Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Streaming audio help
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 29, 2006 21:19

Is there someway to save a streaming audio feed I'm listening to to the computer's hard drive while listening? Any program that I can use to do this? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Streaming audio help
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 29, 2006 21:55

Any audio editor will do the job.
Audacity
CDEX
Nero Wave Editor etc.

Date: April 29, 2006 23:10

Okay, I've DL'd Audacity and read through the help section. I must confess...I still can't figure out what I need to do to record a streaming audio feed. What I'm trying to do is record Neil Young's new album off of his web site (neilyoung.com). You click on the bumper of the car and the new album plays. What steps do I take to record the album using the Audacity program? Thanks again for any help.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 29, 2006 23:25

You need to choose the right monitor source (what you want to record) in Audacity.
I don't have the progam installed so I can't tell exactly, but if you get Audacity to record-ready mode you should see on the meters if your're getting a signal.
Do a few test recordings.
good luck

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: April 30, 2006 13:02

I have a soundcard that will play AND record @ the same time, I'm not sure if your standard inbuilt card will do that. If it does, then play around with Audacity, it should do it.

The other way is to d/l the file. What do you know about capturing streaming files? CoCsoft StreamDown works with the Neil Young site. They're .swf files & you'll then need a proggy to convert swf to mp3, do a google.

What do you know about download managers, I can send you the links for the files, but your mail addy is hidden. Given that this is going to be a commecially available album I won't post the links publicly.

Date: April 30, 2006 15:52

The entire world of capturing streaming audio, file formats and rates,etc., is brand new to me. Like most computer things, I'll eventually learn how to use different helpers, programs, etc., but the learning curve right now is still long. Any help from others is greatly appreciated.

Re my email, I didn't realize it was hidden. So, send email to: vetclone2002@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: April 30, 2006 17:22

Check your email dmay

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1492
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home