Fortune Teller is also subtly different altho the same take. They use the harmonica version & on the vinyl they let it fade out as it's the end of a side. On the cd, however, they cut it off short at the end a overdub some audience. I've only got a tape copy of the vinyl so this'll have to do, maybe someone has a better recording straight off vinyl?

Fortune Teller vinyl
[rapidshare.de]

Posted by: silkcut1978 ()
Date: May 12, 2006 09:43

Am at office right now but when I get back home and there's still nobody with the 8track-versions I'm gonna up them later on.

Just had a look on my iPod - there are 3 songs on the Some Girls-8track which are different to the LP/CD-versions.
Beast of Burden (sounding like a new song to me), Miss You (sounds like an edited version) and Shattered (a few noteable differences).

silk

Date: May 12, 2006 09:54

can't download from rapidshare..

i forget the wild horses .the hot rocks version,

Date: May 12, 2006 10:40

Those trax would be nice silkcut, waiting patiently for them.

vancouver, I had problems with YSI so I used rapid which I've always found reliable even tho you can only d/l 20mbs/hour then you have to wait for an hour.

Open the first page, scroll down to 'free', click & then scroll down the 2nd page where you will see a countdown, when that's done, paste the numbers/letters into the box & d/l the file.

As for 'Tell me', I thought there were 3 released versions of this, all the same take. The original English pressing, which I remember well cos I used to play along with it, in which the song ends as if they'd cut the tape, this is about 4'05'. The later pressing in which it fades out & that's the common one now, & then the US single(?) version in which they've edited out the instrumental so it runs for 2'46"

There appear to be a couple of interesting trax on that early Hot Rocks pressing, Wild Horses & a different mix/take of Brown Sugar, I've only resd about these, do you have them?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-12 11:48 by vox12string.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: May 12, 2006 16:37

Rest of the Best German Box released Tell Me Baby How Many Times in error as Tell Me. Getting a previously unreleased song is always a good screw up.

Date: May 12, 2006 17:08

[download.yousendit.com]

here's bs from a shot of salivation,seems to be that version.????????
there is an old boot "diverse harmonics" i think it was wild horses there.

yes.you right bout "tell me"

Date: May 12, 2006 18:13

In reference to Vox's post. Poision Ivy - no audience & Fortune Teller - harmmonica - no audience do appear on the current SACD of More Hot Rocks. The stereo Dandelion download is on MHR SACD too. There is a wide stereo mix of it. Tattered Tongues No Harmonica version of Fortune Teller seems to be an edited version from the from the previous release of that cd. However it's 2:12 time is a coincidence and not the track used for the Got Live LP because you can still hear the harmonica on Vox's Fortune Teller vinyl especially right before the mp3 ends.

Concerning Tell Me, Englands Newest Hitmakers SACD is a 4:05 version. As far as I knew, this is the original long version finally appearing on CD. Lukepak's SACD FAQ says the mix is a little different but I dont know. The short Tell Me at 3:49 is on the MHR SACD. The 2:46 Tell Me we should nickname the Sucking in the 70's version for being cut up so bad LOL.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-12 19:46 by nick.

Posted by: TatteredTongue ()
Date: May 13, 2006 01:48

<In reference to Vox's post. Poision Ivy - no audience & Fortune Teller - harmmonica - no audience do appear on the current SACD of More Hot Rocks. The stereo Dandelion download is on MHR SACD too. There is a wide stereo mix of it. Tattered Tongues No Harmonica version of Fortune Teller seems to be an edited version from the from the previous release of that cd. However it's 2:12 time is a coincidence and not the track used for the Got Live LP because you can still hear the harmonica on Vox's Fortune Teller vinyl especially right before the mp3 ends.

You're confusing me.

Date: May 13, 2006 03:26

VOX: Here's Poison Ivy, no audience
[rapidshare.de]

This version is on the current More Hot Rocks SACD.

VOX: Here's the stereo Dandelion
[rapidshare.de]

This version is on the current More Hot Rocks SACD. However it is not the "wide" version JumpinKentFlash is looking for.

VOX: Tattered posted the Fortune Teller without harmonica, here's the version with harmonica, no audience.
[rapidshare.de]

This version is on the current More Hot Rocks SACD.

VOX: Fortune Teller vinyl
[rapidshare.de]

I was trying to add on to what Vox was saying.

TATTERED TONGUE: Here's Fortune Teller, I think it's the one you want. By the way, what's special about the 8-track versions?
[beta.yousendit.com]

Was pointing out the version u posted is unique also because it is not the track they used for VOX's Vinyl Fortune Teller.

Hope this clears it up. If it doesn't then I think I should shut the hell up so I dont confuse things further.

Date: May 13, 2006 08:27

It's a Pandora's box isn't it, didn't know about the 'wide stereo' dandelion.

How about trying to sift thru the 'speed corrected' songs around the Beggars period.. I've given up, they sounded alright to me back then

Date: May 17, 2006 16:31

I didn't get a chance to download some of them. Could anyone be so kind as to re-post the following songs:

- Fortune Teller. (The early "More Hot Rocks" CD, without the overdubs).
- Poison Ivy. (Also the early "More Hot Rocks" CD, without the overdubs).
- Dandelion. (The wide stereo mix also from "More Hot Rocks" CD).

The "early" version of the "More Hot Rocks" CD was released sometime in the 80s and had some songs (Namely the first two I mentioned) that was without some overdubs from the original recordings (The ones we know from the "More Hot Rocks" of today). That was what I meant by the "under-dub-versions").

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 17, 2006 17:43

Can someone post on yousendit the above titles? Thanks.

Date: May 17, 2006 18:31

[www.yousendit.com]

ok here's poison ivy(without harmonica)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1725
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home