Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Perth 73
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 3, 2006 20:36

HEre it Perth Australia 1973. I don't have cover art. My friend who burned this disc for may or may not put the songs in the correct order.

Great performance. Keith is on fire!!

Brown Sugar
[s52.yousendit.com]

Bitch
[s52.yousendit.com]

Happy
[s52.yousendit.com]

Tumblin Dice
[s52.yousendit.com]

Love in Vain
[s52.yousendit.com]

Sweet Virginia
[s52.yousendit.com]

You can't Always Get Whay You Want
[s52.yousendit.com]

Honky Tonk Women
[s52.yousendit.com]

All Down The Line
[s52.yousendit.com]

Midnight Rambler
[s52.yousendit.com]

Re: Perth 73
Date: April 3, 2006 20:53

Band intros
[s52.yousendit.com]

Little Queenie
[s52.yousendit.com]

Let It Rock
[s52.yousendit.com]

Gimmie Shelter
[s52.yousendit.com]

Rocks Off
[s52.yousendit.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 3, 2006 21:30

Cafaro:

Do you know the exact name of the boot ????

Mother

Date: April 3, 2006 21:34

No,
It's a blank CD. Came in a sleeve. Sorry.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: April 3, 2006 22:10

I had it, so many years back, as a Swinging Pig Records and it was called "Rocks Off". But there are so many titles for the same source!
It's sooooooo frustrating that the tape goes wrong by the end of TD......

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 3, 2006 22:29

Swinging Pig - Rocks off, Perth '73
Artwork
[s54.yousendit.com]

got it here

[www.tomaatnet.nl]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-03 22:30 by open-g.

Posted by: Marcofromitaly ()
Date: April 4, 2006 01:11

I don't have words to thank you, Cafaro!!!

This show is amazing!!!

Just one question for you or for anyone who can answer it: I went to rockpassion.com and the track order is exactly the same of a boot called Welcome to Australia (Perth concert).

But other RS sites on the web say that Welcome to Australia refers to a Sidney concert of the same tour.

So: is it Perth or Sidney?

Date: April 4, 2006 01:23

Well,
My friend told me it was Perth so I'm assumin it's Perth. I have Sydney too.

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: April 4, 2006 02:36

I have a Mighty Diamonds boot of "It's Getting Hot Up Here!" which purports to be from Perth but - with the aid of this post and www.nzentgraf.de - obviously isn't...

I have checked each track and from 1-14 they are different - particularly the Band Intros so i am presuming I have one of the Sydney shows

So, Cafaro, thanks for giving me the real Perth show to match my digipack!!

However, the last track 15 - Rip This Joint not Let It Rock - definitely fits into the "Sydney show" seamlessly so it looks like it has been tacked onto the end of the Perth show to make up the CD??

Confused?? You will be!!

Anybody know the truth out there??

Cheers.

Posted by: HomerJRichards ()
Date: April 4, 2006 05:50

I have a Mighty Diamonds boot of "It's Getting Hot Up Here!" which purports to be from Perth but - with the aid of this post and www.nzentgraf.de - obviously isn't...

I have checked each track and from 1-14 they are different - particularly the Band Intros so i am presuming I have one of the Sydney shows

"So, Cafaro, thanks for giving me the real Perth show to match my digipack!!

However, the last track 15 - Rip This Joint not Let It Rock - definitely fits into the "Sydney show" seamlessly so it looks like it has been tacked onto the end of the Perth show to make up the CD??

Confused?? You will be!!

Anybody know the truth out there?? "

Zagalo - I'm from Perth but unfortunately I was only 3 years old when that show took place at the WACA stadium. My best mate however was there & it was one of his friends (a mixer for his band) who recorded that concert which has been doing the rounds for all these years. The concert is actually incomplete because they also performed Monkey Man & other tracks which escape my memory at this point in time. You will know if you have the Perth show if it includes Mick singing Happy Birthday to Nicky Hopkins. According to my mate, the original artwork included a photo of a concert ticket & the tour poster pic of the car flying into a map of Australia. The boot title was simply called something like Live in Perth 1973. Hope this helps. ps will find out more about the other tracks which were performed but aren't on the recording.

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: April 4, 2006 07:29

Hi guys

The "Rocks off" boot is complete except for SFM and JJF.
"Let it rock" wasn't played at the show so I'm not sure what the above one is.
Can't listen to them now as am at work.

Greatest boot of them all as far as I'm concerned - and not just coz I'm a Perth boy either. :0)

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Posted by: JoeHill ()
Date: April 4, 2006 08:48

I had this also sitting on my hard drive - definitively same show - slightly lower bit rate 128 but appears a bit more cleaner/remastered source..Kick ass performance..

Brown Sugar -
[s40.yousendit.com]

Date: April 4, 2006 08:54

Actually - the more I listen..a much better source and/or remaster...

Date: April 4, 2006 08:58

Thanks for the post Cafaro!!!

I can post the version sitting on my hard drive - if you think it is a better source/re-master...

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 4, 2006 09:18

The second version of Borwn Sugar is definitely better. Please post the version of the show the second BS came from if the other cuts are redone as well as BS. Thanks.

Posted by: RoddyD ()
Date: April 5, 2006 04:04

My first ever Stones show...and first date with the (now) wife. God, it's hard to believe it's THAT long ago.

Now, the actual song lists escapes my normally poor memory (I have trubble recalling last year, let alone 30 odd years ago), but I DO recall the show lifted off when they played You Cant Always Get What you Want.

Til then, the audience was a bit 'reserved', from YCAGWYW to the end, awesome responses from the crowd.

My wife (4' 11" tall) had to stand on Coke Cans 'on end' to give her an extra 6" of 'height' in order to see the small stage. We were about 50yds from the stage having camped out overnight at the WACA to get good spot...yeah right! (NO 'floor' seating).

Rgds
Rod
Perth

Date: April 5, 2006 04:10

isn't great to hear a show you were at?

Was this the show when Mick came down from the sky during Brown Sugar?

Date: April 5, 2006 04:13

This is just a wonderful energy filled performance!

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: April 5, 2006 04:20

JoeHill, does your source remain steady throughout or does it decline at the end of Tumbling DIce? if it's steady, man, that would ROCK my world, you'd satisfy a 13 year-craving (out of 30)! Please please post it!

Date: April 5, 2006 04:26

Nah, the band were driven up to behind the stage in cars. They all just strolled onto the stage (mick J brandishing a cricket bat - as the show was at the WACA - West Auatralian Cricket Associatiom - ground in Perth).

I recall big Ollie Crown (?) sitting on a stool playing percussion. Daylight show. Pretty warm. Front page of the following day's "Sunday Times" in Perth...with one line that always stuck with me

"The acrid smell of pot hung over the ground..."

I never smelled THAT!!!!

I have what purports to be a boot of the show (Happy Birhtday Nicky) and a vinyl pressing of the same show (or parts of it) which is called something like "What If Keith Never Woke Up"....B+W cover of Keith slumped in a chair...apparently he slept in!!!!

Great memories...

...hope to get to Sydney next week to make some more!

Rgds
Rod
Perth

Date: April 5, 2006 04:31

....meant to add that as much as I treasure the memories of the 73 show, and appreciate having some boots of it, they are pretty average boots, even by those day's standards I reckon. You can hear the band's on fire, it's just the recordings were not the best (better than none though!), so I often wonder how it is that so many others rate this show as one of the better Stones boots out there. Am I missing a better recording?

Rgds
Rod
Perth

Date: April 5, 2006 04:54

Well Rod,
In my opinion, I think that this and Sydney are probably the best recodings o.f the 72 set list in terms of sound quality and the Stones performances. Midnight Rambler and Bye Bye Jonny may have been done better in NYC but that's about it,

My friend is emailing me Sydney tomorrow from my office so I'll put it up when I get it.

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: April 5, 2006 05:04

thats just awesome cafaro! thank you...

i'd much rather here a 72 or 73 boot anyday than a 2003 one..but thats just me.. i mean i listen to all of them but i think in 72 and 73 they were playing in the style i happen to enjoy more.... personally don't need the sound to be perfect....

Date: April 5, 2006 06:56

Perth '73 - Different Source/Remastered (?) sounds really good!

Brown Sugar -
[s51.yousendit.com]

Bitch -
[s51.yousendit.com]

Rock Off -
[s51.yousendit.com]

Gimme Shelter -
[s51.yousendit.com]

Happy -
[s51.yousendit.com]

Tumblin' Dice -
[s51.yousendit.com]

Love In Vain -
[s51.yousendit.com]

Sweet Virginia -
[s51.yousendit.com]

You Can't Always Get What You Want
[s51.yousendit.com]

Date: April 5, 2006 07:17

Tks Cafaro.....fantastic stuff!

Rgds
Rod

Date: April 5, 2006 07:34

HTW -
[s51.yousendit.com]

All Down The Line -
[s51.yousendit.com]

Midnight Rambler -
[s51.yousendit.com]

Band Intros..Happy Birthday Nicky
[s51.yousendit.com]

Little Quennie -
[s51.yousendit.com]

Rip This Joint -
[s41.yousendit.com]

covers -

[www.rs-covers.com]

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: April 5, 2006 08:56

I thought it was called Exiles Afternoon. Best f-ing Gimmie Shelter ever!!!!!!!!!!

Date: April 5, 2006 10:07

bewdiful stuff Cafaro and Joe-Hill

tks so much, much better than my present version!

Rgds
Rod
Perth

Date: April 5, 2006 16:21

Stoned,
I'm with you. I always felt the Stones lost their edge in terms of a "rock" sound after 1982. The post Stu era became more of a slick sounding one.

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: April 6, 2006 01:58

Excellent!!
Thanks again, Cafaro & JoeHill

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1782
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home