Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Most Powerful Verison Of Start Me Up
Posted by: RollingStonesUSA ()
Date: April 21, 2006 22:43

I saw a post about the most powerful verison of Satisfaction, What do you think the most powerful verison of Start Me Up is....

Re: Most Powerful Verison Of Start Me Up
Date: April 21, 2006 22:49

nippon voodoo 95
orpheum theater 02

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: April 21, 2006 22:49

Once again I say that the SuperBowl version were great!

Posted by: HoldOnToYourHat ()
Date: April 21, 2006 22:55

Flashpoint

Posted by: Raoul Duke ()
Date: April 21, 2006 23:00

The most powerful version I have heard of Start Me Up was at the show in Albany last September. The best one I have on a recording is Hampton 1981; Live Licks and the version played in 1994 at the MTV Video Music Awards (see my post a few days ago on the Love Is Strong thread) are also quite good. The one during the B2B tour was a bit too slow; the one during the Steel Wheels a bit too jazzy (I think they went a little overboard on the horn section during that tour in general).

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: April 21, 2006 23:12

The best was the one on steel wheels dvd.

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: April 21, 2006 23:17

I agree the MTV version is great. I got that with Love Is Strong first. Mick is pretty cool with that hat and sunglasses when he enters the show from behind the audience!

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: April 21, 2006 23:30

Defenitly the Flashpoint and the St. Louis (from the DVD) versions. I'll post the St. Louis version in a few minutes. keith's guitar is really fat and agressive and Charlie's drumming and Mick's vocals on the St. Louis one is really good. And yeah, the Superbowl version is pretty cool too, I think since the 40 Licks Tour Keith has been adding a diferent riff there somewhere (I think you can hear it on the Superbowl version after the "I can't compete / With the raiders in the other heats").

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: April 22, 2006 00:07

Here is is: [s37.yousendit.com]

Start Me Up from St. Louis (BTB Tour).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1893
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home